Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extended Warranty...part 2

Dane

My car is 3 yrs old at the end of January so, I go onto Mr T’s web site on Monday 15th Jan to look at his extended warranty prices. The price list is dated Jan 1st 2006 and shows a fee of £595 for my Avensis on a 2 yr warranty.

Tues 16th. I took my car into my local dealer for it’s first MOT and, whilst there, asked for information about Mr Ts extended warranty. I was given a Toyota pamphlet which included, amongst other things the price list and a short run down of what was and was not covered. On the price list it says Retail Warranty Prices - Effective 1st Jan 2006…..The fee for my car again £595.

Thurs 18th I ring my local dealer (who, at this point I must add is as good as gold)

To take out Mr Ts warranty for 2 yrs at a fee of £595.

Fri 19th, I get a very apologetic phone call first thing from my dealer telling me that the price for the warranty had risen from the 1st Jan and was now £620 for 2 yrs, a rise of £25. I told the lady from the dealership that, even though it was not her fault, I was not best pleased at this news.

I went back onto the warranty page of Mr Ts web site the prices shown were still effective from 1st Jan 2006.

I rang Mr T’s customer relations and a very charming lady took my details and said someone would get back to me. Checked Mr T’s web site again at 11 am, still 1st Jan 2006.

Late Fri afternoon I got a phone call back from Toyota from one of the nastiest women I have ever had to deal with. She told me in no uncertain terms that Mr T would NOT honour the price I had been quoted or indeed shown on his web site, nor even meet me halfway on the price increase even though it was Mr T’s error. There was no apology, not even a thank you for pointing out their web page error. She even had the gall to try and put the onus onto my dealer (lets face it, my dealer can only work with the info he gets from Toyota, can't he!!!)

I was angered by her attitude and told her I would be putting this story on the TOC to which she replied “that’s your prerogative, goodbye”.

4.30pm the web page has been updated to Retail Warranty Prices - Effective 1st Jan 2007

I really thought that Mr T would have been grateful to someone for pointing out their mistake, obviously not.

MR T. you make very good cars but some of your Customer Relations advisors leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry about the length of this post folks.

:censor: :censor: :censor: I have read your comments and quite a few others on Avensis and Rav4 sites about the attitude of Toyota Customer Relations.

My first encounter was when my new Rav had a speedometer which was proved to read over by more than 10% at 70 mph. I was informed by Toyota Technical via customer relations that they would not do anything about it as it was performing within industry guidelines of + or - 10% , when I contacted customer services explained situation and asked if they could help the answer was " we are not technical and only act on information given by our technical dept"

I then asked if it was in the remit of customer relations to help with a goodwill gesture or to authorise replacement of faulty speedometer or sensor, the reply was "that is not what we are here for, good afternoon" and ended call.

I then submitted a set of readings and printout obtained by a calibrated (for which I have current certificate) speed detector at 60,70 and 80 mph at a race circuit which I attend as an MSA Scrutineer.

Toyota Customer Relations then changed the rules to 10% plus 3 mph which brought the 70 figure within limit. Still reads almost 95 at 80.

Story ended as 05 Rav will be replaced with a New 2,2 Honda CRV very shortly. I like new model Rav T180 but have noted a few problems on forum and would not trust Toyota to help if one occured.

All models can have faults, its how you deal with them that counts.

All models can have faults, its how you deal with them that counts.

Never a truer word said.

I'm still having loads of trouble with girlfriends MR2. Jemca Colindale replaced 2 oxygen sensors then replaced short block, engine is now rattling like a bag of nails. Took it to another Toyota garage and they said its also losing oil and coolant. Called Colindale they said they've done what they can, its under warranty so take it to another Toyota garage.

That is just such a wrong way to treat customers.

My car is 3 yrs old at the end of January so, I go onto Mr T’s web site on Monday 15th Jan to look at his extended warranty prices. The price list is dated Jan 1st 2006 and shows a fee of £595 for my Avensis on a 2 yr warranty.

