Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Steering Wheel Cover

Roly

Hi all

I find my plastic steering wheel quite uncomfortable and was wondering if I can get a custom made leather cover to fit it precisely including the spokes up to the air bag - any ideas or places that can do it? Don't want it to look cheap!

cheers

(2002 T3)

The easiest and cheapest way might be to get a leather steering wheel off a scrapped T-Sport.

To get a half decent looking cover trimmed up you would have to remove the wheel anyway :)

Not sure to be honest - I've had a chat to Toyota about buying a new leather wheel with audio controls as a replacement but they said it would cause problems with the airbag - can't quite see how but don't know about these things and wouldn't have the guts to try it myself.

Seem to remember Cahir covering the wheel and gear stick in leather and from memory it looked good. I can't find anybody who does that in UK though...so far!

I would have thought the T-Sport wheel would be a direct swap.

One thing though, if you do mess with the wheel, disconect the Battery and leave the car to sit for 15 minutes before disturbing it.

The airbag can be a very dangerous thing if it deploys at the wrong time :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links