Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 Vvti Bhp

fish6634

i am looking into getting one of these and i am just wondering if anyone ones the bhp?

i know its going to be pretty low but what like to find out how the "go" and if i could live with one long term.

thanks

68bhp

On both 4 cylinder and 3 cylinder 1.0 litres I beleive.

0-60 in

13.6 secs (4 cylinder old Yaris) (When new)

14.5 secs (3 cylinder new Yaris) (Heavier car)

Stacks up well against the 1.2l Corsa boys

carfolio.com is useful website to check out for these sort of things.

I may have to correct you there slightly my old chum!

1.0 litre 16 valve VVT-i DOHC maximum output is 64 bhp @ 6000 revs (this answers my own question on the T Sport about the revs!)

Top speed 96 mph

0 to 62 mph 13.6 seconds

Engine: 1SZ-FE

:thumbsup:

(Taken from the Yaris brochure)

According to Parkers, it depends on what model it is. By the look of it, the 1.0 phase 1's had 67 bhp, with the phase 2's having 64

CLICKY :thumbsup:

... 64 bhp @ 6000 revs (this answers my own question on the T Sport about the revs!)

No neccesarily as it is a different series of engine to yours so you would need to look at the quote in the tsport brochure :thumbsup:

68 iirc

mines a phase 2 1.0 and i had 115 out of her when she was completely, absolutely standard, tyres an all! and that was with 5 fellas in the car and some stuff in the boot lmao...

96mph my **** lol...

68 iirc

mines a phase 2 1.0 and i had 115 out of her when she was completely, absolutely standard, tyres an all! and that was with 5 fellas in the car and some stuff in the boot lmao...

96mph my **** lol...

Mind it was going off the end of a cliff at the time. Funnily enough on the same day it did 115-0mph in under 1 second too. :eek:

68 iirc

96mph my **** lol...

I say thats very much speedo error if you saw that speed! :eek: LOL

In fairness top speeds only real limit is gearing as going down a hill the power of the engine is unimportant! O yeah and then bung in error!

68 iirc

96mph my **** lol...

Yeah, I, erm, know some1 who had my old 1.0 GS showing 111 once, there was a bit in reserve too, I think this person could have got it to 115 if he wasnt worried about killing the car. I definately think that was a speedo error as mentioned though

In the 1L I had trouble getting to 60mph let alone above that :P ;)

If you want to go faster I don't mind givin you a tow ;) :lol: :D

haha love it!

Cant wait to meet you at MK!

LMAO, guys i was being serious, it happened. :eek:

Im not going to try and repeat it though :S

In fairness i think 96 mph as quoted in the brochure or whatever is a really low estimate, im genuinely surprised that toyota quoted that. Most small cars with small engines can break 100mph and the yaris is one of the lightest and most powerful (lmao) tiny-engined cars. i.e. it has more hp than other cars with similar sized engines.

People on forums are always so sceptical... Ask yourself, why would i be lying about getting 10mph more out of my car than i expected to? seriously like? Although the replies to this thread have me in stitches haha

Seriously though, its not like im on here making ridiculous claims in order to sound cool, im just telling you what i saw. Im not some fckin chav saying "oh yah i wuz maxin out me wikkid mota it was rude man, i rool etc etc", im not pretending to own a fast car either, im not even bragging or boasting about the car i do own. i mean, i dont know any of you, and i dont care if you think im cool or not, so why would i make stuff up like that?

All im saying is that i saw 115 on the speedo of my yaris one night, which is not impossible as its only a few mph more than the quoted top speed. Im not denying that it could well have been error lol, but in saying that theres no way that the top speed is only 96mph a 1.0 yaris can definitely break 100. Especially down a slight hill on a motorway LMAO

Anyway, i just thought id post in this thread about my experience to help out the guy who started the thread.

Not that it matters as the most you will get to do in reality is 70, unless you happen to be on an empty motorway at 3.am. I didnt buy my yaris to go fast, i bought it for economy and i know its not a quick car comparitively speaking. Anyway, if you wanna go fast you should buy a bike.

Speedo's always over estimate and the faster you go, the more inaccurate they become. Anyways, above all of this, I hope you were seeing these speeds on a private road and not on our public ones!! ;-)

And I'll give you a tow Dave... B)

And I'll give you a tow Dave... B)

Only for .0000000000000000000000001mm ........ till you break down ;)

Then I'll tow you too :P

Only for .0000000000000000000000001mm ........ till the rope snaps form the extreme power your Vectra V6 produces over my weezy diesel.

Then I'll blow you too :P

Oh, thank you Dave! :thumbsup:

Speedo's always over estimate and the faster you go, the more inaccurate they become. Anyways, above all of this, I hope you were seeing these speeds on a private road and not on our public ones!! ;-)

yeah thats right, when i do 70 on motorway, GPS says i am doing 67/68 so go even higher and i am sure that difference will increase!

Bikes suck around corners and thats what is best about driving!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links