Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Personalised Plates

Demonic Angel

Personalised Plates  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to personalised plates?

• They're cool
    • They're ok
    • They're naff

I have a personal plate on my T Sport........................ because I can! :thumbsup:

If you can afford it and it’s something you want then do it. It’s no different to spending £100’s on your car on different shock absorbers... wheels/tyres... paint jobs... ICE etc etc.

Keep in mind you will always get your money back if you decide to sell at a later date, if you but it at the right price, and 9 times out of 10 you will sell it for more than you paid for it as well.

I think I paid around the £250 mark from the DVLA for mine, some years later similar priced plates are over a £1000 now!

You won’t get any cash back for any other mods. Looking on here will tell you that.

:yes:

Thats a good point, thats definitely made up my mind now! :D :D :thumbsup:

It is worth checking out the DVLA website. Prices start at £250, but you should be able to chose something more than just random numbers to go with your initials.

It is worth checking out the DVLA website. Prices start at £250, but you should be able to chose something more than just random numbers to go with your initials.

Ideally I wanted E81 EJM but I can't find it...

Can't find any with the prefix numbers 81 (year of birth)

If I'd been born in 77 or 88 I'd have no problem! :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention that DVLA price includes VAT and transfer, which probably makes it a good deal cheaper than the others you have seen.

Why not 666 - the Devil's own number? If you have a fish around on the DVLA site there are quite a few on there (drill down in 'prefix search').

sonething i just thought of Em... probably not a consideration for you as i know you like new cars

i didnt think you were allowed to put a plate on your car to make it look newer?

im sure when i wanted 'Teg..XXX' somebody told me i couldnt put it on because of the fiesta is 23 and that plate is a new reg number?

i dunno - is that just me being thick? :unsure:

im sure somebody will correct me ....

you cant make a car look newer that is correct...

you could prolly have TEG XXXP <-- a backwards plate, as they are older still...

but you couldnt have T36 XXX or TE06 XXX

:)

Buying from the DVLA is the best route.

The majority of these companies you see in the papers and magazines don’t actually own or have the number they are advertising! Do a cross reference and see for your self!

They buy them from the DVLA and then pass them on to you, plus their fee!

Just think of the prefix you want and a digit with EJM at the end, A1 EJM for example.

A five digit plate looks impressive IMO, and £250 all in is a bargain and will always be yours.

My number is on my third car now.

:thumbsup:

you cant make a car look newer that is correct...

you could prolly have TEG XXXP <-- a backwards plate, as they are older still...

but you couldnt have T36 XXX or TE06 XXX

:)

Knew it was something like that , thanks JJ , you put it better than i did :D

I forgot to mention that DVLA price includes VAT and transfer, which probably makes it a good deal cheaper than the others you have seen.

Why not 666 - the Devil's own number? If you have a fish around on the DVLA site there are quite a few on there (drill down in 'prefix search').

I'm an angel really! ;) :lol:

I didnt realise the DVLA price included the extras, I must admit after I'd priced it up on that other site it came to over £300 inc VAT & fees!

Anyway, I've found loads on the DVLA site.... decided now on an "M" prefix, for obvious reasons! :D I've pretty much chosen, found my lucky number! :yahoo:

i'm on the side of liking them :thumbsup:

i have one on my s15, and i got it straight from the DVLA

they were very easy to deal with too.

Within 2 weeks of me finding the plate i wanted, it was on my car :yes:

Em go play on their website for a while,

you can make plates up and put them on different cars too,so you get an idea of how they'll look.

Em, Am on my third T plate now having given one back when I couldn't afford to renew it on retention. ThunderT's looks good and the trick is to find a low one that no-one else wants like vvt for example you can still get T(6-20)VVT for 250 to match mine :lol: In the last two months three more have gone since I got mine.

Em go play on their website for a while,

you can make plates up and put them on different cars too,so you get an idea of how they'll look.

Yeah been doing that just now!

Definitely makes the car look that little bit sexier.... :lol:

Guess what I voted :D

ttbum.jpg

I do really hate it when some "nearly" spell something, or have to be dodgily spaced and have arranged black screws to make it loo like something else... that just cheapens a car!

A decent plate really finishes off a car, and its a nice way of customising a car externally for those that don't like big "look at me" bodykits... As for the hastle of transfering it over, its no biggie, I have had that reg on a soarer and two supras now... most of our cars at home have them too (I think lol)

For those of us that prefer older cars I tihnk it also shows that you like it and are sticking with it.. none of this "you couldn't afford a newer one then"

Although some plates can cost an obscene amount :!Removed!:

I also fully agree with TVOR about solid numbers. -and it is always worth noting that you will probably never lose money on a no plate!!! -they hold their value well!!!

JJ is correct about the age of cars and plates, although some are truely "ageless" and can go on any car :D

I like them but agree with some of the others, that you have to turn your head upside down to try and see what the word is meant to be. Thats a big no no in my book.

If I am able to I could be transfering KITTs reg on to the new car, it will have no meaning on the new car (not like it did with KITT) but at least I will still own it.

Thumbs up from me, I had my number plate (which was bought for me by my Hubby) before we got married and I changed my name. It begins K9, cause we've got dogs and the last three letters are the beginning of my maiden name.

I like it cause it gives me my identity and the car looks cool. He bought it from regtranfers, they're very good and give you the whole cost with nothing hidden.

Just a word of warning though, my plate's been on 3 different cars now, it costs a bit if you keep transferring it all the time. Will be keeping my Roadster for a while!

Number plates rock!

ATT3874042.jpg

I can't decide whether to go for new style or old style....

Found EM** EJM for a rather good price, which is obviously a new style plate, or M*** EJM. I'm kinda leaning towards the older style though I think....

I discussed it with my Dad and he thinks its a really good idea as I can keep the plate and transfer it if I want to - I trust my Dads judgment above anyone else, so if he says its good, then its good! The only thing he mentioned was what JJ did and what if I got married and changed my surname (EJM are my initials) and I just said I'd have to marry someone who's surname started with "M" :lol::lol:

Or be a tragic spinster forever.... the choice is mine! :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links