Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Steering Problem After Replacing Susspension On My E 12!

silenced

Hi there everyone!

It's only the second time that I'm writing in the forum,but I already feel like asking you a lot... :)

So I'll start from the front susspension.I've replaced the shock struts and the springs on both axes,(after 115.000 Km) and I’ve put on Koni sports (adjustable) and H&R springs (medium to hard).The car got down at about 3 cm.I've also replaced my tires but from 195/60/15 which is the dimension that my corrola was wearing from the factory,I’ve put on 205/55/15.

Everything seems to work well,and the car is running smoothly but more stiff(as i expected after I've adjusted the struts at only half stiff).You should see it in the turns,it’s cornering like train!!! :thumbsup:

After 5.000 Km I’ve put it in for alignment cause the only problem that I was experiencing was when braking with a lot of force. When that happened the car seem to have the tention to turn a bit left o right, but not too much, depending on the condition of the road.

When I asked the man who did the alignment what is the cause of this, he told me that maybe it was due to the 205 tires…But he wasn’t convinced, so he tried to adjust a little the toe in angle of the weels and put it at 0,1° and not at 0,3°,which is within the limits of the manufacturer.

So after that my car was more stable at braking but still the problem with the steering exists,but not so much.Really it isn’t anything that I would call it dangerous, but I want it to be perfect!!!

What is your opinion?Might there be a broblem with my silent blocks???Is there any way that I could fix this,without returning to manufacturer’s dimension of tires and shocks and springs? :help:

I hated the cornering of my Corolla with them…

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Thanks for your reply...

But as I wrote the tyres are brand new with the proper pressure according to manufacturer,and after the allignment the computer showed that the car is standing to it's hight (even 3 cm shorter)within the limits of the toyota manufacturer.And even with 195Km/h the steering weel will keep the straight line without hands!

Did anyone in here experience a familiar problem after replacing the susspension??? :(

:help:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links