Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Rav Alarm Help!

tufty9

Went to unlock my 2003 RAV4 NRG and nothing happened - Neither mine nor my spare key would do anything to the car - When I unlocked the passenger side with the key the alarm sounded for about 30 seconds and stopped but car is still armed - The driver's side door remained locked and couldn't unlock it from inside either - The door open button on handle seemed stuck, and door open button did nothing - I put keys in ignition and then was able to open drivers door, but the alarm is still activated. I am too scared to start car incase it wrecks the programming. Anytime open the doors the alarm goes off!

Anyone ever had this problem before, and can anyone tell me how to disconnect the alarm to deactivate it?

It can't be the fob batteries as they wouldn't both fail at the same time!

Any advice at all much appreciated - Typical this happens on a bank holiday! I am going to call the RAC in the hope they might have a clue!

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI

you could try disconecting the car Battery this should reset the alarm,

you might have to leave it disconected for about an hour or so.

hope it helps.....ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links