Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Ordered

G79

I agree, the Auris is limited in colour schemes, although I prefer black, it is not available on the TR model!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• G79

• kian

• MarcTS

• nicola_wolves

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way... thats another storage area... :P I so did not know that... I thought it was another fan outlet or something hehehe :rolleyes:

I read somewhere there's an overhead storage area.. although I don't remember seeing one??

I did get a brouchure... but it doesn't explain everything the Auris has... it was their prelimanary brochure... so I don't know everything the car has to offer... but I like :yes:

What else am I missing? Grrrr I really want my car... like now!! I want to play with it :drool: lmao :bookworm:

I tried to get black.. but they said I would have to wait till April :(

The point of the TR is to only give it limited options... the reason for this is to try and encourage people who want something with more options to go for the T3.. even though the T3 is amied more at the Business market!

Lets have an easter egg hunt :) Oh Kian... I think you and I are going to be the main posters in this forum as thier doesn't seem to be any1 else buying one (well not on this forum)

G

Oh Kian... I think you and I are going to be the main posters in this forum as thier doesn't seem to be any1 else buying one (well not on this forum)

G

I am waiting to see what the three door looks like ;)

Auris has smaller back seat and smaller trunk? Since when?

Also, 2.0D4D is wonderfully lag free diesel :P

I have to agree with this. I'm just back from 70 or so miles of mixed driving in exactly the spec G79 has ordered and the engine was fantastically smooth with next to no lag (drive a stock Mk1 Yaris D-4D and compare - I've minimalised it a fair bit on mine)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the shift light(s) yet. I'm still not sure if it was nannying or just a funky toy.

I loved the gear knob and the shift action - short and precise despite the demo car not even having 500 miles on it yet) and although I liked the exterior grey ("Decuma") I abhorred the furry beige interior that come with that colour on the TSpirit.

Great car and what over 90% of the population should buy and will want to buy. Just not sure its for me... :unsure:

A

edit: The killer for me was when I reached the half-way point in my test circuit '(Aberfeldy) and though "Sma' Glen or A9?" and chose A9. Don't get me wrong, the Auris is more than competent (nicely weighted steering, loads of grip, smooth power delivery, fabulous gearshift, little body roll and a fine ride/handling balance) it just didn't have much soul... :S

Woohoo more people are starting to post :D

I would like to to say (in my defence :) ) I have only been driving a car for 7 months or so... before that I rode a motorbike for 3 years so I appoligise for any of my personal oppinions. I was just stating what I thought! Maybe the car doesn't have any lag, but I felt it did, I felt that (compared to my 1.4 Rolla) when I put my foot down there was a slight delay in the pickup. Now this is probably a difference between petrol and diesel, but not ever having drivin a diesel I would not know :( Personally, I really am happy with the performance of the Auris (otherwise I wouldnt have bought one lol :rolleyes: ) I love the car... I want to make love to the car hahaha :wub::blush::bag::clap::driving: :lol2: Ok im a bit drunk :laughing: But the truth is... I really do like the car.

I have to say... I love the beige interoir, I think it gives the car a certain class... you always get the gloomy grey interior on standard cars, and having this lighter interior gives the car a certain life.

I would love to know who else has ordered obe.

Im going to sign off now, so peace out :D

G

I would like to to say (in my defence :) ) I have only been driving a car for 7 months or so... before that I rode a motorbike for 3 years so I appoligise for any of my personal oppinions. I was just stating what I thought! Maybe the car doesn't have any lag, but I felt it did, I felt that (compared to my 1.4 Rolla) when I put my foot down there was a slight delay in the pickup.

G

You have nothing to appologise. :thumbsup: I think you're right.The diesel lag is making me :yawn: ,that's one of the reasons i don't drive diesel.But that's my personal choice.I'm wondering why you choose the diesel and not the 1.6 Dual vvt-i.It's interesting.I read that the new 1.6 Dual vvt-i is very smooth,quiet and nippy engine/without any lag/ :P .

Hi Lexus,

I went for the Diesel because of consumption... I do alot of millage and wanted to get as many MPG as possible, plus I wanted something with a wee bit of poke on top... hence the 2.0 D4D. The only draw back to deisels is the fact the service costs are a lil bit more expensive :( But I'm thinking of signing up to their new service pre-pay plan, I'll find out more details closer to the time.

