Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Happning On Here?

clarky

There are still 13 moderaters on this forum... how many does TOC need??

Those moderaters that have stepped down have their own reasons for doing so. I can't see it how this is causing TOC too go down hill... unless I'm missing something :unsure:

couldn't have said it better myself

jerry!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• clarky

• dawesy

• GIDDLEPIN

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain actions have been taken against members of Toyota Owners Club, these were done by individual PM’s, entirely in confidence.

If any member felt the need to divulge this information on another forum, this is entirely up to the individual concerned.

Can I say however that any decision made by me in private, that has then been made public, would only be circulated for the use of negative and destructive comments by its members in my opinion?

This ongoing spiral of mistrust and backbiting is what is killing Toc. Not the fact that a swear filter is in place or who spends what on where and how etc.

Les

I made no comment about swear filters or anything similar - I asked what was going on.

Im not starting any mistrust or backbiting - I just asked what was going on - whys that such a bad thing?

Clarky, I'm sure you know what Les means from reading posts on the other forum as a registered member.

Things have been said in private between Les and certain individuals which have been mentioned over there.

If you have a specific question then ask it rather than tryin to stir things up!

Toc has got a lot whinier lately. This thread backs me up quite well.

If you've nothing better to do then that's a bit sad, don't you think?

I made no comment about swear filters or anything similar - I asked what was going on.

Im not starting any mistrust or backbiting - I just asked what was going on - whys that such a bad thing?

No specific members or their posts are mentioned regarding this situation, I am just replying in what I hope is an open and honest way.

All I want is for people to give the club a chance to recover, I know I will give it the best I can

If Les feels a change of staffing is in order and he has PM'd the persons involved to make them aware.... then I dont see what all the hoo-harr is about?

Its a private matter between Les & the mods surely? :yes: Who cares who moderates the place so long as they do a good job? :lol:

As an general statement, questioning decisions involves far more "caring" than just ignoring the situation and going "oh well".

If people didn't give a toss then I would be far more worried.

It is also good to ask questions in public. The chances are that if you are questioning something then there will be someone else questioning it too who may not have the nerve to stand up and ask out loud.

Not that anyone really gives a flying ubik about my opinion...*

A

Roy, nowhere is going to die....

Alan, everyones opinions are appreciated, it is just that some are stated more than clearly elsewhere as I know you are aware which is why this post is here for all to see...

All answers are being posted for all to see!

As an general statement, questioning decisions involves far more "caring" than just ignoring the situation and going "oh well".

If people didn't give a toss then I would be far more worried.

It is also good to ask questions in public. The chances are that if you are questioning something then there will be someone else questioning it too who may not have the nerve to stand up and ask out loud.

Not that anyone really gives a flying ubik about my opinion...*

A

I am really trying to show that I do care about the club Alan and opinions either for or against, constructive or destructive will be given the opportunity to be aired without prejudice as long as I manage the club.

Les

I could have been a lot more direct ... but if thats the way you guys want to play it thats fine by me - good to know where I stand. Goodnight and god bless.

Hmmmm well I've kept well out of this but I just want to say that Les does really care about the club and he is going to do his very best to keep it together. I just hope we have enough loyal members to see it through this bad patch. Here's to a very happy future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hmmmm well I've kept well out of this but I just want to say that Les does really care about the club and he is going to do his very best to keep it together. I just hope we have enough loyal members to see it through this bad patch. Here's to a very happy future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Theres alot of us that do still care about the club Anne,

and we'll try are hardest to get the club back to how it was :group-cuddles:

I am really trying to show that I do care about the club Alan and opinions either for or against, constructive or destructive will be given the opportunity to be aired without prejudice as long as I manage the club.

Les

I nknow, I never said you didn't :thumbsup:

What Les is say as a member on here if you want the site to survive we have all got to make an effort and make the club a special place again. somewhere cool to hang out and spend a few hours online chatting to fellow members and not just jump down each other throats.

