Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels

Andie_M

:angry: :censor: :angry: :censor:

can't believe the wheels on the 2 are corroding already! look sooooo bad!

how do i go about getting mr T to replace them???

Tou walk into the dealership... say can i borrow one of your staff to look at my car.

Then you tell them to sort it out under warrenty as its a very very common problem which they would deffo have come accross before.

It's as easy as that... go get yourself some new wheels.. then do it again next year too :lol:

think ill take a wee trip up to the dealer tomorrow! :)

"hawl u, ere gie me sum new wheels" lol kiddin

I just like to call it well spoken :!Removed!:

Could you not get them refurbed properly at Toyota's expense rather than continously getting new rims with crap paint? just a thought.....I'll go back to the "proper" mr2 section now..... :help:

I'll go back to the "proper" mr2 section now..... :help:

I'll help you on your way......

kitsumi-kick.jpg

:lol:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! THUMP!!!

What characters that from? Is that an old school cartoon I don't remember?

stop hi-jackin my post you two!!!

yeah suppose that would be an idea mikey.... shall see what mr T has to say for himself when i go! :)

:!Removed!: can you post a pic on what your wheels have gone like,,so i can check mine out,,as it seems to be a common problem as there are regular postings on here about it...Do all mr2 s get wheel corrosion?????P.P.

you can spot it a mile off hun... they look as though there years old and not 8 months old! the laquer etc will be bubbly more than likely...

ill try get you a pic of mines tomorrow...

they corrode because Toyota didn't put any laquer on them in the first place or was it primer they didn't use, one of them anyway!

Welcome to the...'yeah, they all do that' club... when your mates look at your stunning car and you notice them looking at the wheels for a little bit too long!

Thinking of getting non-standard alloys, since every time I wash them a little bit more flakes off :rolleyes:

PP.. you are looking for an uneven paint finnish whick looks like blisters on the surface. Check at the edges of the spokes.

• 3 weeks later...

get new alloys this week!!!!

WOOP WOOP! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Better book it in for 6/8 months time to get another set :(

:wacko: mine are fine :blink: dunt know if i feel cheated that i cant get a new set......or is there still time yet??? :thumbsup:

:wacko: mine are fine :blink: dunt know if i feel cheated that i cant get a new set......or is there still time yet??? :thumbsup:

They can be replaced any time during the three year warranty period and if they get changed just before that runs out (as mine were) you get another 12 months parts warranty :thumbsup:

..thanks for that Les ,,i suppose i meant to say because there is no sign yet that they are corroding ,,does it mean that they arnt likely now to corrode or sometimes can it take a couple of years before corrosion can set in??? :( P.P.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links