Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Happning On Here?

clarky

It has been stated that the information on funds will be posted but it will take a good while as Steve has a number of things on his plate including ill health and a pregnant wife which I'm sure we wish him all the best with.

The club still has funds available which we can use as we need (stands, awards etc...) The funds question has been bounced around left right and centre but nobody seems to have the patience to wait until the figures are presented...

Any other comments that haven't been posted yet? This thread does seem to be going round in circles and getting a bit repetitive!

:thumbsup: Cool - never realised figures were going to be presented . I think you'll find a lot of members like me who ask that just dont know much about running websites etc and are interested to know what it entails .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNissanMan

• clarky

• dawesy

• GIDDLEPIN

Top Posters In This Topic

JJ, I believe the problme is nothing to do with the running another club but comments that have been made on another club towards this one.

Fair enough, I do not condone the words/opinions of those 'punished'... yet Im sure you have -never- spoken out of line over anyone or anything? Actions in my opinion speak louder than words.. and moderators such as Chris have time and time again been GOOD for this club. They speak for the masses, yet uphold the law...

Certain negative comments have been made about the T's & C's which have always been present on this forum by people who were supposed to be enforcing them which does cause a conflict of interest.

All moderators on this board should be supportive of this boards T's and C's and not openly against them, I would argue that would most defiantely be an open conflict of interests.

Yes, moderators should indeed support the forums... but this has been a big problem for a while now.. the term 'over moderated' or 'over moderation' has been banded about something rotten, this suggests that there isnt anything wrong with the Ts and Cs per se... but perhaps they are being adhered to a little too vehemently? After all the Ts and Cs havent changed... but TOC has.

Les and management have made decisions and stated what has been done openly on the board which is what people have asked for. It appears that people are asking for one thing and complaining when that is done.

I thought this was done

Certain actions have been taken against members of Toyota Owners Club, these were done by individual PM’s, entirely in confidence.

and not on the board for all those to see... I'm confused.

TOC is going through a transitional phase which we have said would happen and people asked to happen, now that it is we are getting complaints about it happening which is a bit daft and petty.

No, a transitional phase is fine... but kicking out good moderators over stupid remarks on a completely separate site is almost tantamount to club suicide. Ok perhaps a little dramatic there, but good moderators are surely hard to come by... the club has seen enough daft ones to know that.

The moderation team are here to help the club grow and ensure it remains a friendly place to be with a small minority throwing their toys out the pram as it is not entirely what they would like to see done! As a collective we can't make everybody happy (although it would be nice) but can do our upmost to cater for the majority and ensure TOC continues to be the friendly place it has been for years...

A small minority of the massive memberlist that TOC upholds, yes, but what about the active posters? what percentage of those are in this 'small minority'? Am I considered one of those people 'throwing my toys out of the pram'? We cant make everyone happy... perhaps it has gotten to the point where TOC can no longer make everyone happy... and people need to break off and do their own thing....

As I mentioned to a good friend today, on the subject of 'rival forum'...

Personally I think the entire forum is geared that way.. and while it is.. it wont be taken seriously... everyone is calling everyone else a '!Removed!' or 'tard' etc...

playful.. stupid. offensive..

and while it stays that way it will always be regarded as the 'little boys playground' rather than a car site.. which is.. what i thought.. they wanted

they are no rival to TOC as it stands.... tho with a little attention to detail.. they could be

My words, available to everyone, as I believe them.. I am a member on there, I will also help them if they wish to deliver a good Toyota package.. I will also gladly help here.. I may get a numb bottom from sitting on the proverbial fence.. but this way I can see both sides of the 'playground'.

As you say everybody has the right to an opinion and to post that opinion on the board, it owuld be nice if it could be done in a constructive manner :D

I believe I am constructive... I believe others are too... some with perhaps a more, shall we say, 'vehement' approach.. but there are points that can be taken constructively none the less...

At the end of the day.. if TOC was so perfect... we wouldnt be here... they wouldnt be there... and this debate would be null and void...

The only mods that have been removed from the list have stepped down from their own accord....

Thats not true , they didnt have a choice as far as im aware

And this whole thing is being blown out of proportion

If Les wants to make changes then so be it , as newly appointed admin its his choice

the other site wasnt started in an attempt to rival TOC , it was a place for like minded indivduals to go to talk about cars and get away from the backbiting that has occured over the last couple of months on here, a place to be able to say what you really think and not have to watch your every word.

It doesnt need to turn into a slanging match between the two sites , that was never anybodys intention, i hope TOC does benefit from the changes and i hope everyone can remain friends, after all arnt we all reaching for the same goal? A place to share our common interests and enjoy ourselves?

:thumbsup:

Certain actions have been taken against members of Toyota Owners Club, these were done by individual PM’s, entirely in confidence.

and not on the board for all those to see... I'm confused.

