Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Girl - Celica Convertible / Advice / Q?

Sunshine77

HI there!

New on this site! I'm after some advice really.

I have a 1997 Celica Convertible - I've had it for over 7 years and love it to bits. However the time has come to sell :- (.

Where would be the best place to sell and what should I be looking at in terms of £££??

THANK YOU - any advice welcome!

SS

won't hurt to put it on the pistonheads website as well (it's free), that's how I sold my celica.

Not sure what you should ask for it, don't know if the rare-ness of the convertables pushes the price up or not.

Welcome to the club

Try a few magazines that feature similar cars to yours such as the Japanese ones, a lot of them do free advertisements & with your car being pretty rare it should sell pretty easily, depending on price & condition etc

Another point actually, if you can, you may want to hold off until Spring (when the weather improves), just thinking with it being a convertable. Don't think many people will look at convertables much in the winter. Probably be a lot easier to sell it when the weather improves.

Thanks everyone!!! Good tip about waiting a couple of months!

The problem I have with autotrader and the other sites I've looked at is that its incredibly hard to find one with a similar spec to get a realistic quote.

Don't want to be ripped off by a dealer either :- )

won't hurt to put it on the pistonheads website as well (it's free), that's how I sold my celica.

Not sure what you should ask for it, don't know if the rare-ness of the convertables pushes the price up or not.

I have a 98 UK convertible, glass price guide was £5820 however seller was asking 6500, and i was happy to pay that cos I was in love with the car.

Think when you have a rare care like that...which they are...you can hold out for the price you want. Have seen a few cheaper imports around, but I'm happy with what I got. And I bought mine in November, had the top down loads. Don't think it matters what time of year you sell it. A true fan will buy it whatever time of year! Hope it goes to a good home!!

Am a member of a celica forum too if you want details. There is a for sale section on there. PM me if you need info.

Nicki

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links