Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tns Cables - What Do They Look Like?

LeeGawthorpe

Hi All

Just wondering if the RAV is "pre cabled" for a TNS system?

Looked under the passenger seat, where the CD changer is and there are two sets of cables one "set" is inside a corrugated cable tidy.

From memory CD Changers only have ONE set of ISO cables so I have my fingers crossed :unsure:

Don't know how they can "afford" to cable out so many cars when such a small %age will have the navigation system fitted. Suppose scales of economy mean ,000's of the same are cheaper than a whole selection of cables.

Well any help and advice is very appreciated.

BTW 05 3Dr Granite VVTi

Hi All

Just wondering if the RAV is "pre cabled" for a TNS system?

Looked under the passenger seat, where the CD changer is and there are two sets of cables one "set" is inside a corrugated cable tidy.

From memory CD Changers only have ONE set of ISO cables so I have my fingers crossed :unsure:

Don't know how they can "afford" to cable out so many cars when such a small %age will have the navigation system fitted. Suppose scales of economy mean ,000's of the same are cheaper than a whole selection of cables.

Well any help and advice is very appreciated.

BTW 05 3Dr Granite VVTi

Lee

If you look on the Toyota Publications Website

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/default1....1b-551e80966634

Look in the left column to find "search publications" it will put a drop down set of boxes. If you click on the top one and click Accessory Instalation Manuals and search it will then put up a red box Search AIM.

Then you click on RAV 4 and in the category box you want navigation - click search.

You can then find a PDF file with the TNS for your model.

You will find that the cables are part of the TNS kit but it gives very detailed instructions on how much interior needs to come out and where to route the cables etc.

Enjoy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links