Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

0-60 5 Secounds

velocity mobile

done some more upgrades yesturday and toke her down the strip last night unbelivable times and response is spot on, As for the suspension now ive set it up right she corners lovely.

The stuff in blue is from yesturday

list of modification's

denso Iridium svk20rz8

Full live remap from redline tuning

uprated leads

spats strut brace

super special adjustable rear shocks

macpherson adjustable front shocks

k&n induction kit with cold air feed

jasma 4 branch stainless manifold

jasma stainless downpipe

sports cat

custom boxter s style tailpipe

fensport chiped ecu

fensport cams

17 inch rs-5 215 45 17

vielside front bumper

vielside lower spliter

vielside side skirts

kenwood minidisc player

infinity componants in the front doors

infinity componants in the rear

infinity 6x9 on the parcel shelf

all the wire's are of top qaulity

As i said we toke it down the strip and got some wicked results she done three 0-60 runs results were:

1st run 4.8 secounds

2nd run 5.5 secounds (bad whellspeen of the line)

3rd run 4.6 secounds

as you probabley allready know to work out your true 0-60 you must take these times and work out the average which for mine was 5 secounds.

to add to my glory i did a qauter mile run against orange focus st and abliterated him so you could say mods pay off in the end

:jawdrop:

im still shocked myself cant wait to get it on the rollers and see what she's kicking out ....

i understand theres gonna be a lot of none belivers out there but im fine with that because it just shows how asstonishing these figures are............ :o :eek::huh::yahoo:

let me get this right.. your telling me your NA 3SGE hit 4.6 Seconds with no turbo?

Erm.. not that im doubting you much but please can you provide time slips etc...

kind regards

:P

ohh... and a dyno wouldnt go a miss...

Ohh... and has it been stripped for weight reduction as im sure without your ICE install that it might be able to hit low 4's... :)

You say it ran the 1/4 mile too, what time did you run? :)

Yeah sounds good - any proof mate ?

Timeslips would be nice too see :) GT4's struggle for times like that....

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ost&id=1665

aye.. that engine produces enough power to propell a heavy GT to 4.6 :rolleyes:

:blink: I've decided that instead of gt4/supra/soarer i'm going to get a newer GT now instead - cheaper and just as fast :thumbsup:

So your N/a FWD sillycar with the can out drag a 944 turbo to 60?

How....... Interesting :blink:

:jawdrop:

i understand theres gonna be a lot of none belivers out there

I dont believe you

wo wo wo wo wo

Im sorry but there is no way that non vvti gen 6 celica will do 0-60 in anything less than 5.5secs without a turbo..... end of

Im sorry but Ed's Celica was fully stripped out, modded to a similar spec to your and had nitros and his was about 6secs 0-60 at best

Im sorry but hows about we just cut the crap now and nobody needs to look silly :thumbsup:

You know velocity mobile everyone here does have a point here? Can you tell us how it was timed? Stopwatch with someone in your car? Also are your sure your speedo is reading correctly? Sure you didn't stop at 60Kmph?

Last time you said you beat your friends scoobi and that was quite hard to believe too.

Not saying that you're bluffing but it's very hard to believe that a FF could take off faster then a 4WD?

You say it ran the 1/4 mile too, what time did you run? :)

we didnt time the qauter mile as we was just racing he was a non-beliver

but were going santa pod next month with some off the other cars weve built and do some qauter mile times so should know soon plus when dyno is done by nitrous solutions i will post results...................

and with regards to speedo im fitting a blitz rvit when it finally turns up so i'll be able to check that against the speedo.

Think were gonna need some proof mate before we can take those claims seriously ;)

You know velocity mobile everyone here does have a point here? Can you tell us how it was timed? Stopwatch with someone in your car? Also are your sure your speedo is reading correctly? Sure you didn't stop at 60Kmph?

Last time you said you beat your friends scoobi and that was quite hard to believe too.

Not saying that you're bluffing but it's very hard to believe that a FR could take off faster then a 4WD?

thats because you dont have a 4wd if you did you would know that excess acceleration smashs diffs and gear boxs as there is more grip so you cant nail a four wheel drive to hard on start off why do you think i sold the evo 2 to get a celica there is so much you can do with a toyota engine and there strong. just go view some videos with 4wd and fwd doing 1/4 mile you'll see the bad start ....

the 0-60 was timed with a t200 lap timer

im happy that you dont believe me cos it shows how good we are at what we do.

the 8th of august jap weekend at santa pod come see it run if we have a good month here at velocity she'll be getting new pistons and con rods ........and what ever else we decide to do while we are doing it.

please bear in mind most of the mods are hidden from eye and that as soon as weve finished building the engine to how i want it we'll give her some bling as we are THINKING ABOUT GETTING A TRADERS ACCOUNT SO WE CAN ADVERTISE OUR GOODS AND SERVICES...

