Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A Sony Cd Changer

chandler32

evening all.

I have now bought a CDX-T69 sony 6 CD player and a Connects2 adapter for the radio. I am planning to mount the unit either in the boot or under the passenger seat on Velcro and run the cables under the centre console to the back of the head unit. I also need to remove my car kit as i no longer have the phone.

Are there any diagrams anywhere for taking the dash apart? or it is a 'remove screws and pull it hard' job? would prefer to do it properly so it doesn't rattle when it goes back together!!

Anyone done a similar job?

thanks. :thumbsup:

thanks for that, just what i needed!!

I was going to put the changer under the drivers seat. I assume its just 4 bolts and a switch to disconnect. Any problems i'm likely to encounter? i don't think theres any airbags in the seat :lol:

It's 4 bolts, switch and arial to disconnect. I think there is only one empty socket which is where you will connect the CD changer to (2005 T3x model).

You will need a fairly long socket set to reach the top two bolts. I also found it easier to use a pen knife to carefully lift the cover around the gear lever (don't scratch it though!).

thanks for your replies. Sandpiper, i meant 4 bolts to hold the seat in. If there are airbags in it i'll leave well alone!

Its taking an age to get the Connects2 adapter anyways, so won't be doing it this weekend....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links