Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Space Cruiser Repair Manuals

countrydudeuk

Hi everyone. I have recently acquired a 1989 (F reg) Space Cruiser, that is being worked on for its MOT etc before I can get it on the road. Having an ever expanding family (the kids boyfriends, friends, family etc etc) it is the only thing I can afford that's bigger than a car, albeit old. It is in lovely condition inside and I'm over the moon at the amount of space and the seat configuration (8 seater). The bodywork's pretty good too, just a bit of welding along the sills and some tiny rust spots around a couple of the windows. I've fallen in love with it and can't wait to get her on the road.

Anyway, my question is, apart from the Chiltons Manual (C68352) for the USA and Canada models of the Cressida and Van (which I assume is the USA equiv of the Space Cruiser) does anyone know if there is anything along the lines of a workshop manual available for the UK version? I've contacted Haynes and they haven't published one. in fact, it was them who steered me towards the Chilton manual, so long as my engine has a 3Y code (whatever that means!). All I know is that it is a 2.0L engine!

I'm amazed that Haynes didn't do one. The Space Cruiser seemed to receive mixed reviews in it's short, seven year history and I know you don't see many of them on the road nowadays, which is kinda worrying in a way (look how many old VW camper vans are still on the road!).

I really could do with a manual that covers the UK version.

Marty

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone. I have recently acquired a 1989 (F reg) Space Cruiser, that is being worked on for its MOT etc before I can get it on the road. Having an ever expanding family (the kids boyfriends, friends, family etc etc) it is the only thing I can afford that's bigger than a car, albeit old. It is in lovely condition inside and I'm over the moon at the amount of space and the seat configuration (8 seater). The bodywork's pretty good too, just a bit of welding along the sills and some tiny rust spots around a couple of the windows. I've fallen in love with it and can't wait to get her on the road.

Anyway, my question is, apart from the Chiltons Manual (C68352) for the USA and Canada models of the Cressida and Van (which I assume is the USA equiv of the Space Cruiser) does anyone know if there is anything along the lines of a workshop manual available for the UK version? I've contacted Haynes and they haven't published one. in fact, it was them who steered me towards the Chilton manual, so long as my engine has a 3Y code (whatever that means!). All I know is that it is a 2.0L engine!

I'm amazed that Haynes didn't do one. The Space Cruiser seemed to receive mixed reviews in it's short, seven year history and I know you don't see many of them on the road nowadays, which is kinda worrying in a way (look how many old VW camper vans are still on the road!).

I really could do with a manual that covers the UK version.

Marty

sorry i cant help u but if u do find a manual could u please let me no so i can get 1 iv been looking ever where even on the internet as i have two space cruisers 1989 that i like to work on myself when & if i can.. thanks from andyjo

• 1 month later...

Hello

I have copies of these - they arre available for sale on eBay ori can give you a copy on disc - no charge.

just need an address - am new to all this forum stuff - can we email off forum ???

thepinkpigster

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

I have copies of these - they arre available for sale on ebay ori can give you a copy on disc - no charge.

just need an address - am new to all this forum stuff - can we email off forum ???

thepinkpigster

hello there, i just bought an '88 cruiser and am hunting for a car manual as well. A light has come up on my dash and i don't know what it means. it's orange and lies between the right indicator light and the oil light. i thought it kind of looked like a picture of the tailgate being left open but the tailgate is closed. any help appreciated, cheers,

dan

• 3 months later...

Hi one and all.

I have recently purchased a 1988/89 E reg Space cruiser and I also am desperately trying to locate a manual for it.

The dash board lights have stopped functioning and although I have taken the dash apart and checked the four bulbs for it this hasn't rectified the problem.

If anyone has a manual they can send me I would much appreciate it.

Fingers crossed.

Kay aka Goddess of Innocence :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
Hi one and all.

I have recently purchased a 1988/89 E reg Space cruiser and I also am desperately trying to locate a manual for it.

The dash board lights have stopped functioning and although I have taken the dash apart and checked the four bulbs for it this hasn't rectified the problem.

If anyone has a manual they can send me I would much appreciate it.

Fingers crossed.

Kay aka Goddess of Innocence :rolleyes:

hi this sharky 2420(ian) have you got a panel light dimmer switch next to your steering coloum it might be that not workin i discoected mine and got no dash lights worth a look,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links