Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pipercross Air Filter Induction Kit

Yaris SR Kid

I picked up one of these for less than a tenner thats only reason i went for it! as i no it aint the best!

Do i have to take out panel filter in original air box? before removing plastic pipe and putting it on end?!

Cheers!

£10 and it's going to bugger up your maf sensor

is there 2 filters with them, i'm sure I saw a pic on the net the other week and it had 2 filters on replacing the panel filter and the other on the end.

Anyway take out your paper filter from the box and then take off the plastic pipe, then put the filter on the end.

Probably sound better but your better off with a panel filter than the pipercross, as removing the plastic pipe you will be letting in hot air, whereas the plastic pipe sucks cold air in from the headlight.

50/50 agree with the above.

Had mine on for several months, and the MAF sensor was fine.

Just remember to clean it up every so often, but in the time I had it, I never did, and it was fine.

Should have a gauze to replace the panel filter in the airbox.

Only problem here, is that the standard paper filter is "shaped" to fit the airbox, whereas the gauze isn't - you'll see what I mean when you come to fit it!

It's rectangular, so fits the airbox, but where the rubber edging goes, you'll need to take 2 chucks out of it, as there are couple of small lips on the standard airbox.

Don't know if this was a P2 thing, but it was on mine...

Hot air: That's probably the only downside. The filter literally sits off the airbox, so is nowhere near a realistic cold air feed.

Simple solution is to get some air feed pipe - halfraud, or somewhere, and direct it from where the old feed goes, to your pipercross filter.

Remember to oil and clean it every so often too, depending on your mileage. ;)

My Jetex panel filter pops straight in. No butchery, not even any swearing (impressive for me).

Works so much better when you've cleaned it too :D

A

Right cheers for advice people! Appreciated big time!

So if i got some air feed pipe and moved filter somewere further away from engine then will be alright piece of kit?!

I got it from a friend who works at a shop and it was "broken" lol

Oh, and didn't think the pipercross fitted on an SR?

It doesn't! :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links