G

this can be remedied with a dump valve which will allow the Turbo to keep spining when you change gear (as it dumps the old stale air out allowing fresh air in).

no it wont. on a derv its nothing but cosmtic, only thing thatll cure the lag on a diesel is smaller boost pressure or a smaller turbo, but thats just the way turbo diesels are, nowt, then everything, then change gear, no avoiding it, best way to make up for it is to make the all singing part summit worthwhile.

bovs dont even make much difference in petrol turbos, only really needed when your talkin high boost pressure.

Damn thing, I wasn't notified of any replies ah well, just as well haven't had my computer with me all weekend.

My test drive didn't seem to have any problems, other than getting used to using the paddles on the steering wheel to change the damn gears! I have been driving for 8 years, and have had a mixture of cars, all been petrol engines though.

I too was thinking about the pre pay thingo for the servicing, Mr. Tee said he would go through some figures once I go collect the car.

I still have not heard from Mr. Tee regarding the number plate, I guess I will call him tomorrow/tuesday, may have been very busy over the weekend.

Oh G...If you do insist on 'making love to your Auris'.....make sure the exhaust is cold!!!! otherwise you may burn off your :censor: :crybaby:

Oh dear... the effects of alchol really did take their toll with me on that earlier post :blink: I think I had way too much to drink that eveining :beer: ... or should I say morning as it was about like nearly 3am :wacko:

Don't sound too good on the ol number plate front... you should get on to them... although they probably won't have any decent plates (as I think the DVLA are greedy wee monkeys), but still, you might get somethin personal to you.

Hahaha.... as for the exhuast been cold, I think I'll give the whole love makin thing a miss :blush::bag:

Ye, should be interesting to see how much these services work out as, and how much a month we'll have to pay. Only 3 and a half weeks or so to go lol :D

G

Just a quick note - the overhead storage is where the interior map light is in the middle, push a button and a compartment pops down (for sunglasses I guess).

:thumbsup:

Plus with the 007 ish number plates ...... I think the DVLA will hold onto these and sell them at higher prices, dont you ;)

Hi DaveSR,

Cool... the Auris seems to have so much storage space its unbelievable :D :D

Ye, damn them at the DVLA... greedy mofos :ffs: lol I looked on the DVLA website and a 007 plate are going for anything from £1,500 to £2,500.... as if they don't make enough money as it is.. sheesh.. although... I was looking at GF07 GAV and thats only £399.. not bad really.

Cheers :thumbsup:

G

G'day fellow Aurians? My Mrs. Tee has been trying to contact me all day, tried to call back but was getting through to Inchcape Kia!!!! I spoke to Mr Tee, he said that Mrs. Tee had been trying to call me regarding the registration number, but had now left for the day.

Will need to call her tomorrow regarding the reg.

Can't believe there are so many hiding spaces, or more 'junk holes' depending how messy you are.

Hey there Kian,

Sounds like a load of tripe to me mateo, sheesh... they'll probably tell you had some wicked number plate but someone else took it grr :ffs: hope you get a good plate (unlike mine :( )

G

Auris has smaller back seat and smaller trunk? Since when?

Also, 2.0D4D is wonderfully lag free diesel :P

I have to agree with this. I'm just back from 70 or so miles of mixed driving in exactly the spec G79 has ordered and the engine was fantastically smooth with next to no lag (drive a stock Mk1 Yaris D-4D and compare - I've minimalised it a fair bit on mine)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the shift light(s) yet. I'm still not sure if it was nannying or just a funky toy.

I loved the gear knob and the shift action - short and precise despite the demo car not even having 500 miles on it yet) and although I liked the exterior grey ("Decuma") I abhorred the furry beige interior that come with that colour on the TSpirit.

Great car and what over 90% of the population should buy and will want to buy. Just not sure its for me... :unsure:

A

edit: The killer for me was when I reached the half-way point in my test circuit '(Aberfeldy) and though "Sma' Glen or A9?" and chose A9. Don't get me wrong, the Auris is more than competent (nicely weighted steering, loads of grip, smooth power delivery, fabulous gearshift, little body roll and a fine ride/handling balance) it just didn't have much soul... :S

I guess it did not break down on you then :-)... that would give it some italian character :P.

I think main reason he thought diesel is laggy is because he isnt used to it... when it comes to turbo diesels, new 2.0 D4D is very much lag free.

I will test drive it in 15 days or so, so we will see...

I had Corolla TS... loved it to bits, it had a lot of character but also had its own quirks that Auris seems to have sold. I am sure that if you drop it and darken the back windows, it will look tops.

