Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm Thinking Of Buying A Celica

K19NE G

Thanks for all your replies guys... I don't know why but the subtle differences in the GT bumper for example swung me in it's favour... well anyway I've gone and bought one!

It's a '97 2.0GT on an R reg, 48,900miles on the clock, full service history, just had alloys refurbed and I have to say it is as mint as it looked in the ad photo! :D A nice car for £3k me thinks... The old guy who owned it for the last 7 years (only 1 owner before that) has it parked up in his garage all week and only used it at weekends.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think? I can't wait to pick it up on Thursday.

Click here!

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/style_i...mages/image.gif

Insert Image

I would just like to add to that and say well to wear!! The car looks beautiful and sounds like a great bargain - just the kind of car I'd get if I was in the market for one again. I'm sure you'll have amazing driving with it, and they are the best cars you can get for the price... heck, even if I was a millionaire, I reckon my Celica would still top of the list in the car department :)

Like Adam's was, my GT is lowered on 18s, and I quite like it, but I'm not sure I'd reccomend it. I mean, it looks amazing but the handling was better on my old 94 standard GT, and it was much less harsh on the bumpy Irish roads! The lad I nought it off lived in London, so I reckon he didn't suffer as much with the bumps as me... in the last 3 months this car has gone through hell on our terrible roads, and I woudn't be surprised if the standard suspension gives up soon.. so I'll have to decide whether to get a custom suspension, or maybe just higher it a bit to give some relief to the standard suspension. But... I'll say it again, the car really looks amazing when lowered on 18s.. so I guess you can weigh it up :)

My next investments will be panel filter and a full decat which I got with the car.

My machine:

celicagt013hu6.th.jpg celicagt019rg9.th.jpg celicagt026tf3.th.jpg

Interior

celicagt037fc8.th.jpg celicagt038ev7.th.jpg

Cross Drilled Brakes

celicagt010vw6.th.jpg

Have to say the 18" wheels and lowering springs combo looks great but seeing as the wheels were newly refurbed to an excellent finish I think I'll stick with them and just mild lowering springs for now!

I've just ordered a K&N panel filter on eBay and intend to remove the snorkel to give a bit more audible ooomph if anything! :lol:

Anyway, picked the car up this evening and I'm well impressed but have a few things to check out:

noise from the blower inside the car - when I turn it on (even to 1) it sounds like something is rubbing against the fan - maybe just a leaf or something that has got inside - anyone else had similar problems?

wheels need balancing - I've just noticed that there are no weights on the wheels - probably as the powder coating was too fresh to fit them!

Wheel bearing noise which I did notice on the test drive but is more noticeable on the motorway... will take to a garage this weekend and check everything out!

Overall I'm a very happy bunny though! :D

I know it is not much help but last w/e I found a scrappy with a Celi that had a rear strut brace and late spec JDMs. Got the lot for £40!! They are extremely hard to find, but they do exist. Both items highly recommended and probably worth the full price. If my GT4 has them when I get one, these will be for sale.

You lucky bugger! :ffs: Ah in fairness fair play... good deal! When you do get the GT4 if it's anytime soon, be good to a newbie and give me first dibs please! :D I'm gonna call into my local Toyota for prices tomorrow anyway...

Panel filter won't sound any different unless you remove the resonator boxes. There is one behind the NS wing and another smaller one before the throttle body. The best improvement would be a better cold air feed into the existing airbox. Don't be tempted to drill holes in the airbox! would recomend the TRD panel filter as one of the better ones.

Not heard of the blower fan being a problem before. does the leccy aerial work? these usually break (£35 for a new mast)

The wheel balance weights should be stuck to the inside of the wheel not clipped on the outside like they did in ye olde days. by inside, i mean behind the spokes so you can't see them!

get the wheel bearings checked. Toyota will only sell you the entire hub assembly if they do need changing, but there are blueprint parts available i believe. yours is so low mileage i would be very suprised if the bearings are gone. is there any play in the wheel when you jack it up?

Panel filter won't sound any different unless you remove the resonator boxes. There is one behind the NS wing and another smaller one before the throttle body. The best improvement would be a better cold air feed into the existing airbox. Don't be tempted to drill holes in the airbox! would recomend the TRD panel filter as one of the better ones.

Not heard of the blower fan being a problem before. does the leccy aerial work? these usually break (£35 for a new mast)

The wheel balance weights should be stuck to the inside of the wheel not clipped on the outside like they did in ye olde days. by inside, i mean behind the spokes so you can't see them!

get the wheel bearings checked. Toyota will only sell you the entire hub assembly if they do need changing, but there are blueprint parts available i believe. yours is so low mileage i would be very suprised if the bearings are gone. is there any play in the wheel when you jack it up?

Yeah I've read up on removing the resonator boxes so don't worry I'm not going to drill holes! I've already bought a K&N panel filter. Can't see there being much difference over the TRD.

I know now where the fan is (behind the glovebox) so I'm going to go at that - will let you know the outcome!

The electric aerial works perfect! :thumbsup:

The rear wheels have weights stuck to the inside, but the fronts don't - I think they forgot? As you say they may be inside the spokes though. If it's not the wheels it may be the steering alignment - I had that problem on my GXi Corolla - it wasn't the wheel balance but the steering alignment which was causing the slight vibration.

I really hope it's not the rear bearings as they are over £120 a piece... plus VAT!! :censor: The fronts are over £30 a piece plus VAT. I'm convinced it's a bearing as the tyres are all new and they're not low profile as they are shod on standard wheels. Although the mileage is low, that means the car would spend lots of time parked up giving time to dry out!? Haven't had a chance to jack it up yet... anyway... may need info on those blueprint parts.

Car booked in with Toyota on Tuesday for an intermediate service and check-up for £79 all-in. Not bad as you also get a report which should highlight any problems which I doubt there are outside of what I've noticed...

I have a copy of the Electronic parts catalogue here if you want it. its a pig to install and use, but it has all the part numbers and diagrams on. PM me your address if you want it.

I have a copy of the Electronic parts catalogue here if you want it. its a pig to install and use, but it has all the part numbers and diagrams on. PM me your address if you want it.

'chandler32': Got the parts catalogue at the start of the week thanks! :toast:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links