Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replaced T180 Leaks Just Like Old One!

stuartp

Why not email this thread to Toyota GB ? When they see how unhappy you are and the fact that everyone else is hearing about your treatment from Toyota , they might do something about it .

Thanks for that ,I may just do as you say as it does seem from this thread that there are more than a few people unhappy with Toyota customer service!!

Hi. Not done this before but read your post and just had to say I feel for you StuartP & good luck with it. I too have had problems with Toyota. I had a brand new 55 reg RAV last of the line old shape XTR D4D. From the outset there were loads of rattles from just about everywhere, a gearbox and vibration problem along with some other problems. It went back to the dealers numerous times and they still didn't fix the problems, they did however, find things that should have been picked up in QC check in the factory and on PDI. I had never had a new car before and thought I would treat myself, it was such a special thing, let alone the 20k price tag. I was so upset and came up with the same wall of ignorance and arrogance from Toyota GB when I asked for a refund when the problems still were not fixed. After a few months of battling and just being fobbed off with everyone passing the buck I gave in and sold the car back to the garage at a loss to me. I have been a loyal Toyota customer for over 10 years, have sung their praises to everyone, in fact both my brother and sister bought Toyota's on the strength of my recommendation. Toyota need to take more care of their Customers and listen to us because even though they are a world leader they will not continue to be if they keep treating us as they are. Without us they have no business. No prizes for guessing who won't recommend Toyota to anyone, in fact just the opposite.

Wake up Toyota. :angry:

I am really surprised to here so many bad things about Toyota as when I picked the car up they made such a big deal about there second to none customer service??

They really don’t give a monkeys about the customer ,I for one have explained that only two weeks ago my mother died and being an only son have enough pressure on me with without this flaming car trouble ! But do they care, not one bit.

Tom70, unfortunately it's not just Toyota. My previous car was a Mazda Rx-8, there top of the range flagship model. Although I had not major problems with mine, lots of other people did, and when they complained, met a similar wall of apathy fro Mazda GB. The story is the same from Mercedes, when my brother had a problem with his gearbox on his 3 year and 3 days old, 20k miles, C class. They claimed it was him abusing it, even though it was an auto box!! (not to mention he drives like a granny!!) Not sure if there are many, if any, manufacturers (i'm talking run of the mill stuff, not RR, Bentleys etc) out there that have a CS to brag about.

Hi. Not done this before but read your post and just had to say I feel for you StuartP & good luck with it. I too have had problems with Toyota. I had a brand new 55 reg RAV last of the line old shape XTR D4D. From the outset there were loads of rattles from just about everywhere, a gearbox and vibration problem along with some other problems. It went back to the dealers numerous times and they still didn't fix the problems, they did however, find things that should have been picked up in QC check in the factory and on PDI. I had never had a new car before and thought I would treat myself, it was such a special thing, let alone the 20k price tag. I was so upset and came up with the same wall of ignorance and arrogance from Toyota GB when I asked for a refund when the problems still were not fixed. After a few months of battling and just being fobbed off with everyone passing the buck I gave in and sold the car back to the garage at a loss to me. I have been a loyal Toyota customer for over 10 years, have sung their praises to everyone, in fact both my brother and sister bought Toyota's on the strength of my recommendation. Toyota need to take more care of their Customers and listen to us because even though they are a world leader they will not continue to be if they keep treating us as they are. Without us they have no business. No prizes for guessing who won't recommend Toyota to anyone, in fact just the opposite.

Wake up Toyota. :angry:

I can quite understand your disappointment £20,000 is a lot of money and you are correct that Toyota should take more care of there customers and like you in the past I have recommended Toyota to family and friends I feel the treatment stuartp is receiving is not acceptable but unfortunately he will have to fight for what is right but it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth

Well Toyota have at last done the right thing and are giving me a full refund, but that now leaves me with no transport and not a clue what to get next??

I was hoping they would offer a replacement but I kind of figure they don’t want my custom anymore.

The T180 is a excellent car and I will miss it and am also tempted to go to another dealer and get another one ,but Toyota customer service has really got under my skin, and knowing my luck the 3rd one will leak as well.

So it’s out car hunting before they pick this one up, Freelander2 has just come out and so has the new CR-V but not to sure about either?

Stu

Freelander2 has just come out and so has the new CR-V but not to sure about either?

Stu

Personally I wouldn't go near a Freelander with their reliability record , Had a test drive in the new CRV a few weeks ago and while I though it was very nice , it just seemed a bit sterile if you know what I mean . Why not have a drive in a X-Trail , Supposed to be very good and gets decent reviews .

