Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tom Tom On A Mobile

Kev Mc

Got my new phone the other day & I've got a couple of journeys coming up that I need Sat Nav for. I've basically got 2 options:

1) To buy a Tom Tom One for about £160

2) Buy the GPS Receiver & SD Disk with Tom Tom installed & use my phone for Sat Nav (if I've missed anything else, please let me know)

Has any1 used Tom Tom on a phone? Is it any good? Easy to use & all that. I like the sound of it because it's probably cheaper & it will mean I wont have to either carry it around, or leave my car with a £160 unit in, I'll just have my phone as usual, if it's awful though I might just buy the proper unit.

If any1 has got any advice I'd really appreciate it, what I really need is some suggestions as to what to buy (with links if possible) because basically Everton are playing in Birmingham in a week & I need to have it all sorted for that so I can't really mess about, I just need to get it bought.

Thanks all

What phone you got ???

Plus you can now buy phones with built in GPS - that's what i'm after next ;)

Search for O2 Xda Orbit and nokia do one to called the N95 I think?

Not much help I know :rolleyes:

Personally take back your new phone and get one of the above :thumbsup:

Nokia N73 music Edition (from Orange), taking it back isn't really an option, took over 2 weeks to get my mitts on this 1 so it'll do until it's time for an upgrade

I have TomTom 6 running on my Dell Axim X51v with a Holux GPSlim 240 (check it out on ebay) as it was the smallest bluetooth GPS device I could find. So far I've used it for a few journeys around the UK as well as Tenerife and the biggest test was about 3500km in Australia.

My dad has the o2 XDA Orbit (bought it sim free) and has loaded TomTom onto it and says it is great. He is now about to put his Mitac Mio up for sale as the Orbit does everything his old PDA did as well as making phone calls.

I use tomtom on my mda vario II. Perfect use it quite often had tomtom for a few years - had it on my c500 before and transferred it across. It is better on a phone with a bigger screen butg it was perfectly usable on the c500 with a small screen.

One thing extra you willl need is a decent phone holder

I have used a number of Tom Tom systems but the one on my N80 is my favourite simply because it is the ultimate in portable and extremely cheap too.

You don't miss the big screan at all and it has all the features you need. :thumbsup:

Clicky :thumbsup:

I also use a Dell x50v PDA with TomTom & Igo installed - i would recommend a PDA to anyone as your not just spending the money on 1 device ou will only use in the car.

THen again i'm an IT techie so i'm always on the PDA.

J

I have used a number of Tom Tom systems but the one on my N80 is my favourite simply because it is the ultimate in portable and extremely cheap too.

You don't miss the big screan at all and it has all the features you need. :thumbsup:

Great, that's just what I wanted to hear, have you got a link to the system you bought? Any recommendations for the receiver?

Clicky :thumbsup:

I also use a Dell x50v PDA with TomTom & Igo installed - i would recommend a PDA to anyone as your not just spending the money on 1 device ou will only use in the car.

THen again i'm an IT techie so i'm always on the PDA.

J

Thanks but that's no good for the N73

You have a PM Kev. That link is the same software as I use Kev as it will install on many different evices including the symbian based N80. Not sure what the n73 is but I would expect it to be the same?

You have a PM Kev. That link is the same software as I use Kev as it will install on many different evices including the symbian based N80. Not sure what the n73 is but I would expect it to be the same?

That's brilliant, just what I needed, thanks.

PM replied to

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links