Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

235s On A 7?

zebidi

mine 17" were/are 8j and 235 are fine ..

my 18" were/are 7.5j and it was a push to get 235's.

215's are the recommended size for the mr2.. but, having said that, 235's do fit... the 215'r are recommended on a 7j wheel.. so getting 235's on is pushing it (depends on the profile of the tyre) if the profile is 40 or lower, there wull be less sidewall to play with, so i would say that 7.5 or 8j is going to be best... depending on how stiff the sidewall of the tyre is, then 7j rims will be too narrow and the fitter will have big problems squeezing them on.. i have been there done that and got the t-shirt.. get wider rims.

215's are the recommended size for the mr2.. but, having said that, 235's do fit... the 215'r are recommended on a 7j wheel.. so getting 235's on is pushing it (depends on the profile of the tyre) if the profile is 40 or lower, there wull be less sidewall to play with, so i would say that 7.5 or 8j is going to be best... depending on how stiff the sidewall of the tyre is, then 7j rims will be too narrow and the fitter will have big problems squeezing them on.. i have been there done that and got the t-shirt.. get wider rims.

its alright, all the stuff about ordering wheels finally called them up and ordered them today, BBS RX 17x7.5 on front and 17x8 on the rear.

really didnt wanna go 17 but they didnt have any 16s

Looks lots better on 17's anyway :thumbsup:

ooh!, and 17" tyres are getting cheaper all the time :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links