Freelander2 has just come out and so has the new CR-V but not to sure about either?

Stu

Personally I wouldn't go near a Freelander with their reliability record , Had a test drive in the new CRV a few weeks ago and while I though it was very nice , it just seemed a bit sterile if you know what I mean . Why not have a drive in a X-Trail , Supposed to be very good and gets decent reviews .

I believe the Nissan X trail is being replaced this year you may get a good price on one if you do not mind having the previous model

Stu

I believe the Nissan X trail is being replaced this year you may get a good price on one if you do not mind having the previous model

Yep the X-trail is being replaced( rather facelifted). If I was going for a replacement i would wait and have a defo look at the new Outlander(especially with 2 ltr VW TDI engine),to me it really is the rival to the Rav4. Don,t rate the Freelander2 at all.

Clare :)

Well done StuartP. Glad Toyota did right by you. :yahoo: It might not be too much comfort but at least the car has gone and you have had a full refund, so you haven't lost a great deal apart from sleep and some hair. You can start on the hunt again maybe get an old banger for now until you find just what you want, at least you don't have a lemon to try & get rid of. Good Luck & keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Tom

Glad to hear the good news.

New Outlander does look good, but it looks a bit cheap and plasticky inside, from the photos I've seen.

I do like the look of the new Freelander, but as has been said, they have a reputation!! And they are expensive!!

Sounds like Toyota customer service are not taking this very seriously. They should replace your vehicle and make recompense for all the trouble you've had. They weren't up to much when i was trying to get answers about the airbag deployment issue i raised with them. Hope it gets sorted. ( No leakage yet on my XT4, so is there some extra holes /gromets through the bulkhead on the 180?). Rich.

sorry, if you have an problem with your car, you should get an brand new one? Where does that happen?

I dont know about UK laws, but I know that in US, they have 3 tries or an month to fix an car.

Fact that they have him full refund tells a lot. They certainly didnt have to.

I know there is an TSB on water leaks on Rav4, however never had an customer return with an problem so it is definetly not happening to everyone.

My own Rav4 is pretty darn awesome :-).

p.s. there is an line off date for production "fix" for this issue, so stuart can go to an dealer and make sure his new T180 is done after that date, if he wants to buy another one.

I think giving service benefit of the doubt would have done wonders in this case.

Glad you have got a refund :) , but as you say you're now carless :( , i'm sure i mentioned this but get out to the newsagents and get a copy of 4X4 and MPV DRIVER magazine, they list all the new SUVs and all the new vehicles due out this year.

Your looking for the january issue with an orange VW on the cover.

Looking in the magazine the new Honda CRV has the best review, followed by the Hyundai Santa FE :) , good luck.

Glade you have got a refund :) , but as you say you're now carless :( , i'm sure i mentioned this but get out to the newsagents and get a copy of 4X4 and MPV DRIVER magazine, they list all the new SUVs and all the new vehicles due out this year.

Looking in the magazine the new Honda CRV has the best review, followed by the Hyundai Santa FE :) , good luck.

Thanks for that i will go out and get a copy.

I do like the look of the cr-v and its not to badly priced,but i have not had a chance to drive one ,and all of the car mags keep saying the freelander is the best of the bunch.

But its a rover and it is not cheap as people have pointed out before. ;)

Glade you have got a refund :) , but as you say you're now carless :( , i'm sure i mentioned this but get out to the newsagents and get a copy of 4X4 and MPV DRIVER magazine, they list all the new SUVs and all the new vehicles due out this year.

Thanks for that i will go out and get a copy.

I do like the look of the cr-v and its not to badly priced,but i have not had a chance to drive one ,and all of the car mags keep saying the freelander is the best of the bunch.

But its a rover and it is not cheap as people have pointed out before. ;)

Work colleague has just brought a new Hyundai Santa FE....and must say very nice car :thumbsup:

Diesel version and very quite and comfortable inside. If I was changing mine this would be on my list.

I switched from a Freelander to Rav4 in September.

My Freelander was a great car - comfortable, practical and reliable - no breakdowns in 4 1/2 years and 80000 miles. A diesel automatic, it returned a consistent 32mpg and, as I've said in another thread, tyres did 50k. Servicing was expensive from the main dealers, but a local garage with ex-dealer staff sorted that problem! I had a couple of fixes done - a new radiator during the warranty (a slow leak that meant topping up every month or so - nothing drastic and, had it not been under warranty, would have been fixed with a tin of Radweld) - and a dodgy plug in a wiring loom (dealer quoted >£400 to replace the loom - local garage soldered the connection for £60).

