Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ultimate Fuel Diesel /bp/

iLLestJT

who uses the ultimate diesel fuel by BP?

any difference?

yah in the price..lol :lol:

what gooner said! AND ITS TRUE.

Shell, BP, Morrisons, safeway etc all fill up from the same tank, just the additives are different.

Shell, BP, Morrisons, safeway etc all fill up from the same tank, just the additives are different.

Which counts ....... I get a better MPG figure using ASDA's diesel to Tesco's diesel :yes:

That all I have tried so far - and I havent filled up one day with ASDA's diesel and Tesco's the next before somebody says so.

I might give BP's ago after a few more tanks of ASDA's

Which counts ....... I get a better MPG figure using ASDA's diesel to Tesco's diesel :yes:

That all I have tried so far - and I havent filled up one day with ASDA's diesel and Tesco's the next before somebody says so.

I might give BP's ago after a few more tanks of ASDA's

Unfortunately tecos and asdas dont add additives to their fuel. Supermarket fuel relys on refinery additives, its only the likes of Shell ect who insist on their additives being put into the Wagons when loaded and it is only a small ammount.

Not additives for performance but for cleaning as it's written all over the pumps.

Although every fueling station would be different due to the way that the fuel is stored etc.

I'm sure that if you took two samples of fuel from both they would be different one being better than the other.

But for a fact I know that I get better fuel economy using ASDA's diesel to Tesco's diesel ..... but that's in my area and not scientifically proven ;)

I guess you just have to try it out what is best in your area.

Not additives for performance but for cleaning as it's written all over the pumps.

Although every fueling station would be different due to the way that the fuel is stored etc.

I'm sure that if you took two samples of fuel from both they would be different one being better than the other.

LOL

I know at our refinery we blend diesel to UK spec now under 10ppm sulphur and transfer to a fuel depot owned by our company from here all the wagons come in and fill up . ALL supermarket fills DONT add anything so if you took a sample they would be the same. We put additives in to meet UK spec. So the supermarkets have the same additives in. The other contracts we run for Shell Total BP ect they have their additives added as the wagons fill.

Im fairly sure that all supermarkts will have similar contract around the country with depots

Gasoline is the same we blend to a uk spec and the different compnys have their on additives in the fill except supermarkets who dont.

Even Shell optimax is same its a standard super with shells additives in.

But if it works for you then whats it matter whats in it.

what gooner said is 100% true. 95RON and 98/99RON all come out of the same pot, its just super unleaded has additives added at the loading station to increase the octane number.

as far as diesel goes, its all made to the same cetane number, I doubt very much that the additives that BP/shell use would actually do much as diesel is a good lubricant anyway.

I *think* the difference you get in economy is probably from the filler at the local station, one of the fillers "clicks" after the other one. Obviously i could be wrong but its possible.

my 2p worth.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links