If those involved wish to make their pm's private it is for them to decide, I do not know what has been said to them, nor do I feel the need to do so. The fact that things have happened has been stated in this post openly.

Fair enough, I do not condone the words/opinions of those 'punished'... yet Im sure you have -never- spoken out of line over anyone or anything? Actions in my opinion speak louder than words.. and moderators such as Chris have time and time again been GOOD for this club. They speak for the masses, yet uphold the law...

I'm sure whatever has been said to everyone including Chris have been said in a positive manner (of course am guessing here) and their help to the club is not in question whatsoever, as they are still members of the club I would like to think that their help is still going to continue...

No, a transitional phase is fine... but kicking out good moderators over stupid remarks on a completely separate site is almost tantamount to club suicide. Ok perhaps a little dramatic there, but good moderators are surely hard to come by... the club has seen enough daft ones to know that.

Remarks which obviously go against TOC's T's & C's are hardly stupid ones, as for club suicide I would agree very dramatic :D

Good moderators are hard to come by but it is important that those who do moderate agree with the way the club is run and with it's T's & C's.

My words, available to everyone, as I believe them.. I am a member on there, I will also help them if they wish to deliver a good Toyota package.. I will also gladly help here.. I may get a numb bottom from sitting on the proverbial fence.. but this way I can see both sides of the 'playground'.

Which is always a good place to be, we'll find you a cushion :D :thumbsup:

Remarks which obviously go against TOC's T's & C's are hardly stupid ones, as for club suicide I would agree very dramatic :D

Good moderators are hard to come by but it is important that those who do moderate agree with the way the club is run and with it's T's & C's.

Remarks... made on another site... which iirc... (and ive checked to an extent) dont actually bash the Ts and Cs but more over the way they are carried out... I cant find a particular post which states 'TOC Ts and Cs are a pile of....' but feel free to correct me if im wrong here...

As I stated before.. which seems to have been overlooked... the Ts and Cs havent changed... TOC HAS... so dont keep going on about the fact that people are Ts and Cs bashing... IMO they arent.. they are having a go at how they have been administered and adhered to recently.

I think now I am going to give up on trying to make a fair point... as those who -NEED- to listen, dont.. they just make silly comments, pick out pointless lightheartedness to chew on and generally begin to lose the respect of some... :(

Everything seems to have gone completely pear shaped :unsure::wacko:

Now i stood down of my own accord, but i know that other mods have been made to step down...

...because they have spoken about their feelings towards TOC on the 'other' forum...

granted their words may have been a little harsh but with the state TOC is in they were just saying what everyone is thinking..

Yes, i too am on the 'other' forum. And im not ashamed by that, as i dont see how that has anything to do with being a member on this forum.

I never intended on leaving this forum completely...but if this is the way things are going to be whenever someone speaks their mind somewhere else then im afraid im out of here.... :help:

??

TOC isn't asking anyone to leave and as said earlier appreciate the help and contributions that every single person has added to the club no matter which or how many clubs they are members off.

Apologies, i meant step down as moderators. Dunno why i said leave :rolleyes:

By trying to get one over on the other site (or whatever the admin was trying to do by getting rid of certain Admin) it has in fact probably sealed the fate of TOC. This is getting so silly now! Call me overdramatic for saying it like this but the way the top of TOC has acted was also over reacting! This has been blown way out of proportion! I'd rather stay here for ease but would transfer across to the other site if this keeps on the downward spiral. Until lately i haven't been fussed about how TOC is run etc and thought others were just complaining for the sake of it! Now i'm starting to reason with them! Somebody come clear this up already!

I see this more as an attack on the other site as they would potentially be in competition for new members. However this seems a childish way to act and they have infact done nothing wrong! Anyone is free to start a forum of their own about cars and this just seems an attempt to stop them?! I'm sure someone will tell me its about what they said on another forum about this one but in the same way school can't give me a detention when i dont clean my room, surely you cant/shouldnt remove their power on this forum due to something they did elsewhere?!

I'm sure someone will tell me its about what they said on another forum about this one but in the same way school can't give me a detention when i dont clean my room, surely you cant/shouldnt remove their power on this forum due to something they did elsewhere?!

Here here :thumbsup:

Infact a lot of your post makes sense Woody :P someone buy that man a drink!

Nobody is complaining about anyone setting up another site. Am sure everyone here wishes them all the best, it's hard work and can be fun...

The 'other' Admin was removed for seperate reasons before the other site s (as far as I am aware) was even started which sort of removes that part of a well put post, it's not about one upmanship s both sites will continue to exist and continue to build memberships, am sure we will see a lot of cross posting as we are both Toyota Forums.

