Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 Vvti Bhp

fish6634

I wouldn't say bikes suck around corners? :wacko: My mate seems pretty quick around them when i follow him in car and his only a rubbish chinese 125cc :P

I half decent car can corner alot better than most bikes, its only on power to weight on straights were bikes fly off!

aye exactly think about it a bikes got 2 lil tyres that only have an inch contact on the road whereas cars have 4 tyres with 5 to 9 inch contact points on the road

aye exactly think about it a bikes got 2 lil tyres that only have an inch contact on the road whereas cars have 4 tyres with 5 to 9 inch contact points on the road

Yup, a decent car driver should easily own a bike round the twisties.

Thing is though, how many decent car drivers are there out there? ;)

Fair enough logically it makes sense it's just my mates bike can carry the speed through the corners where i have to back off for bodyroll :P That was what made me think! But yeah i suppose you're right for really tight bends the bike has to slow down loads aswell!

Fair enough logically it makes sense it's just my mates bike can carry the speed through the corners where i have to back off for bodyroll :P That was what made me think! But yeah i suppose you're right for really tight bends the bike has to slow down loads aswell!

Obviously woody cant drive"!

Never claimed to be a racing driver :thumbsup: (I'd say my driving is swift but safe) However i can definately drive better (as in safer, with an understanding of controlling a skid, braking in straight lines etc.) than alot of my mates/people my age! (As opposed to my mate who approached a corner far too fast, broke mid corner, skidded, hit curb and flipped!)

Back on topic :P I would like to drive a 1 litre to experience the difference in power and slightly different engine design. It would be good to know how much difference that hp makes to actual driveability! Also heard the 1litre was quite torquey (well the 3 cylinder is more so) so i guess that may help to bridge the gap! Hopefully my gf will pass soon so i can try out hers off road somewhere :)

Hopefully my gf will pass soon so i can try out hers off road somewhere :)

:eek: I think you need to be looking at other websites for that sort of malarky Woody ;) :lol::lol:

LOL made me laugh in ICT lads nice one!

Was only messing about your skills dude, watch a video of a car and bike racing and it will show difference.

I drove one litre, i think you have to thrash them even harder than 1.3 to get anything decent out of them!

68 iirc

mines a phase 2 1.0 and i had 115 out of her when she was completely, absolutely standard, tyres an all! and that was with 5 fellas in the car and some stuff in the boot lmao...

96mph my **** lol...

had 115 out of my 1.0 with a FULL boot - when i went to meet DaveSR lol

I've had an indicated 115 on the speedo once driving on the limiter in 5th! and the gps thing I'd borrowed that weekend was showing 109mph. Had a quick glance at the mpg indicator and it was showing 14mpg :wacko: Saying that the car doesn't have it's full interior so is a wee bit lighter than most.

Off to play with a mitsubishi evo now, going rallying next weekend :D :D 280bhp and 120mph on gravel in 6 seconds?!!

i drove my mams 1.0 the otherday cause i was on the reserve ........ again. needs a good thrashin but they dont half fly lol wen people say 1litre u think oh dear but it suprised me like. had 105mph outta that 1ltr probs good for 1 or 2 more mph but it didnt half take its time gettin up there after 70ish

Can I remind folks that bragging about excessive speed is neither big nor clever....

I hope these speeds were on a track and not a public road, where the speed limit is 70mph max dontcha know ;)

This thread is about the bhp of the 1.0, not a competition on whose Yaris goes fastest - carry on and it will be closed.

Not track day but I'm fortunate enough to have access to just over 2 miles of private estate road that, although narrow, is pretty straight. Turn off the public road at a sensible speed and there's plenty of space in a controlled environment!

And to go back on topic 67bhp is plenty for a small light car and plenty for normal driving conditions.

Steven

Right then like Em has said already" Your all using private roads arent you ;) "

take a look here

TRACK ATTACK

dates have not been finalised yet but when they are please bring your yaris's along

and have fun with your bhp safely.

The more the merrier :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links