Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About Sky Broadband

Roytoner

At the mo we are on AOL broadband, but have had this mail from Sky about their broadband

the prices sound to good to be true!

Base (up to 2Mb) with FREE subscription - great for easy browsing, emailing and sharing photos

Mid (up to 8Mb) for only £5 a month - ideal if you wish to do more with broadband, like downloading music or short video clips

Max (up to 16Mb) which gives you unlimited downloading of everything from movies, sports clips and games for the ultimate broadband experience - for only £10 a month including FREE connection.

Anyone esle thought about moving over to them?

Paul.

Unfortunately a long while to go on BT but with those prices will be looking into it when my subscription runs out.

ours run out last year :thumbsup:

phoned aol up for a MAC code and ended up being shouted at by someone called Gary.

one way to keep your customers :eek:

Unfortunately a long while to go on BT but with those prices will be looking into it when my subscription runs out.

ours run out last year :thumbsup:

phoned aol up for a MAC code and ended up being shouted at by someone called Gary.

one way to keep your customers :eek:

Dont say that - I'm phoning them soon myself.... AOL is awful - can't stand it!

Actually, thinking of it, its ok, its my brothers account - he has to phone them.... they can shout at him instead! :lol:

I was wondering if it'd be worth getting Sky here for the broadband... Mum & Dad have a dish (they got rid of Sky several years ago) but if I paid for it and got 2 boxes - only on the smallest package like.... might be worth it?

Just been looking at their FAQs and it states that you need to be a Sky TV customer before you can get Sky broadband.

Still, it is cheap though :thumbsup:

Phoned Sky up to ask afew questions like you do :D

and it doe's sound a good deal, (Didn't get shouted at ether :D )

+ saving over £12 pm.

Looking like the deed will be done!! :thumbsup:

This is a good site to find things about broadband on Lookie

I'm just looking into getting Sky.... you can have up to two choices for £15.... included 2mb broadband with that and thats cheaper than most for just broadband!! :yes:

Just a shame the Sky website appears to be on the blink and I can't choose my equipment.... only an extra £49 for Sky multiroom.... my folks can have a box downstairs as well!

Oooh ands its only £7.50 for the first three months! :thumbsup:

Bargain.... I'm getting Sky Broadband! :yes:

I'm just looking into getting Sky.... you can have up to two choices for £15.... included 2mb broadband with that and thats cheaper than most for just broadband!! :yes:

Just a shame the Sky website appears to be on the blink and I can't choose my equipment.... only an extra £49 for Sky multiroom.... my folks can have a box downstairs as well!

Oooh ands its only £7.50 for the first three months! :thumbsup:

Bargain.... I'm getting Sky Broadband! :yes:

I dare you to phone aol up and get shouted at!! :D

Want Sky HD just waiting for the price of the box to come down :thumbsup: should be about xmas.

(I hope!!)

Well I had HD at my old house (well it was exes HD) and it was pretty amazing stuff - but yeah, £299 is a lot of money to Shell out....

Considering now getting Sky+ as thats what we had before and you can record TV, which is a great feature.... so might get Sky+ box upstairs and folks can have a normal box (they dont watch much telly anyway!) :lol:

And then, when I move, I can take the boxes and the broadband with me to my new gaff! :thumbsup:

Just had a look at this. The prices are cheap but you also have to pay start up fee's! Also the base pack that is free still costs £40 i think it said to start it up and then its got a 2GB limit which, with my household all using it at once, would get hit far too early! So therefore to make it worthwhile i ideally would want the unlimited use but then it starts to be as expensive as most others when you add in the sky package i would need aswell! Looks like they do a standalone package without the need for the subscription to the TV service but this isn't much cheaper than most other providers!

I suppose it depends on your needs for what it's good for but for me personally it's no use :(

And then, when I move, I can take the boxes and the broadband with me to my new gaff! :thumbsup:

:eek: What about your Mum & Dad,

Quote " Here you go Mum & Dad! it's Sky t.v. BUT IT'S MINE ALL MINE!! :nono: ) :P

Well Mum & Dad refuse to pay for it.... I'd give them a box to watch but I know they wouldnt pay to keep it.... they were treated badly by Sky in the past.... I'd offer it to them, if they dont want it I wont get a 2nd box but I'd pay for it for them if they did....

