Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shooting.

daktari

I've recently rediscovered this sport. And it most definately is a sport. Maybe not the athletic variety but you certainly need an amount of skill and dedication. Dedication I've got in spadefuls but the skill is something else. Getting better though. :D Air rifles have come on in leaps and bounds since I were a lad. I started off anew with a BSA Lightning and have now progressed onto PCP (Pre Charged Pneumatics.) Awesome bit of kit and a tad on the pricey side if you go for top of the range stuff. Anybody contemplating it I suggest you get down to a local club and give it a try. Good fun and relatively cheap once you've got over the initial outlay.

Here's a few pics of my Collection

PICT0002.jpg

Top to Bottom.

Walther CP88 CO2 .177 8 shot.

BSA Hornet PCP .22 10 Shot

Webley Longbow Springer .22

Webley Vulcan Mk1 .22

BSAHORNETDESCRIPTION.jpg

Probably my favourite for general purpose use.

DAYSTATEX2DESCRIPTION.jpg

New toy For HFT (Hunter Field Target)

I used to be well in to hunting when i lived in the middle of nowhere in wales, got very good at it too! Fantastic looking kit there mate, that Daystate looks evil!

Some fine looking pieces there Dak :thumbsup:

Thanks Les..... Keeps me off the streets. :D

what do you hunt ?

I do a bit of vermin control at a couple of pig farms locally. ;)

I used to be well in to hunting when i lived in the middle of nowhere in wales, got very good at it too! Fantastic looking kit there mate, that Daystate looks evil!

It is. :yes: Blindingly accurate too. It'll perform a lot better than I ever will. :crybaby:

A mate of mine goes out every Sunday morning to a local farm and does 'pest control' from pigeons to rats to rabbits...

Couple of years back a woman heard some shooting as she was walking her dog... she continued on till she saw his car with a gun case on the back seat and called the police!

Poor sod was stopped in the middle of the street on his way home in his car where the police had blocked off the road and the armed response unit jumped out and had numerous guns pointed at him! :lol:

He came out of his car and he was in his full camoflage (sp) gear and was told to kiss the kurb while he was cuffed and taken back to the police station...

Ohh how his friends (me and some mates) laughed when he told us about this later! :lol:

A mate of mine goes out every Sunday morning to a local farm and does 'pest control' from pigeons to rats to rabbits...

Couple of years back a woman heard some shooting as she was walking her dog... she continued on till she saw his car with a gun case on the back seat and called the police!

Poor sod was stopped in the middle of the street on his way home in his car where the police had blocked off the road and the armed response unit jumped out and had numerous guns pointed at him! :lol:

He came out of his car and he was in his full camoflage (sp) gear and was told to kiss the kurb while he was cuffed and taken back to the police station...

Ohh how his friends (me and some mates) laughed when he told us about this later! :lol:

You'd be surprised how many times that happens. Shows the sad state of the world I suppose. :( I can remember when we were kids (Vaguely remember anyway) we were always out with air rifles and pistols. No one thought anything of it back then. Also I guess a lot of the air guns nowadays have a certain 'tactical' look to them, which could make the casual observer think it was something a little more lethal. :eek:

Unfortunately, air rifle use, or more to the point misuse is too much in the news nowadays. Always idiots shooting anything that moves. It's getting the sport and sensible owners/enthusiast a bad reputation. So don't worry guys, It's not just petrol heads that get frowned upon. :rolleyes:

Customice..... I'm not ignoring you mate. Just don't like talking about hunting or vermin control on a non shooting site. People can be a bit sensitive about it. ;) :thumbsup:

No worries Daktari, I know exactly what you mean!

It is such a shame though that these cretins that shoot people with airguns can get hold of them! But restricting their sale would be seen as another infringement by the state. Shame.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got a double barrelled Remington shotgun at home (Dad's house) locked away in the cellar... I used to go clay pigeon shooting with him and his friends, was great fun... not sure I could shoot a live thing tho

Ive got a double barrelled Remington shotgun at home (Dad's house) locked away in the cellar... I used to go clay pigeon shooting with him and his friends, was great fun... not sure I could shoot a live thing tho

Good girl. :thumbsup: Interestingly there are a lot of top class competitors who are women. I had a go at that clay pigeon malarky a few months ago. Seriously good fun. I'm currently umming and ahhing over getting a SGC. Nice to have, and to participate, but I'm not sure if I have the time or commitment when there are so many other things going on at present. As for the shooting of live quarry??? Depends. If you only shoot what you can/will eat, or it's for pest control purposes. Then I have no qualms whatsoever. What I do have a problem with is people who will quite happily spend £2K for a half day pheasant shoot. Mindless killing IMO. Requiring very little skill and serves no useful purpose. :ffs: Bunch of :censor: s ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I have an old Weirauch......

And a trusty 12 bore :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links