Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Club Dealer Reviews

Demonic Angel

Just noticed this in the News - great idea :thumbsup:

The only problem is, neither of the dealerships I have used in the past (Listers Coventry & Farmer & Carlisle Leicester) are listed....

I wondered if other members noticed this too for their local dealer - maybe we can compile a list of dealerships to be added?

I added a review for TNS St Ives earlier today......................but it has to be approved by an administator :(

I added a review for TNS St Ives earlier today......................but it has to be approved by an administator :(

I've just done one for Colchester Toyota.....

I take it the admin have to proof read the review to make sure their is no swearing involved :unsure:

I do hope they don't edit the reviews in favour of looking good... that would defeat the object....

EDIT: Just checked again and the reviews are there :)

Dave.. why do you think it is worthless mate?

All reviews are reviewed not to disallow bad reviews as such.. it stops spammers abusing the system. It is NEVER cencored.

The dealer list is a bit old.. thats all I had. I am trying to get an updated list from Toyota.. but its 95% there.

Well i've got my yari booked in on tuesday for her 3rd year service,

so i'll add my review tuesday night :rolleyes:

It has to be approved by an administator :(

Yep making it totally worthless as a system :yes: !

The approval will be purely for reasons of slander, nothing more sinister than that. ;)

When this is used for the purposes intended, any dealer with a bit of savvy should take on board what their customers reactions are (good or bad), from a forum with over thirty thousand registered members, then hopefully be used for its own benefit for positive comments or improve the quality of service for anything negative.

I have just obtained the latest dealer information. When I get time I will convert and update the list.

Thanks for bringing it to my attn. ;)

Done a review for Hills of Bishops Stortford.

Any chance of this dealer being added please -

Andrew Rowley Toyota (Watford)

9 Ascot Road

Croxley Green

Watford

Hertfordshire

WD18 8AD

Tel: 0845 8991000

All reviews are reviewed not to disallow bad reviews as such.. it stops spammers abusing the system. It is NEVER cencored.

I'm sorry but I totally disagree ..... but the only proof in the pudding is to wait and see ;) !

I'm sorry but I totally disagree ..... but the only proof in the pudding is to wait and see ;) !

Try not to be so negative Dave

Happy pills for Dave please :lol:

I think Steve is right - anything un-moderated will open it up to spammers or just general dogsbodies - I mean look at the blogs - they got spammed to high heaven!

I'm sure if someones review was censored too much, they'd have something to say, but I think that if the review is a fair one and the comments just, that there should be no issue.

The comments must be constructive, instead of slating... moderation will help that.

My previous post wasn't direct enough and was misunderstood - I agree with the terms of it being moderated for spammers etc but I still feel that no company will advertise bad practice, no matter who they are.

Like I said - the only way to tell if only the best comments are published is to wait and see - if in a years time all the comments are positive I would think that something fishy is going on.

This site for example TOC is great, as for those who do have problems with their car or services provided by Toyota can voice their concern/opinion freely.

We can see from TOC that Toyota isn't perfect and does have it's fare share of problems - but let's see if these get published :thumbsup: !

[click] :help:

Im sorry but I didn't see this as a TOC new feature .......... I thought people was refering to Toyota's actual system as they now have a similar feature where you can do the same, hence saying what I said.

Sorry folks :rolleyes: !

The TOC one looks great and is easy to use - good work guys :thumbsup:

Somebody pass me a gun ;)

This is what your talking about Linky

:lol: :!Removed!:

The interesting thing is that you do not have to log on to use the TOC dealer review system.

I thought you would get it in the end Dave :lol: ;)

Its got to be moderated as last time it was here,

we had toyota dealer's comming on telling us how good they are :lol:

We must also be carfeul as a club of litigation, a constructive negative comment about a dealership is fine but its a fine line between slating a company....

I'd say Moderation of the above is something that DOES need to be undertaken, solely for what Rhaines has described above.

I know of a few stories of webmasters of forums, being threatened with legal action over what users have posted on their boards as well.

Put forward my review (Inchcape Oxford), and happy to see it's now up.

TBH, it's a feature I've never even heard of before, even though I've been on these boards for about 18 months now!

• 4 weeks later...

Just to inform everyone.. the list has now been updated

:yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links