Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Brace Fitment

NE.

:help: iv'e just bought a strut brace for my t sport and im unsure of how to fit it as there seems to be some sort of mechanism that is like a push switch that gets depressed when the bonnet is closed. what has everyone else done about this? also to fit the strutbrace do i remove the black plates on top of the struts or just put the strut brace on top of these? any help greatly appreciated! thanks. :thumbsup:

stick it on top of the plates, it will be fine.

As for the bonnet switch for alarm, it depends what strut brace you have, but you will need to move it further around the strut to still work but be out of the way of the brace.

to fit the brace you will need to remove the tray and wiper motor, as this make it much easier to fit.

yeh i realised theres another threaded hole further around the strut will it fit on there or will i need to drill and tap a hole in the strut? its a booster tuning strut brace and goes right across where the alarm switch is. its a lot of hassle just for a strut brace damn the overcrowded engine bay :angry:

I've got a booster tuning strut brace but it looks like it will miss the alarm switch

I have personally removed the black metal plates but dunno if it makes a difference? Also you can avoid the hassle of removing the wiper tray etc by just levering it up at bit so you can get to the back bolts :) The tray can be a bugger to remove due to the annoying black screws with tabs on :P

The tray can be a bugger to remove due to the annoying black screws with tabs on :P

I told you how to get those out :lol: !!!!

yeh but they so mullered from last time i tried to get them out that i got no chance! May drill em out n buy new ones? Ooo n gota sort out that rattly door i got from where i broke one of the fixing pegs....n space Speakers....n clean car....n fit that sunstrip.....and the lower front brace....and check discs.....n mayb swap to winter wheels.... GOD DAMMIT TOO MANY JOBS :P

i still havent got round to fitting it but i'll give it a go on friday when its not dark when i get back from work. how do u go about removing the black tray is it easy because im a lazy bugger. thanks for all the help guys.

with difficulty :lol: ... so ive heard, both struts ive had caused issue for bonnet sensor, i've got a custom relocated one now which was put in when i had the alarm fitted.

I removed the tray easy used this guide:

strut brace guide

a few notes,

1. if the pop screws don't come out, push them from underneath

2. Remove the whole wiper tray it's easier

3. when removing the bolts on the wiper tray, block the holes that let the water out with a rag, as I now have a bolt somewhere in the chassis, after seeing it dissapear down the gulley.

well finally got it fitted :D those screws are a rite !Removed! i think there all rounded off and all the threads are stripped now haha. i have a query though. the alarm switch thing fitted back in the same position just about but when i set the alarm the red light inside the car (the one near the handbrake) stays red doesnt flash or anything and i sat in the car waving about like a mad man and the alarm didn't go off :huh: any ideas lads?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links