Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kickdown Cable

bobnick

:help: can any one help i have a 92 previa auto my kickdown cable has snapped does anyone know please how to get cable out at bottom of the box,it doesnt tell how in the haynes manual, was kinda hoping someone may have changed thiers on here thanks for any help,bob

:help: can any one help i have a 92 previa auto my kickdown cable has snapped does anyone know please how to get cable out at bottom of the box,it doesnt tell how in the haynes manual, was kinda hoping someone may have changed thiers on here thanks for any help,bob

Hey Bob,

You need to take out the oil from the automatic gear box, and take off the bottom. The cable is inside the gearbox, and need to be taken appart (it's the lower cover, under the gearbox).

It's not a hard job, but you have to refill new oil to the gear box... DO NOT drive with out this cable, it's not just a kick down cable.. It's the cable that controls the gear box, when to change gear up/down... It will kill your converter, and after that the gearbox...

Sorry for the bad english, hope you understand my simple guide..

You are welcome to ask more question :-)

- Allan Lohse

DO NOT drive with out this cable, it's not just a kick down cable.. It's the cable that controls the gear box, when to change gear up/down... It will kill your converter, and after that the gearbox...

Bob

Looks like you may have found the cause for the burning smell and poor gearbox performance... Sorry I didn't mention the TV cable earlier mate..!

The change of fluid will do it good (especially if it's been overheating)...

You'll need 5 litres of ATF (Dexron II spec - it takes 5.6 litres in a dry fill, but you won't be draining the convertor so 5 litres will do you) and the Auto box oil pan gasket (don't EVER use instant gasket on an Auto box.... :eek: EVER...!) The gasket part No is 35168-22011 - Gasket, ATM Sump.

Be sure to check the threads on the sump drain bolt... I had to fit a new bolt too... :crybaby:

Catchyerlater

Jeff

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links