Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon Kits

215 compressor

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE THE CHEAPEST PLACE IS TO OBTAIN A K&N TYPHOON KIT FOR MY COROLLA COMPRESSOR.THANKS

Nowt wrong with the existing airbox setup...Just take out the existing restriction that feeds the airbox from behind the RHS headlamp.

HTH

Nowt wrong with the existing airbox setup...Just take out the existing restriction that feeds the airbox from behind the RHS headlamp.

HTH

Got any muppet-proof instructions on how to do this? Does it make much difference?

HTH

Got any muppet-proof instructions on how to do this? Does it make much difference?

I believe it makes a difference...Makes a nice noise too...Have a listern to my vid a couple of posts down the list here.

Instructions...

Remove the top half of the airbox, you may have to undo a few rubber hoses. Make a mental note of where they come from.

Remove panel filter and use a 10mm (i think) socket to remove the 3 bolts in the bottom of the airbox. Next take the airbox out completly (It's just to give extra room to work ).

2nd, use the same 10mm (may be 12mm) to remove the small nut holding the intake tube to the body work. It's between the Battery and the side wing.

Once you have removed those, you need to persuade the tube out. (be sure to remove the tube from the airbox first)

Job time 30-45 mins for a novice.

HTH

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHERE THE CHEAPEST PLACE IS TO OBTAIN A K&N TYPHOON KIT FOR MY COROLLA COMPRESSOR.THANKS

This is the guy I bought mine from - don't think I paid this much though (postage was cheaper)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/K-N-Typhoon-Inductio...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the guy I bought mine from - don't think I paid this much though (postage was cheaper)

will check it out many thanks did you feel any improvements after fitting

Sound :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Power :D :D :D (there's a much more noticeable 'kick' at 6,200rpm too)

Sound :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Power :D :D :D (there's a much more noticeable 'kick' at 6,200rpm too)

thanks for that its on order be fitted by the weekend : :D :D :D

:eek: whats the Powertec SL1 like its half the price and looks more bling than the typhoon any one have it?? :huh:

HI IF ANY ONE INTERESTED GOT A BRAND NEW TYPHOON AIR INTAKE FOR COROLLA T-SPORT .BOUGHT IT TO GO ON MY COROLLA COMPRESSOR BUT ALL YOU CAN HEAR IS THE SUPERCHARGER SO ONLY BEEN ON CAR 2 DAYS.NOT A HAPPY BUNNY :crybaby::crybaby:

HI IF ANY ONE INTERESTED GOT A BRAND NEW TYPHOON AIR INTAKE FOR COROLLA T-SPORT .BOUGHT IT TO GO ON MY COROLLA COMPRESSOR BUT ALL YOU CAN HEAR IS THE SUPERCHARGER SO ONLY BEEN ON CAR 2 DAYS.NOT A HAPPY BUNNY :crybaby::crybaby:

give ya 50 quid?

give ya 50 quid?

HAY COME ON COST ME 200 QUID ONLY BEEN ON 2 DAYS. THIS AINT A NORM AIR FILTER THIS IS THE 15 BHP INCREASE FILTER KIT. NOT A STANDARD INDUCTION KIT....THIS IS THE PROPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!

give ya 50 quid?

HAY COME ON COST ME 200 QUID ONLY BEEN ON 2 DAYS. THIS AINT A NORM AIR FILTER THIS IS THE 15 BHP INCREASE FILTER KIT. NOT A STANDARD INDUCTION KIT....THIS IS THE PROPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!

Depreciation brother - last offer : 120.

But seriously cant you send it back - 7 day cooling off period?

give ya 50 quid?

Depreciation brother - last offer : 120.

But seriously cant you send it back - 7 day cooling off period?

