Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Same Old, Same Old

Special Red

The FIRST post!!! the one at the top! the post that started this thread! It contains the point to the whole thread! lol

Its not about GT's!!! Yes you answered a question, a question that came about from a statement by yourself that has no relevance to this thread! The fact you wrote it only goes to show that if it aint a GT4 you dont care, as there poxy and pathetic and a waste of money! hence why you say BUY A GT4!! :lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• daktari

• chris202

• ~Rach~

look in all my opinion i think this thread has got a bit stupid and people are taking things abit seriously.. :P

so what if they say buy a gt4.. in my opinion most of the time its good advice as people usually ask whats the most bhp they can get out of a ST,GT and they answer such as

they say you would need to spend big amounts on not much gain and could be cheaper to buy a gt4 itself as standard they are already fast.. ;)

i mean i love my ST and i will do a few mods on it just to make it sound better and look better but to be honest i should have listened and got a gt4 as i already own a mr2 and the ST is a very nice car i love the looks etc but would like more perforamance and the best bet is to get the GT4 in my case and in most peoples :rolleyes:

some people just say it as a joke now and then and there intiled to there opinions.. ^_^

and where you say jones after him owning a corolla before so what there nice cars..and as you said we got to start somewhere.. in my books i record that gt4s are faster than quite alot of cars on the road.. :)

and i remember you said to me when i got my ST surely a GT would of been better as you have the mr2..

and yeah your right and thats my point most of time they are just advising and helping out.. :yes:

and they dont do it just because they have a gt4 dont mean there cars are better atall. and they are just proud of them as i am with mine :thumbsup:

anyway im guna shut up now :!Removed!: :!Removed!: :gun_bandana:

The FIRST post!!! the one at the top! the post that started this thread! It contains the point to the whole thread! lol

Its not about GT's!!! Yes you answered a question, a question that came about from a statement by yourself that has no relevance to this thread! The fact you wrote it only goes to show that if it aint a GT4 you dont care, as there poxy and pathetic and a waste of money! hence why you say BUY A GT4!! :lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

MY gt is poxy , not all gt's.

I'm off , ubik this .

Chill pill people... everyone has different opinions and as such need to respect others comments as long as it is relevant to the topic at hand.

I personally wouldnt want to make my car look faster than it is because you could pull up against a real GT4 and be made to look silly.

Thats only my opinion but as long as it is said in an informative way then i see no issue. If someone is blatent and thinks they know it all then they need to think before they type.

Simple...

There are better things in the world to argue about... this aint one...

There was nothing wrong with my Corolla thanks mate ;)

I fancied a change - I looked at Celicas and wanted a GT4... so I saved me monies up and bought one - and im very happy with it and let people know how much I rate them, whats so wrong in that? :huh:

And if your trying to have a dig at me about the 'GT4 Bonnet' thread - I wasn't the one who recommended he buy a GT4, re-read my post :thumbsup:

Its a forum, people voice their opinions, if you dont like my opinions, dont read them ;)

Did I ever mention to peeps in this forum that I love my GT-R :D :toast::yahoo:

Think you may have mentioned it in passing..... :rolleyes: :P :lol:

And if your trying to have a dig at me about the 'GT4 Bonnet' thread - I wasn't the one who recommended he buy a GT4, re-read my post :thumbsup:

Its a forum, people voice their opinions, if you dont like my opinions, dont read them ;)

Firstly Im not being specific I have noticed it over numerous threads from numerous people!

Secondly I think its good advice when its a viable option.

Forum or no forum if your opinion is of no use why express it!

and the Corolla comment was an opinion if you dont like it dont read it! ;)

and the Corolla comment was an opinion if you dont like it dont read it! ;)

See what you there, clever :P :huh:

Why not? :rolleyes:

Special Red, buy a GT4 mate! ;)

I agree here on the forum side of things :thumbsup:

People post asking for advice not opinions (most the time!)

There is a reason not everyone has a GT4, whether it be cost or otherwise. So "advising" them to buy a 4 is pointless and of no use to anyone (and that goes to all the people who ditto the first person saying it)

How about answering the question they want advice on, then putting in your signature "whatever I say above is valid, but it would be easier to buy a GT4" :lol:

If I want advice on my gt, I probably wouldnt ask it here as I already know what the answer would be :( :rolleyes:

I agree here on the forum side of things :thumbsup:

People post asking for advice not opinions (most the time!)

There is a reason not everyone has a GT4, whether it be cost or otherwise. So "advising" them to buy a 4 is pointless and of no use to anyone (and that goes to all the people who ditto the first person saying it)

How about answering the question they want advice on, then putting in your signature "whatever I say above is valid, but it would be easier to buy a GT4" :lol:

If I want advice on my gt, I probably wouldnt ask it here as I already know what the answer would be :( :rolleyes:

A good observation Rach. The other side to the story. :thumbsup: But, there`s always a but isn`t there? :rolleyes:

It could depend on the question being asked as to whether the answer is a suggestion, or indeed an opinion. Also the suggestion could be an opinion. So on and so forth yadda yadda yadda.

