Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3f-ge, 4f- Ge Or 3sge?

me&mygt

hi,

3s-fe...4s-fe....3s-ge sorry post title was wrong.

does anyone know? i have recently bought a 1993 celica GT 2L (gen6). Been tryin to work out what engine it's got but i can't find anything on the block or head. On the firewall there is a sticker with 3s-fe and 4s-fe. On the compliance plate it has st202 which i originally thought was a 3s-ge set up but now i'm not sure.

cheers for any advice

3sfe - SSI

3sge - SSII & SSIII

4afe - i believe is the 1.8

Does it says 2.0 16v on the engine or twin cam ? My 3sfe says 2.0 16v but the 3sge says twin cam 16v i think :)

3sfe - SSI

3sge - SSII & SSIII

4afe - i believe is the 1.8

Does it says 2.0 16v on the engine or twin cam ? My 3sfe says 2.0 16v but the 3sge says twin cam 16v i think :)

thx crismillencolin, It has 2.0 16v so i guess it's a 3s-fe. Weird, i thought these were meant to be the lower spec performance wise but i manage 85mph outa 2nd so i'm pleased with that.

thx for ur help

Weird, i thought these were meant to be the lower spec performance wise but i manage 85mph outa 2nd so i'm pleased with that.

What revs were you running in for that? :huh:

Our other car has a 3sfe engine, and if you did anything close to that speed in such low gear, it'll be bye bye engine and gearbox very very very soon :help:

THE REV LIMITER WOULD KICK IN LONG BEFORE 85 MPH, DREAM ON.

yeah no offence mate but my 3sfe (slightly modified- full SS exhaust and TRD panel filter) wont sniff 85 in 2nd. maybe chck your speedo is accurate ?

lol my mr2 only does 70 and 7k revs :blink: lol celica st only does roughly 60 :crybaby:

still enjoy the car though especially the mr2 love them :P

Is your speedo in KPH!!! lol

thx for the support guys...lol. seriously 85. Well i'll do it again tommorrow just to check it wasnt while i was sleepin. it's ordinary up to around 40 then it's great. Has intake system and s/s exhaust. why i was askin what engine set up it could possibly be.

cheers

Is your speedo in KPH!!! lol

thx for the support guys...lol. seriously 85. Well i'll do it again tommorrow just to check it wasnt while i was sleepin. it's ordinary up to around 40 then it's great. Has intake system and s/s exhaust. why i was askin what engine set up it could possibly be.

cheers

sure it isnt 3sgte :unsure: 85 in 2nd , actually does that even make 85 in 2nd , doubt it :help: ?

My GT4 dont make 85mph in 2nd, your speedo is telling you porkies my friend :lol:

My GT4 dont make 85mph in 2nd, your speedo is telling you porkies my friend :lol:

Well, the update.. Gave it a run today, just checkin i wasn't dreamin myself. Had nervous thought about what had been said about blowing my engine and gearbox so didn't go as hard but here's what i found. Followed my mate and checked speedo reading, It's 4-5 mph advanced, so yeh it's reading slightly fast. Took it out for a test and at 5400rpm was at 75mph. actual speed 70 before it kicked up into 3rd. As i mentioned though, didn't go as hard with the car this time. Still not sure what's in it, maybe 3s-ge hey???

cheers guys and gals

so its an automatic then ??

sure is , different gearing all together , i think autos only have 3 gears anyways .

only way to compare really is by rpm and the speed at those rpms compared to a manual car. my gt4 topped out in 3rd at 110 mph then the engine management would kick in and stop you . your motor will do the same to prevent engine damage - it shuts down the fuel to the engine when you reach danger level. the rpm level in 2nd gear in a manual is impossible to reach 85 mph , the ecu just wont let it happen .Your second gear i'd say covers gears 2nd and 3rd rev ranges of a manual car.

yeah my old 3sge would top out at around 95 in 3rd, think 2nd was around 65, then as booster says the engine management kicks in to stop your engine internals jumping out of the exhaust :)

yeah my old 3sge would top out at around 95 in 3rd, think 2nd was around 65, then as booster says the engine management kicks in to stop your engine internals jumping out of the exhaust :)

thx. i'm thinkin it's prob a 3s-ge in that case. it has 3 speed auto and o/drive, so 4 gears i guess. anyone wanna check out any picks

thx. i'm thinkin it's prob a 3s-ge in that case. it has 3 speed auto and o/drive, so 4 gears i guess. anyone wanna check out a pic. new on here, you guys seem pretty helpful so thx

cheers

thx. i'm thinkin it's prob a 3s-ge in that case. it has 3 speed auto and o/drive, so 4 gears i guess. anyone wanna check out a pic. new on here, you guys seem pretty helpful so thx

cheers

post-31783-1158776507_thumb.jpg

post-31783-1158776561_thumb.jpg

doesn't look like a 3sge to me... well looks different to the one in my st182 anyway, i always thought the 3sge had twin cam on the rocker cover, and 3sge on the cam belt cover... i may very well be wrong tho, i'm sure someone on here will be able to give u a better idea matey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links