Edited By Moderating Staff

Not saying that you're bluffing but it's very hard to believe that a FR could take off faster then a 4WD?

thats because you dont have a 4wd if you did you would know that excess acceleration smashs diffs and gear boxs as there is more grip so you cant nail a four wheel drive to hard on start off why do you think i sold the evo 2 to get a celica there is so much you can do with a toyota engine and there strong. just go view some videos with 4wd and fwd doing 1/4 mile you'll see the bad start ....

the 0-60 was timed with a t200 lap timer

im happy that you dont believe me cos it shows how good we are at what we do.

the 8th of august jap weekend at santa pod come see it run if we have a good month here at velocity she'll be getting new pistons and con rods ........and what ever else we decide to do while we are doing it.

please bear in mind most of the mods are hidden from eye and that as soon as weve finished building the engine to how i want it we'll give her some bling as we are a supplier of sillicon hoses catcher tanks and much much more....

all the work we have done has been done in the last month so as you can imagine it spends most of its time in bits and dont get much chance of a clean that manifold looks lovely when its clean its covered in grease and sanding dust in that pic when we clean it next ill post pic

How did you record 0-60 using a lap timer? thats not what they are designed for doing....

Im sorry....but are you saying that you cant launch 4WD's hard?

Im sorry but if you are thats a load of crap, 4WD cars offer the best possible acceleration (for a road car, dragsters have big enough rear tyres not to need it) because of the amount of traction. Thats why the Bugatti Veyron is 4WD, because its the only way to transmit all that power to the road.

Also 4WD diffs are no weaker than FWD or RWD diffs. If you spank any car off the line regardless of fwd, 4wd or rwd you will shorten the life of the diff. The Celica GT4 drivetrain is in fact stronger than the Celica FWD setup.

8th of August at Santapod? its a bit far off but i'd very much like to look the car over and see what you got under the hood. Im going to be there running the V8 Supra.

im sorry mate but that aint right, i had most powerful na celica in uk man and it would do like lees aid 0-60 in 6 ish with n20 and totally stripped, i could lift the back of car up. my 250bhp 200sx pulls 5.52 0-60, admitadly that was only at 12 psi on hottest day of year., but was on semi slicks and using a bee*r as rev limiter,

but what u measure it with, please dont say gtech

also mate jasma is not a make, it is the mark the !Removed! put on exhausts etc to show they meet regs

im sorry mate but that aint right, i had most powerful na celica in uk man and it would do like lees aid 0-60 in 6 ish with n20 and totally stripped, i could lift the back of car up. my 250bhp 200sx pulls 5.52 0-60, admitadly that was only at 12 psi on hottest day of year., but was on semi slicks and using a bee*r as rev limiter,

but what u measure it with, please dont say gtech

also mate jasma is not a make, it is the mark the japs put on exhausts etc to show they meet regs

dude, he said he used a t200 lap timer....although im 99.9% sure these dont have a 0-60 time fucntion....

maybe he is confused with the 0-60 feet reading on the 1/4 slip?....

why do you think i sold the evo 2 to get a celica there is so much you can do with a toyota engine and there strong. just go view some videos with 4wd and fwd doing 1/4 mile you'll see the bad start ....

so u saying you can tune a na lump more than a turbo lump

the t200 is just a lap timer thast it dosnt do 0-60

when u had ur "Full live remap from redline tuning" what bhp u pull as im guessing they did it on rollers

ok this is turning in to a witch hnt now

damn... wish i'd kept my 182 now... needn't have bothered with the gt4 if i can get that kind of acceleration! :P

why do you think i sold the evo 2 to get a celica there is so much you can do with a toyota engine and there strong. just go view some videos with 4wd and fwd doing 1/4 mile you'll see the bad start ....

so u saying you can tune a na lump more than a turbo lump

the t200 is just a lap timer thast it dosnt do 0-60

when u had ur "Full live remap from redline tuning" what bhp u pull as im guessing they did it on rollers

ok this is turning in to a witch hnt now

firstly im not saying i can tune a n/a car more than a turbo as we get turbos to go even quicker

you are correct a t200 is a lap timer it was started at pull away and stoped at 60 manualy

as for the full remap that was done on the a127 & a130

rolling roads are not availible till next week but i will stick it on the rollers

and as for lord-ed

QOUTE "im sorry mate but that aint right, i had most powerful na celica in uk man and it would do like lees aid 0-60 in 6 ish"UNQOUTE

if you had the fastest n/a in england then im sorry to say it must have been in 1980's as i know of at least two that run 0-60 in less than that one of which is a gen 5 gt built by odd kid creations and the other one was a gen 6 st202 that inspired me to buy mine and that used to do it in sub five secounds without nos this one was built by craig fellows motorsport

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links