A lot of honest, well intentioned opinions are born out of knowledge. Apart from the rude ones where the suggestion usually involve travel. :lol:

If someone asks me a specific question, i`ll try to give them an honest answer. However, if someone asks a non specific question then i might only be able to give an opinion. Which in any event may be wrong.

So many options and definitions it`s making me ramble....... I`ll get me coat. ;)

PS. Rach it`s sad you feel you cant ask a GT related question without fear of being told get a GT4. :yes:

You're right Dak :thumbsup: :D

I think the main problem is certain people have a one track mind when it comes to celicas, and anything less than a GT4 is not worthy (so to speak)

Heres the thing though, why bother doing anything to an ST/GT, when you could have a GT4. Then again why bother doing anything to a GT4 as you could get a veyron :rolleyes::lol:

Ridiculous yes, but the point is there. There is always a better car out there than the one you have so why bother modifying any car at all? :yawn:

I love my car, I know its not the fastest or the prettiest car about, but its mine and thats all that matters :thumbsup:

PS. Rach it`s sad you feel you cant ask a GT related question without fear of being told get a GT4. :yes:

Yep, it is isnt it :yes:

Hopefully something will come from this thread and make people more open minded, but I'm not keeping my hopes up of that :unsure:

How about we all take it as "everyone knows the ultimate performance mod is to ""BUY A GT FOUR"", other than that they all want specific answers to mod questionsfor the car they have. Surely that would solve any discrepancy. :blink:

How about we all take it as "everyone knows the ultimate performance mod is to ""BUY A GT FOUR"", other than that they all want specific answers to mod questionsfor the car they have

Spot on :thumbsup:

I love my thread!! Ultimately were are all better poeple as a result of it!

one question though, Im sick of my GTs performance, anyone know how to reduce its power???

Then again why bother doing anything to a GT4 as you could get a veyron :rolleyes::lol:

because my GT4 will be faster than a veyron soon :laughing:

I love my thread!! Ultimately were are all better poeple as a result of it!

one question though, Im sick of my GTs performance, anyone know how to reduce its power???

Yep.... Buy an ST... You know it makes sense. :P :lol:

Then again why bother doing anything to a GT4 as you could get a veyron :rolleyes::lol:

It`ll probably cost as much. :lol:

Thats a BIG claim mate :laughing: :laughing:

Thats a BIG claim mate :laughing: :laughing:

Actually if you looked at the practical side then Adams claim isn`t as far fetched as all that. In the real world & given the Veyrons thirst for fuel.... I reckon over a longer distance the GT4 would beat it hands down. All those fuel stops and british traffic would kill it dead in the water. or the M6... Whichever. :unsure:

Heres the thing though, why bother doing anything to an ST/GT, when you could have a GT4. Then again why bother doing anything to a GT4 as you could get a veyron :rolleyes::lol:

I'm sure people are recommending a GT4 because they are real world cars which are affordable.

I mean if you want a ST/GT to be as fast as a GT4 then you'd need to spend, for arguemants sake, around £6000. With that £6000 you could just buy a GT4 instead.

On the other hand, if you want your GT4 to be as fast as a Veyron then you certainly wouldn't be spending £800,000 or whatever they cost!

I hope you now understand why your point was ridiculous! :thumbsup:

well i have a gt and would love a gt4 and could probably buy one BUT can't afford to run one[insurance,petrol,maintenance]

i find this forum very helpful,theres some good helpful lads on here dak especially :thumbsup:

Nice to see you don't see my point at all Ryan :rolleyes:

The whole point is why bother asking about mods for any car as there is always another car out there which will be faster and cheaper in the long run than modding the one you have which people will suggest getting :rolleyes:

I am sure its the same on other forums, eg why bother modding a 1.0/1.3 yaris when you can buy a tsport etc. Its all personal choice at the end of the day.........

And I am sure no one has asked how to make their GT as fast as a 4, just how to make the GT faster (but correct me if im wrong!) :)

Anyway, as it was said earlier and makes the whole point of this thread

How about we all take it as "everyone knows the ultimate performance mod is to ""BUY A GT FOUR"", other than that they all want specific answers to mod questions for the car they have

:thumbsup:

But you can mod a car too far in pursuit of speed/performance etc.

Last year at 10 of the best there were a few cars- supposedly the most modified/powerful of their type - that just blew up. If you're prepared to compromise reliability then that's fine, but there's a lot to be said for a faster, standard car .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links