Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon Kits

215 compressor

How much does the removal of the intake pipe increase fuel consumption (if at all)?

I'm tempted to give it a go - but I don't want to loose what relative fuel economy I get at the moment.

Cheers.

How much does the removal of the intake pipe increase fuel consumption (if at all)?

I'm tempted to give it a go - but I don't want to loose what relative fuel economy I get at the moment.

Cheers.

If anything I've noticed an improvement, as it's not sucking through a straw. It may take a few miles for the ECU to adjust to the improved airflow, however it's not a bad effect, makes it more driveable IMO.

I Average around 300-320 miles per tank (~32mpg)

HTH

Cheers.

If anything I've noticed an improvement, as it's not sucking through a straw. It may take a few miles for the ECU to adjust to the improved airflow, however it's not a bad effect, makes it more driveable IMO.

I Average around 300-320 miles per tank (~32mpg)

HTH

Sounds good - might have to give it a go.

I'm on my second full tank now and I've got it up to 38mpg so far - my last was ~34 but I've been driving like a grandad just to see how far it will go (but the majority is town driving so not bad imho). Next tank i'm going to drive it "normally" and see what it comes out at :D

I think i've never actually managed to beat 27mpg, its to damn tempting to floor it :lol:

Whoever had the car before me managed 40mpg, I bought it from a toyota main dealer so not sure whether it was the owners that had done it or the garage.

Yeah - i've seen a pic someone posted of 40+ mpg but for me it's just not attainable sitting in stop/start traffic on the way to work. Plus even if I do get a tiny bit of clear road to boot it on ... I soon feel the twinge in my wallet (and the 0.x of an mpg that's dropped off) :D

Yeah - i've seen a pic someone posted of 40+ mpg but for me it's just not attainable sitting in stop/start traffic on the way to work. Plus even if I do get a tiny bit of clear road to boot it on ... I soon feel the twinge in my wallet (and the 0.x of an mpg that's dropped off) :D

That was me he he! I'm 25, so I'm no slow driver and that was mixed urban and 20 miles of motorway driving... so it is achievable.... but not when you go above 6,200rpm! :lol:

That was me he he! I'm 25, so I'm no slow driver and that was mixed urban and 20 miles of motorway driving... so it is achievable.... but not when you go above 6,200rpm! :lol:

Must .... resist .... the ... lift .....

Gah, it's no good - I'm going to have to take a detour on the way home :D

Hey K19NE G,

Was it your car on eBay the other day?

If so why you wanna do a silly thing like selling that it was w***ktastic :lol:

I was :drool: for hours after seeing it and Red doesn't half look the dogs scrot!!!! :lol:

Hey K19NE G,

Was it your car on eBay the other day?

If so why you wanna do a silly thing like selling that it was w***ktastic :lol:

I was :drool: for hours after seeing it and Red doesn't half look the dogs scrot!!!! :lol:

That was it surely! Sold it to a nice guy from Belfast last week. Don't know why I sold it other than it was a low mileage car and I wanted to keep it that way, but because of work it was starting to creep up. I loved the car though... and the sound!!!!!!!!! :D :drool: B) I suppose once I test drove a new Focus ST my heart was won over by it, so I have plans to buy another hot hatch early next year if I finish the AE86 in time!!!

That was it surely! Sold it to a nice guy from Belfast last week. Don't know why I sold it other than it was a low mileage car and I wanted to keep it that way, but because of work it was starting to creep up. I loved the car though... and the sound!!!!!!!!! :D :drool: B) I suppose once I test drove a new Focus ST my heart was won over by it, so I have plans to buy another hot hatch early next year if I finish the AE86 in time!!!

Well as long as he looks after her or he'll have the rolla squad round to punish him. Man it was gorgeous, really was the dogs doo daas. You wanna post some pics up mate so we can have small shrine for her. :lol:

Oh I'll second that - pics please ... especially of a red rolla.

