Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jae Show & Shine Cars Needed

Ken

As above TOC has been given 5 places for the show & shine competion which will be held at 11am on the saturday for yotas so if your car is up for it post a pic here :thumbsup:

If their is more than 5 that want to enter we will put it to a poll so get posting those pics peeps :drool: :D

Would have thought yours would be up there Ken. Is Toyota PR bringing the Castrol Supra?

If only mine was being sprayed this month instead of next!! It will look mint once it's done grrr

Apologies if this is a silly question Ken, but what exactly is involved? I missed the S&S last year. Do you polish up and drive to the arena, or do judges come to the stands throughout the day and inspect the entries? What sort of standards to they generally look for? Because I know they'll be a world of difference between re-sprays, 5 year old paint and 18 year old paint :)

Would have thought yours would be up there Ken. Is Toyota PR bringing the Castrol Supra?

Nope even after the blowover i'm not up their for this comp, cleaning the underside and wheelarch melarky, pah :lol:

TGB are bringing the supra but i'd rather the place went to a member ;)

If only mine was being sprayed this month instead of next!! It will look mint once it's done grrr

You will still be coming Andy? :unsure:

Chris you are entry number 1 :thumbsup:

Apologies if this is a silly question Ken, but what exactly is involved? I missed the S&S last year. Do you polish up and drive to the arena, or do judges come to the stands throughout the day and inspect the entries?

It's not in the arena due to the dust :thumbsup:

I have 5 entry form's and once we have picked the 5 i'll fill in your details on friday and hand the forms in, then on saturday morning with your car all gleaming you will need to go to the show & shine area for an 11am judging session ;)

To answer your edit the judge's will put you into sections, Classic/ Concourse or Modfied Caz.

JAE2006v2.jpg

You will still be coming Andy? :unsure:

(ok the quote things gone mental on me :lol:)

If the cars all done then I dont see why not, I will be wanting to show it off :lol::lol: My only reservation is the whole group thing people where complaning about what happend last year :huh: If it ends up like JAE 2004 then it should be cool :thumbsup:

If the cars all done then I dont see why not, I will be wanting to show it off :lol::lol: My only reservation is the whole group thing people where complaning about what happend last year :huh: If it ends up like JAE 2004 then it should be cool :thumbsup:

That was purely down to the camping, this year we are all onstand so normal madness resumed :D

woo looks like im gonna have to get all my detailin stuff ordered and get polishing :wacko:

Hmmm I would... but I dont think Skye would be up to scratch atm... :( mebbe next time

Thanks for the info Ken... I don't think Murray will be quite up to an event-wide show & shine. He's gorgeous for his age but I can't quite describe him as Concours yet. :(

He'll do the TOC stand proud though. :thumbsup:

Cant see mine looking nice before JAE at this rate ... are you doing an 'under the hood' comp this year?

could be up for this ken but obviously the car aint uite finished yet so no piccies

Mine could be a possibility but its far from showroom condition and cleanliness

P1010023.jpg

P1010017.jpg

As Charis said.... there is brand new fresh paint, and there is original 18 year old paint....

I am sure the paint is not the best on my car (I know its not!) but the engine bay will dazzle all :D The imterior is not bad either ;)

At the end of the day it is an 18 year old car that has been used... I have chosed to live with minor door dings as I think the factory 18 year old paint is worth more as anyone can have any old shed respreyed have any rust covered up and call it mint!!!!

Cant see mine looking nice before JAE at this rate ... are you doing an 'under the hood' comp this year?

Haven't decided on the trophies yet.

Charlie are you wanting to be considered? :unsure:

At the end of the day it is an 18 year old car that has been used... I have chosed to live with minor door dings as I think the factory 18 year old paint is worth more as anyone can have any old shed respreyed have any rust covered up and call it mint!!!!

I have 20 year old paint on mine and it looks like it was new, probably helps that it was in japan instead of the :censor: uk weather! your motor is still young compared to mine :lol:

Ken I honestly can't say if my car is at a considerable standard or not!!! That fact that I am not sure suggests that it is probably not :( it will be very very clean, if that is what show and shine is about, but the paint is not perfect... I need to see it in the daylight myself cleaned up (something I have not seen for two years my!) so I guess count me out mate...

Andy My car has never been out in a uk winter either, and it definitely makes a difference!! there is not a spot of rust or corrsion anywhere on it, but I would still say it doesn't "look like new" as lets face it, most cars that are not actually new don't look like it ;) I am however a perfectionist, and my views of something that looks a little tatty around the edges differ from others!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links