I was also buying a car for my wife at the same time - the diesel Yaris came top of the list for her so I gave the Rav4 a try - and really liked it. Until then, the CR-V had been at the top of my list. I work in QA and sometimes speak on Toyota's quality initiatives, so I thought I'd give their cars a try. It's also one of the least polluting SUVs, which was another plus point.

The new Freelander looks good and should be well worth a look. It should be one of the best in class for anyone looking to go off-road (mine did all I asked of it - forest trails, construction sites, fields, rivers - I don't need that now so the Rav4's more limited off road capability is fine). The new model wasn't available when I was looking and the dealer was more interested in shifting old stock than considering a buyer for the new model when it eventually arrived.

The new FL is probbaly a very good car. What does annoy me, though, are the magazines that have been writing comparisons - one (I can't quite recall which one) put the new Freelander ahead of the Rav4 on reliability on the grounds that it's being made in a new factory and it must better than the reputation of the old one.

You find yourself in the same boat as me. The dealer was offering to try for a refund but I didn't know what else I wanted.

I find the Outlander the nearest equivelent but it is launched with a 130 diesel with the 150 not being available until the end of the year.

I personally would not have a Land Rover until it has been out for a couple of years. They have never been any good and are now too closely related to Ford for my liking. Incidently, one of my colleagues recieved one brand new with the boot full of water if that helps you to decide.

Current Honda old fashioned (but well proven).

X Trail good but plagued with turbo problems.

New Santa Fe is good and the press rave about the engine.

Ther are still some very low (200 miles) XT5 4.2 models on the Toyota used car web site. That has to be the safest option :thumbsup:

Good luck.

You find yourself in the same boat as me. The dealer was offering to try for a refund but I didn't know what else I wanted.

I find the Outlander the nearest equivelent but it is launched with a 130 diesel with the 150 not being available until the end of the year.

I personally would not have a Land Rover until it has been out for a couple of years. They have never been any good and are now too closely related to Ford for my liking. Incidently, one of my colleagues recieved one brand new with the boot full of water if that helps you to decide.

Ther are still some very low (200 miles) XT5 4.2 models on the Toyota used car web site. That has to be the safest option :thumbsup:

Good luck.

Thanks,

As Steve was saying the car mags keep banging on about how brilliant the freelander2 is and that it will be more reliable than the rav, but it only came out in Dec so no one has had a chance for one to fall apart yet!!

On looks I would go for the freelander2 but I had a look around a dealer and little things on it worry me, the start/stop button rattles around in its casing like a cheap bit of plastic (the t180 start button does feel totally solid) and if you spec the freelander2 up to T180 level you are looking at £32000, which for my money is a little steep on something which could cause me more problems than the Rav.

It would be so easy to go and get another T180 it’s a great car ,looks good ,goes well and is full of kit, but and it’s a big but do I want to give my money to Toyota again?? :wacko:

Stuart

I was meaning the previous model but either way I know how you feel about giving Toyota your business.

I just wonder what is the best long term and aside from dual mass flywheels I have heard nothing bad about the old model.

I think the Freelander is without exception the nicest looking new 4X4 but I would be frightened to death of having it stood on my drive. They must go a very long way to establish themselves as a reliable vehicle before I would part with my money.

Maybe the Hyundai?

Keep us informed.

Regards

Another option to look at, the new Mitsubishi Outlander is a fine looking motor......

http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/newoutlander/

Your right it is a fine looking motor, only looks like they are doing manual versions though!

Yes the outlander looks pretty good, “what car” this month put it up against the freelander2 and cr-v and it came last?

Its not out till March I think, I wonder when the dealers will have any in the showrooms.

Stu

Good luck.

Thanks,

As Steve was saying the car mags keep banging on about how brilliant the freelander2 is and that it will be more reliable than the rav, but it only came out in Dec so no one has had a chance for one to fall apart yet!!

On looks I would go for the freelander2 but I had a look around a dealer and little things on it worry me, the start/stop button rattles around in its casing like a cheap bit of plastic (the t180 start button does feel totally solid) and if you spec the freelander2 up to T180 level you are looking at £32000, which for my money is a little steep on something which could cause me more problems than the Rav.

It would be so easy to go and get another T180 it’s a great car ,looks good ,goes well and is full of kit, but and it’s a big but do I want to give my money to Toyota again?? :wacko:

hey, they gave it back :-).

All german mags rate Rav4 the best against anyone... Autobild has had at least 5 different comparos to Vitara, new CRV, Santa Fe, Outlander, new Chevy/Opel, even new Passat 4x4 and guess who won every single one? :-)

I love mine to death. I hope new Auris will be as good in its class as Rav4 is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links