Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Ipsum - Lost All The Keys

Penfold

I have a colleague with an Ipsum (grey import Picnic). He has been waiting for his local autoshop to sort out a new blank key for weeks but they kept telling him to come back next week. Anyway, his wife has just lost the remaining key and the car is now stranded at the kerb. :ffs:

Generally the recovery process, as I understand it, is to get the car towed to Mr T, where they will replace the engine management and issue new keys.

As it is a grey import Mr T-GB is being a bit xenophobic about the situation. Mr T-GB has referred said colleague to Mr T-J, whose phone only works Tue- Fri. (customer service - where.....) :censor:

Has anyone suffered this fate before and how did they get out if the problem without spending wedges of cash? Any help appreciated. :thumbsup:

Divorce her :thumbsup:

Sorry - he likes his women too much. Otherwise he'd be driving an MX5 B)

Although he did start building a new patio last night......

Sorry - he likes his women too much. Otherwise he'd be driving an MX5 B)

Ouch :boxed:

Although he did start building a new patio last night......

Lol.

I'm sorry you haven't found an answer yet, best of luck :thumbsup:

just to let you know.

He spoke to green flag who gave him the name of a couple of firms who deal in opening cars when this happens. Company quoted him £275 to open car, issue new key and reprogram system.

What happened was the guy turned up 4hrs late. Opened the car in a minute using a small balloon and piece of wire. He took the lock barrel out of the door and cut a new key to match (in the back of his van). As the alarm/immobiliser is a VIPER unit and not built into the ECU he simply cut out the wiring to the alarm. He still charged £275 though :angry:

At least he has his car back, with a key from which he can get another duplicate. All he needs to do now is fit a new alarm system and finish grouting the patio - quicklime should do the trick :)

Thanks for the moral support.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links