Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gutted & Very Dissapointed

GreyRacer

My garage phoned me at 16:25 yesterday to tell me not to come and collect my new T180 this morning. The DVLA has still not completed the paperwork to register it with my plate. After talking to the DVLA they told us that they are working 20 days behind normal. My application has been lying in their office since 3rd. If I wanted to have it on an 07 plate it would have been almost immediate. So what are the a488h0les up to?

I would be gutted too, i would have been excited all week and thats a big let down.

These departments are an absolute joke, i moved house recently, 1 grand fine if i didn't inform them within a month. If your late sending stuff to these departments and companies you get big fines but it doesn't work the other way round - they can take as long as they like and make excuses.

What a bummer - hope you get it soon.

I take it that the delay is because you wanted a "personal" plate on your new car.

The DVLA are notorius for delays in the transfer of this type of plate, but of course they make a lot of money out of the sale of "personalised" plates :rolleyes:

It would possibly have been better for you to get your new car registered as 07 and transferred to a PP later

Yes it will down to my wife's plate. She got it for her birthday in 1991 and this will be the 7th car it will be mounted on. Never had a time delay before with any of the previous 6 new cars.

That's annoying! A very similar thing happened to my mum today.

She went to pick up her new (well, new to her) car and couldn't because they didn't have the V5, and couldn't tax it. They didn't have everything because it was still away having a private plate from the previous owner transferred from it!

Yep DVLA are useless at these transfers :censor: :censor: ....last three cars I have had, I placed my plate on retention then transfered over at a later date...at least you can then use the car whilst waiting for the DVLA to move the paper work around....

But bad also for the garage not telling you until the 11th hour....

Hope you enjoy your new car...... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep DVLA are useless at these transfers :censor: :censor: ....last three cars I have had, I placed my plate on retention then transfered over at a later date...at least you can then use the car whilst waiting for the DVLA to move the paper work around....

But bad also for the garage not telling you until the 11th hour....

Hope you enjoy your new car...... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't blame the garage as they had been waiting for Friday morning mail. When it did not arrive the salesman kept phoning my house without answer. Only the manager has my mobile number.

It now transpires that the DVLA should not have told the garage that they were running 20 days behind normal as their Charter states that all paperwork must be completed within 10 working days. We know that if you badger them they return your application to the bottom of the pile (told to us by DLVA personel themselves). So tomorrow we will make a polite enquiry. I can lodge an official complaint after receiving my registration as I don't want to bu44er things up for me or the garage at the moment.

Hope it all goes well for you!

Went to see another T180 at the weekend, plus a golf and an audi amongst others. T180 is a winner - beautiful, sorry to rub it in but when you get it you'll love it.

Can't blame the garage as they had been waiting for Friday morning mail. When it did not arrive the salesman kept phoning my house without answer. Only the manager has my mobile number.

It now transpires that the DVLA should not have told the garage that they were running 20 days behind normal as their Charter states that all paperwork must be completed within 10 working days. We know that if you badger them they return your application to the bottom of the pile (told to us by DLVA personel themselves). So tomorrow we will make a polite enquiry. I can lodge an official complaint after receiving my registration as I don't want to bu44er things up for me or the garage at the moment.

DVLA ha..... so if you annoy them they place you to the bottom of the already lengthy paper pile... :eek::eek:

If true, that's terrible about the practices of the DVLA :angry:

It wouldn't surprise me to be honest given what a useless, control freak and corrupt Government we now have. It's all getting positively third world. This government wants it all its own way - do as we say not as we do.

DVLA staff found indulging in this practice should be sacked on the spot. I am getting seriously hacked off at how law abiding motorists are now treated generally in this country :ffs:

Not something that can be proved although I wish it could be. Then again it is probably the only bit of power these paper pushing minions can indulge in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links