Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1.3 Induction Kit

wizzbit

Hi. Ok i have used the search topic before we begin and carnt find out alot. I have a Yaris 1.3 with the 2SZ-FE engine. I am after an induction kit now the only one i can seem to find is the greddy one but its £180. Now i know you dont get alot of performance from them but that isnt my biggest concern. I want to know what the induction noise is like. I dont want to pay £180 and find out it is silent so doesnt even give the noise of a race car. So if there are any other kits availble please some help but i would appricate it if anyone has a sound clip of there induction kit. From the outside accelarating would be the best but even inside. Thanx :D

The greddy is pretty good.

I had one, ryan 1985 was selling one if it hasn't gone, you may get it cheaper.

You won't be dissapointed with it, more noisier than you think considering it's a foam filter.

Anything else is not worth it, unless you go custom, then it works out a lot dearer

What about the Apexi one?

Apexi one doesn't fit on mine otherwise i would as they always get great reviews. O well guess it will be the greddy on. Has anyone got a sound clip

I sold mine yesterday, sorry! I had a sound clip, I'll try and find it! :thumbsup:

Dam would of had that of ya the sound clip would be great mate thanx :thumbsup:

if you get the greddy, once fitted make sure your windows are down, accellerate hard, change gear fast and floor the accellerator pedal,

only with the foam greddy and HKS filters will you get a sound like a dump valve, not extremely loud, but loud enough to hear.

one thing that makes the greddy worth while

Is it not just it sucking air in suddenly? In which case my apexi makes a nice noise where it sucks hard for air under sharp throttle movement and wen putting foot back on gas hard between gear changes :)

Is it not just it sucking air in suddenly? In which case my apexi makes a nice noise where it sucks hard for air under sharp throttle movement and wen putting foot back on gas hard between gear changes :)

yes that's what it does, but it makes a hissing noise.

Apexi sound is different, I don't know if your apexi is relocated but it's not as loud when it is relocated, but I heard mine giving a grunt the other day.

The apexi when relocated gives a nice constant grumble and hiss - much more noticeable to the rest of the world than you.

I had an HKS on mine ages ago - deeper noise but would fit when relocated. Ive heard the greddy on a few cars - good noise

My missus had one on her MR2 and it was located right behind the passenger seat - loudest induction system Ive ever heard...

Dammit i almost don't want to relocate it now as i love that noise :) The lining under the bonnet is out though so will that mean it wont be so reduced?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links