Instead we slate members and newbies?? And if you ain't got the same mod we curse you and say it's crap?? If i was new i wouldn't come back on here again.

So peeps lets put the past behind us and try to get along and let's enjoy the site again :thumbsup:

After all we all share the same interest we all like cars :thumbsup:

jerry!!

I could have been a lot more direct ... but if thats the way you guys want to play it thats fine by me - good to know where I stand. Goodnight and god bless.

clarky

I keep going on about being honest and direct and always like to be up front, so can I just say

STOP BEING A DRAMA QUEEN!

I don't want you to leave and have no issues with you whatsoever :thumbsup:

This site is a valuable resource. It is a heck of a lot bigger than any individuals.

As Kimi said there are lot's of members who care about the future of TOC and will support and help the management and mods as best as they can.

The site is going through a transitional period and that will always be difficult, you cannot please everybody all of the time but you can certainly try and keep the majority happy with their support :yes:

What Les is say as a member on here if you want the site to survive we have all got to make an effort and make the club a special place again. somewhere cool to hang out and spend a few hours online chatting to fellow members and not just jump down each other throats.

Instead we slate members and newbies?? And if you ain't got the same mod we curse you and say it's crap?? If i was new i wouldn't come back on here again.

So peeps lets put the past behind us and try to get along and let's enjoy the site again :thumbsup:

jerry!!

You know what, your damn right, im a newbie here and still on 2 minds weather or not to go gold, my missus is a model and spends alot of time on a modeling site called net model, honestly guys you wana see bitching, can you imagine what its like on there !!! but this site as far as what i can see is almost as bad, i know im gona make enamies here for saying this and i realy dont want to but cumon, we are suposed to be grown up, who cares who moderates so long as its done fairly and well ??? Iv learned alot from this site about my car and find it very usefull so cant we all just play nice ?? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MODERATORS.

Well in my opinion, after what has occured over the last couple of weeks, I'm suprised this hadn't happened sooner..... *shrugs*

But the point remains, some of the issues we have had with the site is little/no communication from the management. This whole situation could have been easily resolved with a formal message informing members that the moderating team was being reshuffled and certain members had stepped down from their role.

I've said for a long while that you do not need loads of moderators for any site inc one of this size. Hopefully this may pull the remaining moderator team together to provide the site with what it needs :thumbsup:

i agree with you scoobykilla. how ever certain supamods decided to rule with an iron rod and take matters into there own hands.

TOC has been a home to me for the last 3 or 4 years, and i have to say that its the over moderation that kills it. what is the average age of TOC mbrs? i would guess at 25-35, now most ppl of that age are not old fuddy duddys.

Please take a look at other car ites and take a leaf from their book. www.twincam.org is a good example. this is a busy site with a lot of mbrs, have a look and see how they moderate.

i have herd ppl say they have looked at the site and got the impression of a load of old anoraks having nice picnics in the park, more like the toyotaenthusiasts club. this means that a lot of valuable info and advice is going to be skipped over.

im sure the moderators that are left will do their best to keep the club thriving.

oh and les where the clubs funds are spent IS an important issue. everyone has a right, and should be told about the clubs finances. if steve wants this as a PRIVATELY OWNED club then he cant ask anyone to pay to be a member. if he is taking money from ppl then it must be declared, and its not just gold member fees, how much is a traders account?? yes there are servers to pay for and flyers etc but what do we get? most other clubs im a PAYING mbr of send out a small gift at christmas, a mug, calander and the like. in all my time on toc i cant think of one gift sent out.

and to say that there are the benifits of discounts is a joke. i can get the same items cheaper elsewhere than i can using the discount card.

and as for the 'community', if i cant post up my PERSONAL feelings without some mods reaching for the edit button then its a sad place

dawesy out

Where to begin...

I am saddened to hear that some good decent moderators have been given the elbow due to what I class as an obscenely stupid reason.

TOC needs good moderators, now more than ever and to get rid of them on what appears to be a whim? not good IMHO.

