Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Relocation?

~Rach~

Right, I'm after some opinions and Im torn as to what to do.... :(

Basically, neither me or Nick are particularly happy in our current jobs, and we're both on the hunt for new ones. Lucy starts school next year as well, so its all change for us

We've talked for a while on and off about moving to norfolk, partly because we'd be able to afford a bigger house, and all Nicks family live there. If we decided to relocate there, we'd be able to stay with his parents for however long it took to find new jobs and a house.

If we were going to go, now would be the best time so we wouldnt have to make Lucy move schools.

Thing is, I've lived in this area pretty much all my life. My dad (who has suffered from a heart attack) and brother live here. However my old friends are all moving away now after coming home from uni, and after xmas, I'll only have one old friend left in the area (but I'll have my work mates still)

Do we move and make a new start over there, or do we stay here because of my roots?

Or do we move somewhere else entirely?

I just dont know what to do..... :unsure:

I know at the end of the day it has to be our decision, Im just after some advice :thumbsup:

PS I know I cant spell :P

Difficult one Rach.... and one that I can relate to.

I can understand how you would not want to move away from your family to be closer to Nicks, but after speaking to you on MSN just now, I would say that its an opportunity you can't turn down, especially if you have the support of Nicks family to help you get on your feet and with Lucy and the possibility of a bigger house and better job prospects. And like you say, do it now and you dont need to uproot Lucy away from school.

Go for it girl! :thumbsup:

Rach

MOVE :thumbsup:

as you say you'll have a massive helping hand by being able to live with the in laws, till you find your feet.

And if it dont work out you can always move back, at least you'll have tryed.

Life's too short to be asking yourself what if ;)

I would look at the type of house you could afford and also the schools - if both these are far better than where you are now I would move. I have recently moved to Cambridge for cheaper housing and better schools and not regretting a minute of it :thumbsup:

Steve

I agree with Steve, Kimi and Emma. Sounds like a good option to move. I would imagine it's not easy to move away from an area you have grown up in but sometimes it can lead to better things in life and gives an opportunity for a "fresh start".

As long as you have a good relationship with Nicks parents it sounds like you will have lot's of help and support.

Give it a go girl :thumbsup:

Take the opportunities that come your way :thumbsup:

Go for it, your friends can always visit ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links