Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Personalised Plates

Demonic Angel

Personalised Plates  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to personalised plates?

• They're cool
    • They're ok
    • They're naff

I'm thinking of getting a personalised plate, nothing too flashy, just my initials and random letters/numbers. I've found a few examples for about £180 which is better than I thought it would be!

But what are peoples opinions on personalised plates?

Me, I think the ones that say things like 5EX G0D are silly, mine will just look like a normal plate... have seen the likes of S*** EJM for under £200. It looks normal and makes the car more "mine"

But part of me thinks maybe I should just save the £200 and keep the numberplate I have? :lol:

What are peoples opinions?

Keep the one you've got, then when you get your new car get a new plate at the same time if you still fancy one.

Personally, I'm not a fan - especially when sometimes they look a bit "oh look at me", but then everyone is different.

Go for it personal plates are awesome and they do make the car look extra special.

jerry!!

I have a two tier system:

Some are okay and cool

and others

Another ***** extension

So it depends on the actual car/numberplate etc :P ;)

lol

My plate will look absolutely normal....

like A123 ABC

So to the general public, its a normal plate but to me, its personalised.... I dont want a "Look at me" plate :thumbsup: Just to know its special to me is enough!

Can understand it might look a bit "posh" to some, but its not going to be an expensive plate anyway, so not really very posh at all! :lol: £180 is a bargain - might spend a bit more than that to get a slightly better one, but generally speaking it'll look totally normal - thats the plan anyway! :D

And Dave.... I think you needed to pay more attention in biology class.... that extension you spoke of is physically impossible for someone of my gender ;) :lol:

They're OK i suppose, but like most things with cars it's down to the owners preference.

I would never get one. I can't see the point of spending extra on something that's only there in the first place as a legal requirement.

Besides, If I want my car to look extra special I'll drive the Sera ! Usually does the trick !

And Dave.... I think you needed to pay more attention in biology class.... that extension you spoke of is physically impossible for someone of my gender ;) :lol:

lol

Haven't you seen plastic surgery live on channel 5 ?

OMFG :!Removed!:

However if it's some fit bird in a smart car (not the Merc thing ;) ) then that's okay :D

Also long as she gives me a wink - PMSL :lol:

well... I think the subtle ones are good... they can also help disguise the age of the car.. I used to have one of my dad's ones on the yaris... J300 PAC... but he has that back now...

I would love XMR 2X ;) hehe but its car specific... and thats not the best route to go down.... also if I went for initials... JEC... well.. what happens if they change one day.. (who knows)... :lol:

So I dunno... I do think they can look smart tho, my Dad's does... but thats my opinion :)

£180 for some numbers and letters on a bit of plastic cheap? number plates dont make any car look good, so no need to draw more attention to it, if you wana personalise your car there is much better places to start. just my opinion

Personal number plates are good aslong as they dont say something like 12 Inch, which is one near me BTW!

I think they are good because they can hide the age of your car if it well looked after :)

My youngest son has a personalised plate on his Renault Clio 2.0 litre Cup.

It means nothing to anyone else but is personal to him with his initials.

That IMO is exactly how personalised plates should be.....................not spelling out any doubtful words :thumbsup:

i like them... and im keeping my eye on one online and might buy it sometime soon possibly!

£180 for some numbers and letters on a bit of plastic cheap? number plates dont make any car look good, so no need to draw more attention to it, if you wana personalise your car there is much better places to start. just my opinion

I get what you're saying, but I dont do mods per se.... the only stuff I have extra on my car are devil horns on the Badge, a different aerial and a few stickers - yes its personalised but a plate seems the natural next progression up. I'm not the sort to start tuning or adding ICE or anything.... all I have left is the darn plate! :lol::lol:

Well, we will see what happens in the New Year I guess!

And no Dave.... I've never seen Plastic Surgery Live... plus I can no longer get Channel 5 as my digibox wont pick it up, so sorry, I'm missing that televisual treat.... :lol:

I think there a good idea, i also think the "S3X G0D Etc are quite funny :lol:

But if you do anything wrong it is more easier for people to remember your number plate :lol:

Each to there own i say :thumbsup:

£180 ain't bad for personalised plate the one i want is £2500.

