Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Starlet Hitting The Bump Stops

Resistance

Hi, I recently changed my original springs for some lowering springs, my car doesn't bounce allot on the road but sometimes on big bumps it hits the bumpstops at the back of my car. The front once seems to be fine.

I've posted a picture of the back spring and suspencion before I changed it to give you an idea what I meen.

shocks011.jpg

I would be verry glad if any of you guys have a solucion or any ideas to this problem....thanks in advance. :)

Hi, I recently changed my original springs for some lowering springs, my car doesn't bounce allot on the road but sometimes on big bumps it hits the bumpstops at the back of my car. The front once seems to be fine.

I've posted a picture of the back spring and suspencion before I changed it to give you an idea what I meen.

shocks011.jpg

I would be verry glad if any of you guys have a solucion or any ideas to this problem....thanks in advance. :)

by the look of your picture the bump stop is missing it should have a gaitor attached to it to stop dirt getting onto to the chrome center rod usually the gaitors need renewing cause usually split so quite often people throw them away but the bumpstop is attached to it hope that helps :thumbsup:

That and the fact that you lowered the car using standard shock absorbers, you have limited the shock travel by quite a margin - i.e. the shock absorber arm can now move in a much more limited range before hitting the bump stops, so it is much easier to hit them (because the lowering springs' spring rate is not increased enough to prevent that).

A solution would be to get a shorter bodied uprated shock absorber, which would restore said shock travel, and reduce the hitting of the bump stops

by the look of your picture the bump stop is missing it should have a gaitor attached to it to stop dirt getting onto to the chrome center rod usually the gaitors need renewing cause usually split so quite often people throw them away but the bumpstop is attached to it hope that helps :thumbsup:

Thanks for the quick reply,

215 compressor, do you meen it is missing a rubber booth like? What do you meen with a "gator"? :)

215 compressor, do you meen it is missing a rubber booth like? What do you meen with a "gator"? :)

if you go on e bay and enter [ TOYOTA ESTIMA EMINA & LUCIDA FRONTSHOCK BUMP STOP ]you will see this is the same as what should be between the area you have arrowed it stops the metal to metal contact :yes:

if you go on e bay and enter [ TOYOTA ESTIMA EMINA & LUCIDA FRONTSHOCK BUMP STOP ]you will see this is the same as what should be between the area you have arrowed it stops the metal to metal contact :yes:

Thanks allot for you help hope this info will work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links