[/quote

WILL LOOK INTO IT BUT DONT THINK SO, WILL LET YOU KNOW

What do you mean all you can hear is the supercharger??? Would the same problem not occur with any kit??? :unsure:

What do you mean all you can hear is the supercharger??? Would the same problem not occur with any kit??? :unsure:

Doesent matter which kit you use...You will still hear the charger, as technically speaking it's a restriction in the intake system, therefore it's something to baffle the noise.

As i said earlier in the post, there is nothing wrong with the standard airbox if you remove the restrictive intake pipe. I've not done any measurements, but I would imagine that the panel filter has a bigger surface area, combined with bigger diameter pipework it should flow more air, therefore producing roughly the same level of improvement to power.

Besides, it may be marketed as 15hp increase, but that's in the optimal conditions. You will be lucky if you see 5-7 IMO.

HTH

KNNs tend to be louder than the others out there and have some of the best filtration too.

Also Caps Lock is next to A between Tab and Shift ;)

yes it would be the same with any kit but till you fit one you cant tell what your going to hear.on a normal t- sport you are hearing the air rushing into the engine ,but with mine being the compressor t-sport it highlights the sound of the compressor(supercharger)instead of the air flow i expected.in other words it sounds like a whining gear box not in keeping with the car. :(

yes it would be the same with any kit but till you fit one you cant tell what your going to hear.on a normal t- sport you are hearing the air rushing into the engine ,but with mine being the compressor t-sport it highlights the sound of the compressor(supercharger)instead of the air flow i expected.in other words it sounds like a whining gear box not in keeping with the car. :(

:!Removed!: Oh well I know what's it's like when you have to use the car everyday - if it was a weekend toy you'd put up with it! :lol:

• 2 months later...
I believe it makes a difference...Makes a nice noise too...Have a listern to my vid a couple of posts down the list here.

Instructions...

Remove the top half of the airbox, you may have to undo a few rubber hoses. Make a mental note of where they come from.

Remove panel filter and use a 10mm (i think) socket to remove the 3 bolts in the bottom of the airbox. Next take the airbox out completly (It's just to give extra room to work ).

2nd, use the same 10mm (may be 12mm) to remove the small nut holding the intake tube to the body work. It's between the battery and the side wing.

Once you have removed those, you need to persuade the tube out. (be sure to remove the tube from the airbox first)

HTH

Sorry for bringing this old post up but..

Please could you take a photo or a pic with this on, It sounds interesting.

I'd like to give it a go, but cant quite understand the last bit

:unsure:

Instructions...

2nd, use the same 10mm (may be 12mm) to remove the small nut holding the intake tube to the body work. It's between the battery and the side wing.

HTH

Sorry for bringing this old post up but..

Please could you take a photo or a pic with this on, It sounds interesting.

I'd like to give it a go, but cant quite understand the last bit

:unsure:

Here you go:

Airbox feed once removed (Note the small bolt hold location about half way along the tube. This bolts to the chassis by the side of the Battery. Just where the neck goes smaller, is where the airpump take's it's feed from for the emissions when the engine is cold. The inlet trumped sits to the side of the headlight and is held onto the slam panel with a plastic firtree which is easily removable):

AirboxFeed.JPG

Feed in situ:

TubeLocation.JPG

Restrictive Feed(Put this one in for reference to how small the tube is)

NeckSize.JPG

Lower Airbox Bolts (Airbox feed enters at the lower right corner):

AirboxBolts.JPG

When removing the airbox, be sure to make a note of where all the small tubes go. Also remember part of the wiring loom is attached at the back of the airbox, I cant get a pic of this as my camera is too big to fit in the gap.

HTH

I got the K&N Typhoon a few months back for my 04 rolla T Sport and absolutely love it. But I can understand how the supercharger whining all the time would get annoying, such a pity for such a great piece of kit.

I got the K&N Typhoon a few months back for my 04 rolla T Sport and absolutely love it. But I can understand how the supercharger whining all the time would get annoying, such a pity for such a great piece of kit.

just to bring you up to date put the kit back on its grown on me loving it now people know when there being over taken :driving:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links