But if I left a box they wouldnt pay for it! :lol::lol: They think its a rip-off.... but I know Dad like the History Channel and Discovery Channel....

I'm a good daughter.... I'd pay for it if they wanted a box, but they are of the Freeview generation (if its not free digital telly, they dont want it!) :lol::lol:

They do have a Freeview box... but no Discovery or History channels :thumbsup:

So it would just be offering them a few extra channels for free..... :yes: And besides, I'd be paying for it, so surely I'm within my rights to take the boxes when I leave! :lol:

I am very tempted!!!

I have been with Pipex for two years, and I think the time has come to change.... I am curretnly at an uncapped 512k and paying 17.99 a month for it!!! Average use is about 10-12g a month (which I was quiote shocked to hear! :blink: )

I called them up to talk about it as my service is really not.. "that competative" and after waiting on hold for 50 minutes.. I got through... I asked them why on their automated line speed tester that one fo the numbers in my housewent up to an estomated 1.5 mb, where the other was only one. and asked about upgrading, as it doesn;t seen fair that I am pating 8mb prices for 512k, regardless as to what my location "limits" me to!

They said I can upgrade to the faster line, but there isa chance that the adsl 2 will actually be slower then 512 where I live, and if it is I am stuck into that contract! so I need to hunt about....

I think Sky is the best offer so far.... (is it only sky customers?) so if anyne has any experiances with them, please share!

AS for sky TV, its an utter rip off!!!! luckily I pay onl a tenner a month for it with the "multiroom" deal, and still feel ripped off at times!

Yeah you have to join Sky to get it free Charlie but the cheapest TV package is £15.00 a month (with a free Sky box, free connection to Sky and half price for 3 months) Sky Broadband 2mb is free with that, but you pay £40 connection (which is nothing really if your getting the whole package for only £14.99 a month including Sky TV! :thumbsup:

I'm seriously tempted, I'd rather pay £15 a month for digital TV plus broadband than pay more for broadband elsewhere (currently paying £15.99 a month with AO-Hell!) :rolleyes:

Yeah you have to join Sky to get it free Charlie but the cheapest TV package is £15.00 a month (with a free Sky box, free connection to Sky and half price for 3 months) Sky Broadband 2mb is free with that, but you pay £40 connection (which is nothing really if your getting the whole package for only £14.99 a month including Sky TV! :thumbsup:

I'm seriously tempted, I'd rather pay £15 a month for digital TV plus broadband than pay more for broadband elsewhere (currently paying £15.99 a month with AO-Hell!) :rolleyes:

Yeah but it has a 2GB cap which im sure most people would go over! Therefore you would immediately want to upgrade to £5 a month atleast! Saying that for £10 a month it's unlimited at up to 16MB connection speed making it £25 overall a month without a connection charge! Thats pretty cheap for unlimited 16MB connection anyway then you also get TV without any compromises on the broadband side :D

Thats the problem, I do have sky, but they are a PITA.

they went mental at our "multi room" as my room is ona differnt phone line to the rest of the house, they insisted both boxes were plugged into the same phoneline, even though i was never mentioned in the contract!

I'll bet they try and pull the same stunt with the internet...

The thing is, I can only get 512k broadband on this line anyway.... although an extra £5 a month can't be sniffed at... I'd just be miffed that I'd be paying for 8mb broadband and I can only use 512k of that 8mb.... :rolleyes:

Anyone esle thought about moving over to them?

Was going to switch over however it would mean switching the phoneline to BT which is crackly as hell round here - plus I managed to haggle ntl down to £14 for 10mb broadband / phoneline.

Hint: if you order sky online through quidco.com - you get £50 cashback!

They bought easynet who are doing the broadband who have always been decent in my experience.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links