As stated before nobody is saying that people can not post on another forum as that would be completely stupid and a waste of time...

Nobody is complaining about anyone setting up another site. Am sure everyone here wishes them all the best, it's hard work and can be fun...

The 'other' Admin was removed for seperate reasons before the other site s (as far as I am aware) was even started which sort of removes that part of a well put post, it's not about one upmanship s both sites will continue to exist and continue to build memberships, am sure we will see a lot of cross posting as we are both Toyota Forums.

As stated before nobody is saying that people can not post on another forum as that would be completely stupid and a waste of time...

The only mods that have been removed from the list have stepped down from their own accord....

Thats not true , they didnt have a choice as far as im aware

And this whole thing is being blown out of proportion

If Les wants to make changes then so be it , as newly appointed admin its his choice

the other site wasnt started in an attempt to rival TOC , it was a place for like minded indivduals to go to talk about cars and get away from the backbiting that has occured over the last couple of months on here, a place to be able to say what you really think and not have to watch your every word.

It doesnt need to turn into a slanging match between the two sites , that was never anybodys intention, i hope TOC does benefit from the changes and i hope everyone can remain friends, after all arnt we all reaching for the same goal? A place to share our common interests and enjoy ourselves?

Thank you for your reply Tegan, for a post that isn’t full of demands requesting the reasons behind MY decision to adjust the moderating team.

I have no intention of making public anything sent by me or to me in private, no matter what the circumstances.

I am also grateful for the professional and civil replies that have been sent by those involved and as with you, will always remain friends.

I know this will seem like another restrictive practice on our part but I will not tolerate any conflict or slanging matches between our sites, as this would not be in anybody’s interest.

Best Regards

Les

Right let me get this pointed straight.

Toyota Sport has not been created in retalitation of TOC, nor has it been setup to overthrow TOC, which if you tot the figures up... is not going to happen. And cut the crap with quoting 'other forum' :rolleyes:

Toyota Sport was created by myself and a few others as we are finaly sick and tired of the melodramatic garbage that has been going off in TOC, and having to come here everyday to see the same arguments about the same problems over and over again.

Ok some of us dont agree no longer with the T&C's and its now for the better that i am no longer in a moderator position, which was admins choice, as i do not feel comfortable upholding them as i dont agree with them!

the proble the club will face soon is alot of people with alot of knowledge are leaving the site, for example bibbs, dosnt post or visit site anymore and he has some makor knowleged and experiance behind him

Right let me get this pointed straight.

Toyota Sport has not been created in retalitation of TOC, nor has it been setup to overthrow TOC, which if you tot the figures up... is not going to happen. And cut the crap with quoting 'other forum' :rolleyes:

Toyota Sport was created by myself and a few others as we are finaly sick and tired of the melodramatic garbage that has been going off in TOC, and having to come here everyday to see the same arguments about the same problems over and over again.

Ok some of us dont agree no longer with the T&C's and its now for the better that i am no longer in a moderator position, which was admins choice, as i do not feel comfortable upholding them as i dont agree with them!

+1 rob my sentiments exactly

I think there is a bigger picture which everybody seems to be ignoring for some reason.

It seems to me that the interest in cars bearing the Toyota Badge is growing. Quite possibly one generic Toyota forum can't keep everybody happy, regardless of the reasons why. I don't see villains on either side.

The fact that there is enough enthusiasm for Jap cars and Toyota in particular to sustain the creation of more forums is a good thing! We already have plenty of single model forums alongside TOC and it hasn't done TOC any harm.

Moderators on TOC have also moderated on other Toyota car forums in the past as I recall and we haven't had any problems.

TOC isn't just suddenly going to whither because yet another jap car forum or three have recently appeared.

People need to just relax a bit and go with it. Things will settle down and in the long run more people will be more satisfied :thumbsup:

Paul.

Just my $0.02 worth...

I hope the moderator that keeps/kept changing my personal settings and not owning up to it is one of the ones that has been:

* Sacked/demoted/retired/pensioned off

(* Delete as applicable)

Gutless whoever you were :ffs:

Good riddance I say, out with the old and in with the new :yes:

well it wasnt me so that one off the list. (id bet they are still on here)

Just my $0.02 worth...

I hope the moderator that keeps/kept changing my personal settings and not owning up to it is one of the ones that has been:

* Sacked/demoted/retired/pensioned off

(* Delete as applicable)

Gutless whoever you were :ffs:

Good riddance I say, out with the old and in with the new :yes:

which one's dont you mean? :lol:

Righto.

8 Pages seems enough for this topic so if anyone has any constructive suggestions for the club then there is a section that they can be posted in or if you wish to speak to a member of management or one of the Mods then you can PM us as you please.

Have a nice day y'all.

Gordy. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links