I like them but I think they cost too much for what they actually are. I like my plate because it ends in EFC which makes it blatently obvious to any1 who sees it that I'm an Evertonian & as an added bonus it's probably older than me which gives a retro feel to it & who doesn't love a bit of retro? :P

Going back to my original point though, my dad paid the best part of £500 for his plate & then let me have it when he sold his car so all it costs me is the £80 transfer fee whenever I sell my car. £500 is quite cheap too, if you start looking for plates that attempt to spell words the prices go absolutely stupid & lots go for 6 figure sums & I'd much rather have a Ferrari or a house than a registration plate that sort of spells my name.

If I was going to buy 1 though I'd have 1 with less than 7 characters because it will make it more obvious that it's a private 1. My sister's plate ends in PEO which is the surname of a mate of mine but it's just a coincidence, having 1 or 2 numbers makes a plate look more like a private plate to me.

Well I could have got one for my 21st birthday from my parents - M7 HOU (m for mark, 7 for my lucky number and HOU short for houston) but they are too common in my family dad has H9 UST, mum has J60 HOU and cousin has H3UST

Just think they are all down to personal preference

Got to say I,m a fan of them, was going to get on for our "2" but when we picked her up we found the last 3 letters are CNP (Christine n Paul) :D Rico had one of the best I've seen on his old "2" something like 01010101 :thumbsup: Go for it Girl :P

Only the real cool cats have private plates :P ;)

I got one for my 21st so i use it but its not something i would buy myself . More people take the ***** than like it :D C1RSY but i've got it like Cl-RSY :D close to Chrisy ? nah but :P :).....feel free to ***** take ;)

Only the real cool cats have private plates :P ;)

I got one for my 21st so i use it but its not something i would buy myself . More people take the ***** than like it :D C1RSY but i've got it like Cl-RSY :D close to Chrisy ? nah but :P :).....feel free to ***** take ;)

I use A.O.L.... :unsure::unsure::crybaby::crybaby:

:P :P

they can also help disguise the age of the car..

I think they are good because they can hide the age of your car if it well looked after :)

Surely thats not a bonus :unsure: - im proud of the ages of my cars :P :D the older the bettter , and plus if you have a mk1 mr2 for example i think its pretty obvious how old the car is! :lol:

they can also help disguise the age of the car..

Surely thats not a bonus :unsure: - im proud of the ages of my cars :P :D the older the bettter , and plus if you have a mk1 mr2 for example i think its pretty obvious how old the car is! :lol:

Well you cant disguise it so its newer lol so 'older the better' is fine :P

my Yaris had a J-reg on it... but it was 1999 (V-reg)... can help with newer cars as numbnuts who dont always get it prefer not to steal 'older' cars...

I wouldnt mind K100 OJJ or K1000 JJ (diff spacing lol)... but tbh.. atm there are much more pressing matters for £180 to go on... namely my next service/MOT etc

Disguising the age doesnt really bother me, its not like you can make the car appear any newer than it actually is :lol: .... its purely to personalise my car that little more.

I've decided I will probably get one, but for a few reasons I'll be waiting til early next year - mainly due to Crimbo being just around the corner! :lol:

I just found EM 2 for the bargain price of £39,995! :lol::lol:

I have a personal plate on my T Sport........................ because I can! :thumbsup:

If you can afford it and it’s something you want then do it. It’s no different to spending £100’s on your car on different shock absorbers... wheels/tyres... paint jobs... ICE etc etc.

Keep in mind you will always get your money back if you decide to sell at a later date, if you but it at the right price, and 9 times out of 10 you will sell it for more than you paid for it as well.

I think I paid around the £250 mark from the DVLA for mine, some years later similar priced plates are over a £1000 now!

You won’t get any cash back for any other mods. Looking on here will tell you that.

:yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links