Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ebay Experts Need Help Please....

Fizz

Right, bought a couple of these PicoZ helicopters from a chap as Firebox was sold out.

I already have one which i bought from firebox and a couple of family members wanted one as well so thought id try eBay.

The items have arrived and they are fake copies of the original. :ffs:

Now slightly annoyed i checked the link again to the item once more to find he has worded the advert to say its like the PicoZ which i didn’t notice before! :!Removed!:

Ok... The advert states he has a 7 day money back return if unopened but the buyer has to pay for postage.

Now the pictures he has displayed at the bottom of the add shows the original packing which an original PicoZ comes in. The box i got was totally different. :unsure:

Also the box says PicoZ on it in the bottom left corner which means it IS a fake box and not just a 'look-a-like'.

For the sake of £7 should i just send him a message asking for a refund upon return at my own cost of should i try get all my monies back based upon the fact that the item is different to the one he has sent. (picture wise)

Also the propeller is bent above the chopper and doesn’t look like the original so may not even work anyway! :huh:

Link to the items purchased.

Any input/help would be great.

Regards

Fizz

You're probably a bit stuck there as it does say "like the picco Z" quite a few times.

The only thing you can go on is the fact that he didn't say the photos weren't of it so he's sold you something that wasn't pictured there.

Possibly a threat of going to eBay to tell them about fakes might help.

aye... well im just abotu to send him this message...

Hi,

I'd like to return the items as they are not what i was expecting.

They are fake copies of the PicoZ and although you stated that they are 'like' PicoZ, the box actually has PicoZ written on it so you are in fact selling counterfeit goods.

On top of this the Item you have sold me came in a totally differnt packaging to the picture you have used in your advert.

The picture in your advert is of the original box the PicoZ come in and i would know as i already own an original item. The box your item came in was square unlike your picture, so again this is false advertising.

In addition to this, the upper rotor in both items are clearly bent upwards and I cannot see them being able to fly with this setup.

Please can you confirm which Name/Address where I can post these items back to.

I'd like a full refund including the cost I have to pay to return the good to you.

I’ve not raised a eBay dispute yet as im sure we can work this out between us.

Regards

Faisal

Isn’t there a copyright infringement here as well by using the photo of an original?

ebay wouldn't like that

indeed there is... its why ive waited for the item to end before sending him this email to see what he says. This way he cant edit a closed listing. :yes:

what about the cost of sending the items back though.. that would still make me out of pocket....:(

Entirely up to you but I'd file a dispute with eBay. You stand a better chance of a full refund and this charlatan gets what he deserves as well. :yes:

I love eBay but it really is a case of caveat emptor. eBay want it to be like buying from anywhere else with the same rights you'd have if you bought it from a shop in person or by mail order.

There's a forum on eBay which may also be worth a try as there's some real expert buyers and sellers on there. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links