Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa -05 Headlight Replacement (lhdr)

Jari

Hi,

I have -05 Left hand Drive Previa. Left side headlight bulb is blind and I have no idea how to access the bulb to replace it. As you can imagine there is no room at all behind the headlight assembly to change the broken bulb.

The only options I can think of are either

- reassemble bodywork around it or

- remove the whole headlight assembly

If you have experience of such replacement I would be very pleased to hear.

Thanks in advance,

br Jari

• 5 years later...

Hi Jari

I realise your post is old but I have the exact same problem. Did you solve it in the end?

There is just no space to get leverage...

Thanks

Patrik

Hi, again regarding Toyota previa 2005 headlight bulb replacement.

I found your other post and persisted. Indeed, if you turn the back cover a quarter turn anti-clockwise it comes off.

The back cover sits with a rubber seal inside the headlight assembly. So it responds to a firm twist. Keep pushing.

Push the other cables out of the way to create a little bit of space. Pull off the bulb connector. Wiggle if you have to. I used a narrow pair of pliers for some leverage.

You can't see what you are doing. Knuckles will be scraped.

The bulb itself sits with a single lever spring. Just find the most protruding piece of wire and push it towards the front of the car, then up or down will release it. Sorry cant remember which as I couldn't see.

Pull the wire spring completely out of the way, otherwise you'll have trouble pulling the bulb out and the replacement in. Don't touch the glass part of the bulb.

As you pull the bulb out look which way it is. Push the new bulb in the same way. You can see through the headlight whether the new bulb is seated correctly. Check against the other bulb.

FYI, I replaced both bulbs for the Philips extra bright ones. Major improvement.

• 8 years later...

its annoying how much of a problem it is to access these bulps.

I ended up by release the front bumper and lowering it so i could slide out the whole front light and replaced all the bulps at once! 

download (1).png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links