Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Save Jtuner Magazine

MarkC

Hi everyone, I am a member of the Tatsu Car Club and I need your help...

Taken this from the GTR register...

Quote:

"Some sad news in that the bosses in Future are planning to close a number of titles, most noteably to us Japanese fans is Jtuner magazine.

Most agree that Jtuner is the best Japanese mag on the market, cutting edge, informative about the scene both here and in Japan. Actually run by people who are enthusasts first (instead of writers) for passionate Japanese owners.

Looks like it will last two more issues then closed or possibly sold.

If you rate the mag and /or can't find the mag in your local area put your views this way

robert.price@futurenet.co.uk"

I have started a petition to try to show Future Publishing that JTuner has a massive following. Please could you sign it, it takes literally 10 seconds...

***** SAVE JTUNER PETITION *****

Also, if you are a member of other clubs, could you spread the work please. I spoke to Ben at GT Culture and he says that all the support is helping.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry for being negative but good riddance i say, was a crap mag...

Its being scrapped obv cause its not making any money, along with loads of other Future products. Main reason is lack of avalability. Everyone had trouble getting hold of it.

I don't think it was particularly crap and could get it down here but i prefer reading japanese performance most and then mayb banzai second. All pretty much feature the same cars if they're big ones (like fensports celica) so you get pretty much the same features anyway!

As I've said before, no petition will help this, and the peeps who started that are very narrow minded :rolleyes:

The thing they seem to have forgotten, closing mags etc means redundancies everywhere, so I'm gutted personally. Waiting to see which of my friends gets kept on in different roles, and the ones who get axed :(

So how about scrap the petition to save a magazine losing money, and start a petition to save the peeps who are left on tenderhooks while they reapply for the jobs some of them have been doing for 10 years.............

How do you propose those people are 'saved' from redundancy then? You admit the mag is going to go, if you had staff to produce 3 magazines before and drop down to 2 for example you've plainly now got too many people. Keep them all on and you just increase the costs of the other mags, making them less competitive too and eventually you end up taking the whole company under.

I've seen it in the industry I work in, often the people in charge of small companies aren't prepared to make hard decisions early enough (probably because the people that now work for them are their friends that they worked with for years at other companies). Instead they soldier on with a hugely oversized team until the money runs out... Then the company goes under, everyone loses their jobs at once (flooding the local market) and nobody gets any sort of redundancy payment or even the salary they're owed.

How do you propose those people are 'saved' from redundancy then?

I was just pointing out that there is more important things going on than peeps not being able to get a certain mag each month :thumbsup:

To be honest, if they are talented and skilled journalists, they shouldnt have too many problems getting another role.

I for one know of 2 motoring journalist jobs going at the moment, however, as with most industries, you'd need to relocate to where the large industries are, in this case, Peter-Bog-Horror...

And i hate to say it, but you have a valid point Rach, people always seem to think they can change the world with a few names on a piece of paper...

I have to say that a petiiton to let the publishers know how may people support the mag seems pointless as they already know that figure - it's called their monthly sales

DITO. One sad mag.

Appaling product IMO. Plus you can get much better info on cars off the good old WWW.

I've got to be honest i was not a fan of J Tuner either ,

it was too max flower :lol:

Feel sorry for Matt guy i know who worked for it, hope he gets a job elsewhere.

DITO. One sad mag.

Appaling product IMO. Plus you can get much better info on cars off the good old WWW.

It may have helped if peeps like us who subscribed when it started got the mag before it was over a month old, and it was not full of the same crap over & over again :censor:

Sorry for anyone who loses their job over it going down the plug hole but... :bann:

Agreed!

Subscribed at the booth at Japfest when it first came out.

Paid my money there and then, got the first issue and the free t-shirt.

Which issue did i get posted to me? issue 3......

What happened to issue 2!?

Nuff said.....i knew i wouldnt re-subscribe at the end of the year and i had only just got my subscription started....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links