Will post some pics I snapped the other day of mine at some point, in it's stock state before my dastardly plans begin :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just to get back on topic :P

I don't see the Compressor listed in the Typhoon ads. Is it the same part number as the normal T-Sport?

On another note, if I removed the plastic restrictive pipe as mentioned earlier and fitted a K&N panel filter do you think I would get similar results ;)

On another note, if I removed the plastic restrictive pipe as mentioned earlier and fitted a K&N panel filter do you think I would get similar results ;)

Why not just try removing the pipe before doing anything else, after all, it's free and takes around 20 mins ;)

Ive not long fitted my blitz sus so i am still getting use the sounds it makes at various ranges.

just been down the motorway and on the way home had some ****** in his vauxhall tailgating me, so me dropped 2 gears hit the lift and floored it,

my question is should it make that kind of grunt at high rev range? not heard it before worried me abit.

anyone know what it should sound like????

these manufacturers should supply a CD with the sound on it so you know its right.

I think the original long snorkel pipe is to act as a silencer.

By removing it, the intake opening is on top of the engine so you will get to hear the induction roar that is always actually there.

• 2 weeks later...

I took a look today with the view to removing the snorkel pipe.

BUT I was disconnecting the pipes to remove the airbox when I noticed that there did not seem to be a pipe connected to the assembly behind it.

This assembly seems to control a flap to allow warm air into the airbox.

Without this vacuum pipe(?) connected the flap is always open, so allowing warm air into the airbox all the time.

Can another Compressor owner check to see if theirs has one on please.

I wonder if it was left off to allow more air for the supercharger or whether mine is simply missing.

Needless to say I put everything back in its place in case it means a visit to the dealer :rolleyes:

I took a look today with the view to removing the snorkel pipe.

BUT I was disconnecting the pipes to remove the airbox when I noticed that there did not seem to be a pipe connected to the assembly behind it.

This assembly seems to control a flap to allow warm air into the airbox.

Without this vacuum pipe(?) connected the flap is always open, so allowing warm air into the airbox all the time.

Can another Compressor owner check to see if theirs has one on please.

I wonder if it was left off to allow more air for the supercharger or whether mine is simply missing.

Needless to say I put everything back in its place in case it means a visit to the dealer :rolleyes:

hi chrisio my compressor doesn,t have any pipes to it either like you say i thought it was to allow more air to the supercharger.saying that ive taken the whole air box of now and fitted a typhoon induction kit . :thumbsup:

InterestinglyI went to Toyota today to ask about the pipe.

They has a 55 reg there and another 06.

The 55 has the pipe connected and the 06 did not just like mine. It seems the pipe is connected to the actual airbox on the later model.

The Toyota tech guy said he had learned something this morning :rolleyes:

It looks like it is to move more air into the engine.

I have now bought a panel filter off a member here and it is fine, making the car a bit more perky. One thing I have noticed though is that my mass-air unit is moulded into the airbox so how do you get on if you discard the airbox?

Now I have cleared the pipe query with Toyota I will now remove the snorkel B)

InterestinglyI went to Toyota today to ask about the pipe.

They has a 55 reg there and another 06.

The 55 has the pipe connected and the 06 did not just like mine. It seems the pipe is connected to the actual airbox on the later model.

The Toyota tech guy said he had learned something this morning :rolleyes:

It looks like it is to move more air into the engine.

I have now bought a panel filter off a member here and it is fine, making the car a bit more perky. One thing I have noticed though is that my mass-air unit is moulded into the airbox so how do you get on if you discard the airbox?

Now I have cleared the pipe query with Toyota I will now remove the snorkel B)

on my compressor the mass air flow meter is attached by two small screws :thumbsup:

on my compressor the mass air flow meter is attached by two small screws :thumbsup:

Ok, so you remove the sampling pipe and electronics and refit them to a new housing?

That makes sense :rolleyes:

I just took the snorkel out but instead of loosening the airbox I simply took the Battery out, pulled the pipe away and refitted the Battery.

10 minutes tops :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links