Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Auris

Fred6370

Chippower

There is a link to where I bought the box for my corolla.

The opinion on using this box is that if something happens to the car, take out the tuning before you leave it at the workshop.

It has not been tried out against the regional toyota dealer, but there is no reason to take the chance. It takes 5 minutes to remove the box and restore the car to original.

I used the box for 35000 km, and there was no problems at all.

I am not sure yet if I will by one for my auris. I actually drived on some track meets here in norway, so i needed all the power I could get.

Not thinking of doing the same with this car, so I think I will spend my money on something else.

And when I sold my corolla, I sold the box with it, or else I sure would have used it.

Some of my friends also bought frome this guy in denmark, an they are still very pleased.

Fred: How much did you pay for that power box?

Do you know wich modified parameters the powerbox send to the ECU (injection, turbo, etc...) ?

Cheers

Hi Xana you seem very interested in it I bet you are going to buy it. If you do it and if you buy it here in portugal or trough the internet please send me the contact. I'm not thinking of doing it now and even if I do it I'm still thinking about doing it with the toyota original box or this one because during maintenance I'm not sure if they can't trace it by the diagnostic memories and in that case there goes the warranty. Nevertheless send me the contact if you do buy it.

I payed around 200£ for the box.

I`m not actually sure what the box do, but a quallified guess is that it increase the resistance between the ECU and the Common Rail system, so the injector diesel pressure becomes higher.

Not sure of this, but that is my guess!

Hi again,

Yes it's possible to reprograme the ECU on the 1.4 D4D, here you can check it out on a test, you can see the 1.4 D4D original power, and the 1.4 D4D with the reprogramed ECU:

http://www.tuning.online.pt/forum/toyota-c...ower-t4317.html

Original ECU -------- Reprogramed ECU

97 ps ---------------> 122 ps

196 torque --------> 252 torque

Fread: you say that you use a cheap powerbox, bought from denmark, and it worked great on the 1.4 D4D, but how much kilometers did you use it? Never had problems with it?

Can you give us the link of the produt or the name of it?

Are you gone try it on the Auris, since it's the same engine or it doesn't fit on the Auris?

What's the opinion of the cheef enginier in the Toyota office where you work about this PowerBox or reprogramed ECU?

Grippen: I think I have already seen on the autohoje forum some topic with that alarm problem... correct? - I'm from Portugal as well :thumbsup:

Cheers

Chippower

There is a link to where I bought the box for my corolla.

The opinion on using this box is that if something happens to the car, take out the tuning before you leave it at the workshop.

It has not been tried out against the regional toyota dealer, but there is no reason to take the chance. It takes 5 minutes to remove the box and restore the car to original.

I used the box for 35000 km, and there was no problems at all.

I am not sure yet if I will by one for my auris. I actually drived on some track meets here in norway, so i needed all the power I could get.

Not thinking of doing the same with this car, so I think I will spend my money on something else.

And when I sold my corolla, I sold the box with it, or else I sure would have used it.

Some of my friends also bought frome this guy in denmark, an they are still very pleased.

I have just purchase an Auris 1.4 D4D 90 T3 with MMT gearbox. On my previous Corolla (same engine/gearbox) I used a Dragon Performance chip which was brilliant increasing power by about 22bhp and also giving a significant increase in torque (can't say how much, but it made quite a difference). I have just transferred this chip onto my Auris as the fitting clips are identical and it has again made quite a difference although the engine is still quite tight as it is still running in. These chips are available from www.dragonperformanceuk.com the chip for the Corolla (which also fits the Auris) is £269.00 with a 30 day money back guarantee if you can't tell the difference. Allegedly, there is an improvement in consumption, I didn't really notice it. I ran this chip on my Corolla for about 10,000 miles with no problems.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I think I need to buy some alloys...

Hi, did you already try the powerbox with the Auris?

How the powerbox get's power(electricity) to work? - There's some kind of small Battery inside the box?

Winterwheels....

Really nice.....

DSC00971.jpg

:( Thats the way i,am driving around in a couple of weeks for the winter periode ;) so youre not alone

I think I need to buy some alloys...

Hi, did you already try the powerbox with the Auris?

How the powerbox get's power(electricity) to work? - There's some kind of small Battery inside the box?

I have not tried powerbox on my auris, but i had the same engine in my corolla, with a box, and i know it helps! But it is not going to be a race car anyway with only 1,4litres.... so dont think i am going to buy one for this car... The power box is just connected to the original wire harness of the car, so no need for extra electricity...

:( Thats the way i,am driving around in a couple of weeks for the winter periode ;) so youre not alone

couple of weeks?? try november to april.....

couple of weeks?? try november to april.....

maybe there are 2 times that snow is falling overhere in Holland :)

• 2 weeks later...

You could have same problems with 1.4 d4d as myself.It takes ages to warm up and worst thing is that people from Toyota says it is normal.

I must get that center console hope that someone gets a pic fast and as Xana I hope I can add a power box soon too. Just a correction Xana power box according to Toyota Tunning will provide 116 hp at least at the corolla. No reason not to do it in the Auris.

So, anyone got a powerbox yet? I don't have my Auris yet but am curious about it. Some extra power without voiding warranties or risking the D4D 1.4 engine would be nice. There are many brands available but I don't know much about them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links