Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Private Plates

sotal

i got pulled for mine and all i did was move the letters and numbers a bit closer together :( thought it was quite funny when the cop didnt know what kinda car it was though...

cop - "what kinda car is it "

moi- "toyota"

cop - "toyota what "

moi- "you dont know , are you a traffic cop? "

cop- "WHAT MODEL IS IT"

moi- "supra"

...he he.....

how to ***** of the police in one step! lmao

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• Roytoner

• Kev Mc

• jay dh

i got pulled for mine and all i did was move the letters and numbers a bit closer together :( thought it was quite funny when the cop didnt know what kinda car it was though...

cop - "what kinda car is it "

moi- "toyota"

cop - "toyota what "

moi- "you dont know , are you a traffic cop? "

cop- "WHAT MODEL IS IT"

moi- "supra"

...he he.....

how to ***** of the police in one step! lmao

:lol: i know clever eh :rolleyes: . i dont have a problem with the police , i've been stopped a few times and tbh its usually my fault and i accept that (seatbelt etc) but that day the dude had an attitude and a half and had 101 questions about the car !

......i have my own plate on my roadster as soon as the 05 plate became dated i put my name on(legally) however one of me mates bought a plate and spaced the letters differently so it looked more like a cherished plate rather than a bog standard plate

Well, I haven't had any problems with mine yet & mine are far from legal as far as the design goes, it's easy to read though so I've been left alone. I know Christine or Paul from here got pulled not so long ago though. At the end of the day you only need 1 policeman in a really bad mood & they'll pull any1 for whatever they can, I haven't encountered any yet though.

The nice Policeman showed me a still picture in his car, with STOP in the bottom corner, said the digits was to close, & give me a fixed penalty fine of £30 while he was writing it out another car flashed up with STOP coming towards us, so she got one too.

The fine I could live with, what hurt the most was when he asked if the TRD Badge on the back meant it was DIESEL.. :censor:

Have you got the plate illegal now or have you got it correct? Did they say what would happen if you got caught again?

No got it replaced with a good one, He was to busy rubbing his hands over the other car to tell me anything else just pay up or see you in court. :!Removed!:

it depends how illegal it is if the police will notice. mine was about as illegal as u can get.

rearend1.jpg

so i had to put it back to

car1.jpg

TBH If no one knows what your plate means its pointless!

All in all I think 'f@gg0t' when I see a private plate! two types of people buy them

1. people with too much money.

or

2. people who want to pretend there something there not.

And for those who do it to hide the age of your car then you should know that there are people like me laughing at you!

Before the onslaught begins this is my opinion and thats all!!

The MR2 above means nothing to anyone but the owner so to me it looks like the guy at Halfords must have been p!ssed from the night before when he made up your plate. Like the car tho!

Jay - That plate says 'Chav' to me!

All in all I think 'f@gg0t' when I see a private plate! two types of people buy them

or

And for those who do it to hide the age of your car then you should know that there are people like me laughing at you!

Goodness! You are "special", aren't you <_<

I have a "private" plate, but its very low rent and was given to me as a present. To start with I was embarassed, but actually now I quite like it.

Jay, you really deserved to be pulled for that one - I think that only having a dodgy font could have made that any worse! :lol:

What I do dislike though are people who insist on "spelling out" their plates in the text bit at the bottom. You see tham at traffic lights - JS05 ADS then in small letters "John Smith And Doreen Smith" - oh ffs people! Be happy that you find the significance!

:thumbsup:

A

or

The MR2 above means nothing to anyone but the owner so to me it looks like the guy at halfords must have been p!ssed from the night before when he made up your plate. Like the car tho!

And there my friends speaks the voice of wisdom :thumbsup:

or

The MR2 above means nothing to anyone but the owner so to me it looks like the guy at halfords must have been p!ssed from the night before when he made up your plate. Like the car tho!

Our private plate as a meaning to us I don't give a :censor: what people like you make of it :thumbsup:

I am not trying to pretend I am something I am not !

or

Goodness! You are "special", aren't you <_<

I have a "private" plate, but its very low rent and was given to me as a present. To start with I was embarassed, but actually now I quite like it.

Jay, you really deserved to be pulled for that one - I think that only having a dodgy font could have made that any worse! :lol:

What I do dislike though are people who insist on "spelling out" their plates in the text bit at the bottom. You see tham at traffic lights - JS05 ADS then in small letters "John Smith And Doreen Smith" - oh ffs people! Be happy that you find the significance!

:thumbsup:

A

I agree with you point about the text at the bottom, as you could have saved yourself the money and just had the text.

Private plates that refer to the car are more tolerable. C20 LET is the best plate I have seen!!! Subtle (I bet you guys have no idea) but for true enthusiast's it would be appreciated.

Our private plate as a meaning to us I don't give a :censor: what people like you make of it :thumbsup:

I am not trying to pretend I am something I am not !

You obviously do!

Because if you did'nt you would have said 'fair enough mate thats your opinion, but I dont agree for the following reason/s''

Because if you did'nt you would have said 'fair enough mate thats your opinion, but I dont agree for the following reason/s''

Like you I am just sounding my opinion :yes:

So what does this plate stand for? Curious thats all!

First date?

Wedding date?

Pet Name?

Parents initials?

or the Kids names!!

So what does this plate stand for? Curious thats all!

First date?

Wedding date?

Pet Name?

Parents initials?

or the Kids names!!

The date my dad passed away..

HAPPY NOW??

not!! :P

nothing to do with you..

not answering here again. B)

You think thats funny!?!?!? Sad little man!

Live in Manchester Can show you how sad I am if you want.

Everybody has their own opinion which I respect but provocation and confrontation is something that escalates into bad feelings all round, so could we keep it a little lower key please :thumbsup:

I was not the one who joked that his parents had died and then threatened someone!

As stated previously, I am expressing an opinion not starting an argument!

I was not the one who joked that his parents had died and then threatened someone!

As stated previously, I am expressing an opinion not starting an argument!

No problem. ;)

My own personal opinion is that private plates on a car are like any other modification we fit that makes it our own little piece of individuality, the same as fitting OTT exhausts :rolleyes: or different wheels as some people do.

We recently bought a private plate for my wife’s car and it was less than 25% of the price that the wheels cost, I’m sure you know that a set of alloys can cost a fair bit of brass :yes:

so u think i bought the plate only so that others could look at it and enjoy it? i wouldnt spend £5 on something for myself if i didnt want it or enjoy it.

I don't care what any1 says, some private plates rule, here's a prime example:

WH05HAT.gif

I've got a private plate & I love it, it ends with EFC, the initials of Everton Football Club & it's also a B reg, which means that chances are it's older than me & who doesn't like a bit of retro? Another good thing about it was the price, my dad bought it, put it on his old car then bought another & instead of transferring the plate onto his new 1, he let me have it for just the transfer fee.

my plate was illegal on the yaris for 3 months..... it wasnt there!

then i fit a diddy one just so i 'had one'..... got pulled 3 days later!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links