Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Road Tax Online.

JappyBeast

My road tax runs out today, if I bought it online now, would I be ok to drive it till the new disc came thru the post?

Yes, I am too lazy to go into town tomorrow to fetch one.

My road tax runs out today, if I bought it online now, would I be ok to drive it till the new disc came thru the post?

Yes, I am too lazy to go into town tomorrow to fetch one.

I had this conversation with someone at work yesterday. We thought the offence was failure to display so you could be in trouble. the cameras at the side of the road should pick up you have tax but it's the traffic wardens you should worry about. If when ordering online it gives you a reference number you could try the "Tax applied for Ref No. 1234567889" in your windscreen. Thats what my colleague is doing.

It gives you something to print off... have that in the car at all times and you should be fine.

buying mine tomorrow from post office. Keeping my documents in the car so if I do get pulled then Im showing my disc on the windscreen and have the documents to get my new one. Thing is the bugger I got my car from didnt send his forms in so I now have to contact DVLA to inform them I own the car.......***** :ffs:

£100 for 12 months but my paper circle doesn't go as fast. :P

Getting it online is cool though. Paid for mine at midnight last Tuesday and the disc was here Friday. :yes:

Mines up at the end of March, £175 for a year, ouchie :!Removed!:

How come its not cheaper when you order it online.. Usually ordering online makes things cheaper as your not paying for the other person to do the work (your typing it in yourself etc)..

Also, whats road / fuel tax money actually spent on?? I see hardly any changes / improvements to the roads... My wish is that the next person that comes into power gets rid of fuel and road tax (but it will probably never happen) :)

My car just manages to scrap into the £190 bracket :censor: , its painful throwing that money away every year.

How come its not cheaper when you order it online.. Usually ordering online makes things cheaper as your not paying for the other person to do the work (your typing it in yourself etc)..

Also, whats road / fuel tax money actually spent on?? I see hardly any changes / improvements to the roads... My wish is that the next person that comes into power gets rid of fuel and road tax (but it will probably never happen) :)

You'll be lucky mate - especially with Brown in office.

council tax is first then they'll hit the road users.

J

110 for a year isnt bad i suppose but how some of my friends who have 1.4's pay only 100 a year!

The roads are a disgrace, suppose we are getting a few extra lanes on the M1 tho!

I recently picked up my Mitsi V6. It came with no tax, but new MOT. Got insurance sorted and logged onto the DVLA website to tax the car online.

I only got as far as the 3rd step when it said that I couldn't proceed because my insurance isn't digitaly online or something like that. So I went to the local post office and sorted it in 5 minutes.

I am dreading any new road charging or taxing rules. It will mean my 2.5ltr V6 is going to cost me a bomb :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links