Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Megan Manifold

Yaris_Tsport

I noticed today when check under my bonnet that one of the two cables to the right of the manifold were actually touching the pipework.and the manifold gets quite hot. Basically i aint a clue what either of them are but for temp i have cable tied them together to pull it away from touching it. anyone else who has fitted one did you do the same??is one of them the clutch cable?

11022007023.jpg

Do they locate onto the top of the gear box? If so they are gear selector cables.

Mart

Do they locate onto the top of the gear box? If so they are gear selector cables.

Mart

will it affect them being cable tied????lol not sure but aint been driving it as have a awful space saver on which feels awful when driving.

They should be fine cable tied as long as they aren't kinked.

they are just pulled together so not to touch manifold as it was resting on it which i would imagine could possibly catch alight lol cheers for the help

get some heat wrap and wrap en the make a bracket to hold em off the manifold, as said if they arnt kinked theyll be ok

get some heat wrap and wrap en the make a bracket to hold em off the manifold, as said if they arnt kinked theyll be ok

yeah thats an idea. never thought of the heat wrap. like you say i could make a bracket coming off the manifold mounting point on the left. cheers for the ideas. :thumbsup:

Wheres the best place to buy heat wrap????

most places sell heat wrap on the net, just search on google, but most of it varies in quality but most is about the same price, just watch the postage costs.

That white wadding on them is heat wrap! They will have rested on the standard manifold and that gets just as hot! If they were going to set alight they'd have done it by now.

The new manifold will get hotter!

How? Has the engine size increased? Is there a bigger burn?

It's the same amount of gas coming out, just quicker! It seems hotter because there's no longer a heat shield to reflect the heat back into the manifold or under the car. The actual pipework will be the same heat.

The new manifold will get hotter!

How? Has the engine size increased? Is there a bigger burn?

It's the same amount of gas coming out, just quicker! It seems hotter because there's no longer a heat shield to reflect the heat back into the manifold or under the car. The actual pipework will be the same heat.

so you reckon the manifold cover would have got just as hot as the pipe work??never thought of it in that way so guess ya right. i might just wrap them in case but also was just bringing it up incase anyone else had the same problems. thanks for the help

No probs... on the actual question you asked, so long as they're not kinked then just pulling them a little out of the way won't do any harm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links