Tues 16th. I took my car into my local dealer for it’s first MOT and, whilst there, asked for information about Mr Ts extended warranty. I was given a Toyota pamphlet which included, amongst other things the price list and a short run down of what was and was not covered. On the price list it says Retail Warranty Prices - Effective 1st Jan 2006…..The fee for my car again £595.

Thurs 18th I ring my local dealer (who, at this point I must add is as good as gold)

To take out Mr Ts warranty for 2 yrs at a fee of £595.

Fri 19th, I get a very apologetic phone call first thing from my dealer telling me that the price for the warranty had risen from the 1st Jan and was now £620 for 2 yrs, a rise of £25. I told the lady from the dealership that, even though it was not her fault, I was not best pleased at this news.

I went back onto the warranty page of Mr Ts web site the prices shown were still effective from 1st Jan 2006.

I rang Mr T’s customer relations and a very charming lady took my details and said someone would get back to me. Checked Mr T’s web site again at 11 am, still 1st Jan 2006.

Late Fri afternoon I got a phone call back from Toyota from one of the nastiest women I have ever had to deal with. She told me in no uncertain terms that Mr T would NOT honour the price I had been quoted or indeed shown on his web site, nor even meet me halfway on the price increase even though it was Mr T’s error. There was no apology, not even a thank you for pointing out their web page error. She even had the gall to try and put the onus onto my dealer (lets face it, my dealer can only work with the info he gets from Toyota, can't he!!!)

I was angered by her attitude and told her I would be putting this story on the TOC to which she replied “that’s your prerogative, goodbye”.

4.30pm the web page has been updated to Retail Warranty Prices - Effective 1st Jan 2007

I really thought that Mr T would have been grateful to someone for pointing out their mistake, obviously not.

MR T. you make very good cars but some of your Customer Relations advisors leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry about the length of this post folks.

Hi Dane, i have the warrenty booklet from my local dealer in front of me as i type (as i've just taken out a 2 year extended warrenty myself ), your car like mine is now 3 years old so the pricing for the extended warrenty is for a vehicle between 3 to 7 years old, the price for that as a low user is £655.00 and that was the price i was expecting to pay.

The surprise i got at the dealer was although i'm taking out a warranty for a 3 year plus old car, the fact i've done the paperwork for it a week before the vehicles original warranty runs out ,i was quote a price of £620.00 which i felt was a bit of a result.

The wording on the warreny price guide reads Vehicle up to 3 years old £595.00 , Vehicle 3 to 7 years old..£655.00, the way i see it is you've had the same good result i've had.....yes :g: .

I think you have mis-understood the situation Bob King. My whole point is that when I applied to take out the warranty the price on the Toyota web site was £595 this was confirmed on the price list given to me by my dealer. I took out the warranty and a couple of days later got a phone call from my dealer informing me that the price had risen to £620. I rang Toyota the same day to tell them that their web prices were incorrect but all I got for my trouble from the 2nd Toyota Customer Relations advisor I spoke to was nothing short of sheer nastiness....and I am still £25 out of pocket. (By the way, my car isn't 3 yrs old until the end of Jan)

Has anyone got the address of Toyota head office in Japan?

I think you have mis-understood the situation Bob King. My whole point is that when I applied to take out the warranty the price on the Toyota web site was £595 this was confirmed on the price list given to me by my dealer. I took out the warranty and a couple of days later got a phone call from my dealer informing me that the price had risen to £620. I rang Toyota the same day to tell them that their web prices were incorrect but all I got for my trouble from the 2nd Toyota Customer Relations advisor I spoke to was nothing short of sheer nastiness....and I am still £25 out of pocket. (By the way, my car isn't 3 yrs old until the end of Jan)

Has anyone got the address of Toyota head office in Japan?

Well i have no intention of getting into an argument over it, as i was just giving my thoughts on the subject. ... i hope you get the satisfaction you're after :) .

It's not a mistake, it's a criminal offence.

I work in retail and there are DTI pricing indication guidelines for traders.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/buying-sel...s/page7848.html

http://www.dti.gov.uk/consumers/fact-sheets/page24699.html

Here is the PDF document Code of Practice for Traders on Price Indications pdf (134Kb)

http://www.dti.gov.uk/files/file8127.pdf

so you can shove it in their face :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links