My Corolla sure did, despite everyone calling it bland in newspapers, whenever I drove around, everyone looked...

spwolfx I like your style... ur read my mind, 25% tint on the front sides and rear windows with 100% tint on the rear side windows... I ordered the style pack so I've got the spoiler... going to order the front spoiler from TRD and get the rear mud flaps colour coded and some side skirts (any1 know if Rolla side skirts will fit??) and I know it will look very nice :D :D

Your right, I've never driven a Diesel, let alone a turbo deisel, like I said I've only had a car for 7 months (my 1.4 T3 Rolla), before that I rode a motorbike :crutchy: and yes in the three years I rode I had over 4-5 crashes... none of which were my fault.. just down to other (car) road users not paying attention (although even though it was their fault, maybe partly my fault for not assuming that every1 else on the road is a hazard). But I am very happy with this motor.. not too sure if I should really be jumping into a 2l Turbo Diesel only having spent 7 months in car.. but then I think my 3 years of motorbike experince has given me such an insight into the road, its unreal.. if I had my way.. I think everyone should ride a motorbike before they drive a car.. hell.. I even rode my motorbike in the snow :D :D now that was fun :D :D

G

I finally spoke to Mrs Tee. The car still has an ETA of 1st March, but that is still to the dealers, this can change to an earlier or later date as my car is being shipped from Japan! she claimed she knew this from the Chassis number, if the car is made in the UK then the chassis begins with S, if from Japan, the chassis begins with J.

I have been allocated a registration plate which is RK07 *** but this could still change, as if the delivery will be after the 1st March, Toyota will have more of a choice of 07 plates. Apparently they are restricted to what they can issue at the moment as they still have 56 plates which can be registered, from the 1st of March, DVLA then issue more.

From delivery to the dealer, there is usually a 3-4 day turn around before the customer acctually gets the car.

A certificate has been sent to me with the above reg, but Mrs. Tee said not to sign it just yet as I could get a much better reg.

Hi Kian,

Wow.. your getting your car shipped from Japan, erm, that sounds rather strange, why on earth are they doing that? Surely that's going to cost the dealership alot more money?

Glad to hear you've got a plate... were the last three letters any good? I find it rather strange what they are saying about the 56 plates and the fact they got allocated more plates in March, but hey.. maybe you'll get the plate you want if you hang on :thumbsup:

I haven't heard anything from my Mr T :( No confirmation of delivery date, no confirmation of my Reg plate... nout :crybaby: It's going to be an interesting month, I'm moving into a new flat end of this month/begining of next month and should hopefully have my car around the same time woop woop :yahoo: and next week I should be hearing back about a new job... I'm going to be a busy lil bee :yes:

G

I finally spoke to Mrs Tee. The car still has an ETA of 1st March, but that is still to the dealers, this can change to an earlier or later date as my car is being shipped from Japan! she claimed she knew this from the Chassis number, if the car is made in the UK then the chassis begins with S, if from Japan, the chassis begins with J.

Oh..................you must be going to get one of Toyotas "Special" cars then ;) , shipped all the way from Japan to test the rustproofing against the cruel sea ;) :lol:

Are you really sure that it is coming from Japan or are you being told porkies?

Oh..................you must be going to get one of Toyotas "Special" cars then ;) , shipped all the way from Japan to test the rustproofing against the cruel sea ;) :lol:

Are you really sure that it is coming from Japan or are you being told porkies?

Lol, I have no idea, if it is being shipped from Japan, lets hope it does not sink like that ship the other week, otherwise I'll be on the beach collecting it in person along with some other stuff.

I've got postal confirmation from Mrs Tee, confirming the allocated reg and chassis number. Does not say where it was bult tho.

Kian

My last Yaris was shipped from Japan - weird as it was identical spec (although not in detail....) to my current one. 12 weeks I waited for it because I wanted black. Shame it only lasted 8 months :(

Easy way to check on porkies is indeed the VIN number...

spwolfx, not interested in cars that break down, just ones that make me want to drive them more than I already have to ;)

A

I'm with Kian.. I want it now too... oh ye an my car lol :D

G

I might hijack the QE2 (Only kidding) and intercept my car on the open waters, take my car and bring it home.

Careful what you say Kian, you might get the Armed response unit banging down your door.. you know what the old bill are like... they'll belive anything :D

Did they say why they were shipping it in from Japan? Don't know if your interested but I found a company offering a front lip spoiler for the Auris for about £120, and their doing lowering springs, 17" alloys and a few other bits. No sidekirts as of yet, but I'm going to measure the rolla side and the auris side, see if the rolla side skirts will fit the auris :rolleyes:

G

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links