Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Speakers

rickster

ok, im really sorry i know this has been covered before, but..

im planning on replacing the door and dash Speakers on my yaris, could someone please tell me the sizes of the Speakers and some info about this adapter thing for the door Speakers, price etc..

Also is it worth replacing the speaker wire? if so guide and photos would be appricated!

thanks ricky :P

10 cm dash

17 cm door (with autoleads speaker adapter)

No need to change wire unless your amping up everything and doing an amazing job!

If you're going to use the autoleads adaptors for the doors rather than making your own spacers the doors need to be 16.5cm. This in turn limits your options as most makers do 17cm.

Ive got infinities in mine (16.5) and they're a massive improvement.

In the dash Ive got kenwoods - but almost all manufacturers do them in this size.

Clarky your usually right but this time i beg to differ! I have 17cm pioneer E-motions fitted to the autoleads adapter with no problems and fitted perfectly :wacko: The only thing i would say is the spacers do not space my Speakers far enough away from the window glass as they catch a bit! When i get the time i will be spacing them further so i guess making your own would have been an easy option to start with!

Fair play then Woody - I tried 17s in mine and they wouldnt go - maybe they changed them?

If they take 17s then thats much better as it doesnt reduce your options as much...

I have 17's in my adapters aswell! its because clarkys car is so fast that the speaker adapter bends under the pressure and you can only fit in 16.5's in!

You could make your own, alot cheaper! I was just lazy lol

Hey, I have this set up.

I had it professionally done because I'm lazy and last time I tried taking the door card off I dropped one of the screws inside the door and generally made a mess of it.

It works pretty well, the people who installed my Speakers used the Autoleads adaptors to hold the Speakers in the door, stuck the crossovers behind the dash with something and ran the wire up. The only tricky bit I think was getting the wire to go through the coil thing between door and body. They used hot glue to mount the tweeters onto the dash speaker grills.

Also it's probably worth spending £100 ish on these Speakers - I bought some cheap £50 ones first time round and whilst they were good, they lacked clarity and definition. The ones I have now, (which are so awesome) are these: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/p...ts_id/3522.html

Notice that they are 17cm and they seem to fit fine in the adaptors.

Hope this helps.

I don't think they did, not sure how much of a difference it would make if it's not amped (I think you need it when you amp because they need to carry a lot more current?)

It looks fairly simple if you don't bother replacing the wiring - changing the wiring may make it much more fiddly.

i was considering conponents in the doors and placing the tweeter in where the dash speakers are? anybody have this setup? ill obvously have removed the dash speakers!!

Hi Rickster;

I'm in the middle of doing this today. It's pretty easy if you follow the instructions that some kind soul posted in this forum. I'm ditching the dash Speakers and flush mounting the tweeters there instead. The crossover unit fits below the tweeter.

I had to run separate cable from the same area to the door for the woofers. It was a bit tricky but I managed to tape the cable ends to the end of a phillips screwdriver to push it through the rubber grommet.

This means both the tweeter and the woofer are fed, through the crossover unit, by the front channel and the rear channel isn't used.

Good luck whatever you do.

Jim

sounds pretty much the same as what i am going to do, i want to get it right first time! no messing around!! if possible could you fire a few pics up? cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links