Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi, Newbie From The Us, Diesel ?

larryalf

Hi all,

Newbie from the US here.

I purchased a 2004 VW Jetta TDI (diesel with auto trans) a couple of years ago when my commute took me about 120 miles round trip. The Jetta gets about 45 miles per US gallon (roughly 54 miles per English gallon) on the highway. This is my first VW and I have to say I do enjoy the car and I really enjoy driving the diesel and the great fuel economy that it provides. One thing I have noticed though is the quality of the VW is not quite as good as Toyotas. I currently own an Avalon and a Solara convertible and have previously owned a Celica and a Camry.

This all me got to wondering if Toyota makes any diesel powered vehicles and my searches led me to the Toyota UK site and this site as well. I was amazed at the array of vehicles that are available with diesel engines that Toyota offers in the UK/Europe. Currently, none are available here in the US.

Which brings me to why I’m here, Yeah, probably thought I’d never get there huh. I looked at the spec sheets of the Aygo, Yaris, and Avensis and checked out their mpg’s. Here in the US, all cars are sold showing city and highway mpg figures and I saw on the spec sheets of the above vehicles only a combined mpg figure is shown. I was just wondering if you guys could post some real world mileage figures (city, highway, and combined) for these cars (diesel only, please)? It doesn’t matter if it’s mpg’s or kpg’s, I’ll do the necessary conversions. Please also note if it is an auto or manual trans.

Also, one other thing. That Aygo is one neat looking little car. I was just wondering if one of you kind people over there in the UK could box one of them up and drop it into the post box for me. :D I want one.

Thanks,

Hi there!

I know quite a few folk from TDi Club and some of the other US diesel forums as well as www.echofans.org and I know there is quite a demand building for decent diesels in North America.

We're lucky over here as we have diesel versions of the Yaris, Corolla (different Corolla mind), Avensis (smaller than a Camry, its what the Scion tC coupé is based on), the RAV-4 and Land Cruisers (which I believe are sold as Lexi with V8s on your side of the Pond) so we are a bit spoilt for choice :D

If you have any quiestions them please fire away..

:thumbsup:

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links