I believe (and could be wrong) that it is due to their involvement in a 'conflicting forum' (stupid reason IMO)...

Does this mean that because I am a Regional Rep for the North West on MR2OC (another toyota forum... possible confliction...) or because I am Admin on Girl-Torque (another car forum... possible confliction).. That I cannot hold a position here on TOC?

How Ridiculous!

I know people who are loyal members of many forums, and it is down to the PERSON not a GENERALISTIC attitude as to whether they can cope with responsibilities in both places?

I loved this forum, I made many friends here, but now the petty attitude which springs forth from the top... and by my opinion RIGHT at the top.. is doing it an injustice, whether it is consciously done or not.

I feel for Les, for at this moment in time, all I can see is him being used as a human shield... he takes all the flak yet ultimately was it -actually- his decision?

I personally hold nothing against Les, he is a good man and is trying to do what is best for this club, a club we all used to love, which at this moment in time is (IMO) very difficult to see due to conflicting ideas from in front of and behind the forum scenes.

I guess to sum up, I think this is getting beyond a joke, with those who have issue with decisions on here sparking up negative vibes... and those supporting the decisions beating them back...

EVERYONE is entitled to an opinon... this is mine..

Dont sack off those who would be good for this club.. you (the collective) serve to alienate them, and those around them...

JJ, I believe the problme is nothing to do with the running another club but comments that have been made on another club towards this one.

Certain negative comments have been made about the T's & C's which have always been present on this forum by people who were supposed to be enforcing them which does cause a conflict of interest.

All moderators on this board should be supportive of this boards T's and C's and not openly against them, I would argue that would most defiantely be an open conflict of interests.

Les and management have made decisions and stated what has been done openly on the board which is what people have asked for. It appears that people are asking for one thing and complaining when that is done.

TOC is going through a transitional phase which we have said would happen and people asked to happen, now that it is we are getting complaints about it happening which is a bit daft and petty.

The moderation team are here to help the club grow and ensure it remains a friendly place to be with a small minority throwing their toys out the pram as it is not entirely what they would like to see done! As a collective we can't make everybody happy (although it would be nice) but can do our upmost to cater for the majority and ensure TOC continues to be the friendly place it has been for years...

As you say everybody has the right to an opinion and to post that opinion on the board, it owuld be nice if it could be done in a constructive manner :D

jerry!!

You know what, your damn right, im a newbie here and still on 2 minds weather or not to go gold, my missus is a model and spends alot of time on a modeling site called net model, honestly guys you wana see bitching, can you imagine what its like on there !!! but this site as far as what i can see is almost as bad, i know im gona make enamies here for saying this and i realy dont want to but cumon, we are suposed to be grown up, who cares who moderates so long as its done fairly and well ??? Iv learned alot from this site about my car and find it very usefull so cant we all just play nice ?? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MODERATORS.

:yes: I agree , newbies are treated like s**t on here most of the time and its terrible . One of the in-crowd can post a new topic thats crap and everyone replys to it then a newbies asks a question or post something and it may get one reply . I come on here now for the celica section (good crowd)and occasionally have a sniff about other sections.I wont be paying into toc again as my silver £17 was a total waste as far as i can see. The difference between my silver membership and the non-paying is minimal , i have nothing to show for my money ? I've heard this asked several times but never seen a reply "where does the money go" - running the site ?

Never had a problem with the mods , most seem very good - i thought ... cant remember his name..(had the fear and loathing in las vegas avatar ) was really good , very funny and always good advice . Think he quit or was fired !! :lol: Some seem non-existant in the forums .

!Removed! over , sorry .

It has been stated that the information on funds will be posted but it will take a good while as Steve has a number of things on his plate including ill health and a pregnant wife which I'm sure we wish him all the best with.

The club still has funds available which we can use as we need (stands, awards etc...) The funds question has been bounced around left right and centre but nobody seems to have the patience to wait until the figures are presented...

Any other comments that haven't been posted yet? This thread does seem to be going round in circles and getting a bit repetitive!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links