Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pedal

Chris81

Please could you help me out with a problem I've had since I bought my Yaris. Basically, after the car has been driven for a couple of miles, the clutch pedal starts to feel rough, like its sticking a little bit (only for a few split seconds) both when depressed and released, throughout the entire length of the travel, although the points at which it feels unsmooth change all the time. It feels like something needs lubricating as there's a squeaking sound which accompanies the unsmooth feeling.

I've been back to my dealers what feels like a million times. They claim to have changed the pedal, pedal bushes, the clutch master cylinder and applied grease but despite all this it's still the same. They've washed their hands of me now and say there's nothing else they can do. The car is still totally driveable, however I don't think the clutch pedal is meant to be like this. Is your clutch pedal the same???

Thanks for the replies guys but its definitely not the mats. As for a clutch cable, Yari don't have a clutch ratchet and cable assembly - they are hydraulic.

Mine did the same thing for a while... Toyota bled the whole hydraulics system and replaced my clutch plate... no problems since.

Cheers for the reply - my garage said they'd checked the clutch pressure plate but that there was nothing wrong with it so they wouldn't replace it. Is this the same part you had changed on yours?

"my garage said they'd checked the clutch pressure plate but that there was nothing wrong with it so they wouldn't replace it"

Hmm

Seems unlikely they removed the gearbox to CHECK it..

And you can check it ONLY by doing that..

So ask how they checked it....

And if they DID remove the gearbox it makes NO sense not to replace it.. cos of the labour..

Sound like porkies to me...

Cheers for your reply Madasafish - The explanation I got at the time was that they ordered a clutch pressure plate in, took mine apart but then didn't replace it because, upon inspection there was nothing wrong with mine, so they couldn't return it to Toyota HQ and then claim the new part on warranty.

Anyway, it means that they haven't solved my problem. So much for Toyota's dealer reputation!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links