Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Calling All Vigo Owners

Hi to all,

Obtained a vigo 3.0 G auto before christmas,very impressed,smooth,comfortable & goes like :censor: of a shovel.The only problem is getting information on the beast (no owners manual).The local toyota dealer sold me one for a 2.5 uk model very helpful NOT.

Can anyone help with the following :

Service intervals when and wot? (ive read in a forum somewhere about a 600 mile service, fluid change & head bolt retorque is this true mines done 2k)

Does anyone have an owners manual in any format book or disc that i can have a copy of (for a small fee of course.)

Is 4 wheel drive advisable on dry roads. :unsure:

thanks in advance topo

Hi topo

You can obtain an English Owners Manual for the Hilux Vigo from pickupstyling.co.uk (£25 +P&P)

With the new synthetic oils,service intervals are now much longer than with the old models(6000miles).

Someone told me that 20,000 miles between oil changes is OK.

I have had an oil change & filter at 12500 miles as this is an easy interval to remember.

With the modern engines they don't seem to bother with fluid changes & head bolt torqueing any more. It seems that you just get in and drive!!!

Refs 4 wheel drive on dry roads it seems that this is not a problem with the new Vigo. (There are no warnings in the handbook about not doing it). Unlike the old model where it was a big No! No!

I think there has been big changes in the centre transfer box.

I have read somewhere that the new Vigo has ADD (Auto Disconnect Differential) but I am not sure if this is on all models.

Hope this helps

Tony

Hi topo

You can obtain an English Owners Manual for the Hilux Vigo from pickupstyling.co.uk (£25 +P&P)

With the new synthetic oils,service intervals are now much longer than with the old models(6000miles).

Someone told me that 20,000 miles between oil changes is OK.

I have had an oil change & filter at 12500 miles as this is an easy interval to remember.

With the modern engines they don't seem to bother with fluid changes & head bolt torqueing any more. It seems that you just get in and drive!!!

Refs 4 wheel drive on dry roads it seems that this is not a problem with the new Vigo. (There are no warnings in the handbook about not doing it). Unlike the old model where it was a big No! No!

I think there has been big changes in the centre transfer box.

I have read somewhere that the new Vigo has ADD (Auto Disconnect Differential) but I am not sure if this is on all models.

Hope this helps

Tony

Cheers tony big help :thumbsup:

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all,

Obtained a vigo 3.0 G auto before christmas,very impressed,smooth,comfortable & goes like :censor: of a shovel.The only problem is getting information on the beast (no owners manual).The local toyota dealer sold me one for a 2.5 uk model very helpful NOT.

Can anyone help with the following :

Service intervals when and wot? (ive read in a forum somewhere about a 600 mile service, fluid change & head bolt retorque is this true mines done 2k)

Does anyone have an owners manual in any format book or disc that i can have a copy of (for a small fee of course.)

Is 4 wheel drive advisable on dry roads. :unsure:

thanks in advance topo

HI topo, i am in thailand where toyota offer a handbook for the vigo in english ( i also own a 3-0 d4d ) i will check on the price for you,. in answer to your other questions i had a free 600 mile servive, ive not heard about the head retorque and would be surprised if its true,. you can drive in 4 wheel drive in dry conditions with no problem, however fuel economy and tyre wear will suffer and you will have less lock on the steering,i hope this helps,... can you or anyone else tell me how to post a pic on this site ,i am a vigo nut and also an accessory dealer for them,.. thanks, mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links