Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't See Forum Content (w/o Scrolling)

uumode

On the web's favourite screen resolution 1024 x768

I can't see the forum board content, the header area is too deep, infact it's more or less 768 deep!

i.e. the top logo, navigation links, Google Adsense and the flash banner with the borders and frames fills out my screen... I need to do copious amounts of scrolling to see the first post when jumping about the forum.

Might be better to move the ads as a tower to the right or left of the screen to free up some space, and narrow down elements such as space and frames so it's all nice and compact up there like a Toyota Aygo.

Additionally, I can't see to find a easy method of tracking my posts, there is no list to show my postings, or bookmark topics as with most other boards, or a subscription listing that actively shows when new posts have occured in topics I have posted to. These functions would only serve to increase the activity on the board. A lot of the time I post can can't find the original thread again. There is an email notification, which is a more clumsy mechanism, as there might be a lot of emails generated.

But otherwise you seem to be the 'premier' Toyota forum... just capitalise on it :thumbsup:

My resolution is set at 1024x768 and I can see the boards fine. try going into "my controls" at the top of the page, then go into "board settings" and see if there is anything in there that might help you sort it out... or could it be the size of font you have your computer set to use?

As for not being able to track your posts... click on your own nickname and view your own profile.. in there click on profile options.. here you can view your own posts and topics.

As for bookmarking topics... i use Firefox and have the site "live bookmarked" all new posts and topics go in this list on my bookmarks toolbar folder... lastly.. next to each topic there is what looks like a little briefcase.. the colour of it goes BOLD when a new post is added to a topic.. also it goes from blue to red when it reaches a certyain amount of replies (when red it still gets bolder when it gets a new reply)

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread - but I have to agree :thumbsup: !

Lots of space wasted at the top - about half a page (on a 17" monitor).

And then there's the stickys :rolleyes: !

It's something to think about/needs sorting please :yes: !

Sorry to drag up an old thread - but I have to agree :thumbsup: !

Lots of space wasted at the top - about half a page (on a 17" monitor).

And then there's the stickys :rolleyes: !

It's something to think about/needs sorting please :yes: !

This is what I mean

toyotaforum.gif

As for not being able to track your posts... click on your own nickname and view your own profile.. in there click on profile options.. here you can view your own posts and topics.

That sort of helps a little, i.e. I can find my own posts (but can't ascertain if somebody has replied to it easily)

what I was really after was a method of tracking.

In other forums you can come back to your control panel and see which threads that you have posted to have received a reply.

If you post a new thread or add reply, you are given an option near the bottom marked "Enable email notification of replies?", click that and you'll get emails when someone replies :thumbsup:

Why dont you change your resolution then (if you can?)

Mine is 1280x1024 and I can see everything.... 1024x768 might be the webs favourite, but if you can change it, change it! :thumbsup:

Jeeeeeeeeeeeesus....... where is the clostest optician? 1280x1024??? my eye sight aint as good as it should be. :lol:

(and i know i can change the font sizes etc)

Why dont you change your resolution then (if you can?)

Mine is 1280x1024 and I can see everything.... 1024x768 might be the webs favourite, but if you can change it, change it! :thumbsup:

Off topic, you've nearly 11,000 posts... I ... I.... don't believe it, if you were a car you'd be cracking 250k :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links